The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Are all of them 3% of your power? Then it would be more efficient with cheaper powers, although it might not have all that much impact with only triggering every 10 seconds.
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

All of them are 3%.

I'm just wondering if there are more than two per powerset. I'll keep an eye on the broker today.
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The only other Energized mod I'm seeing for Gadgets is Energized EMP.

It looks like all of the "Execute" moves received Energized mods. It also looks like several of the "Mass PI Applicators" received Energized mods too.

Since these mods appear to be related to StatsRevamp, let's engage in some Gadgets StatsRevamp speculation.

Based on what I saw for Mental testing, we can make some educated guesses on what the Gadgets update is going to look like:

Examples:
    Intimidation
    Description: Provides 33% Precision and 33% weapon buff for 6 seconds
    Cooldown: 12 seconds

Paralyzing Dart
    Description: Mass PI Applicator and ranged stun
    Cooldown: 12 seconds
    CC Duration: 6 seconds
    Debuff: This may get moved to another power.

In that case, almost every use of the Energized Paralyzing Dart mod would give you power back.

Also, I've been wondering which power in Gadgets would make a good Supercharge Generator. Horrific Visage is used as the SC Generator in Mental.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

@Penryn

Did you have a chance to test any CC duration on the powers now that there is access to higher dom stats? If not, I might be able to do it over the weekend. I'm playing more with the live combat system since the one on test is ****. I'm not going out of my way to test any damage components on test server though. Not anymore. Not until they address the Power Over Time bugs we reported and have a response to the shoddy control effects they never fixed.

This new batch of developers think Controllers are going to have more to do with the changes they added that no one asked for. They're unaware that there is a lack of high priority threats that absolutely need controlling in any content that was released in what? 2? 3 years? This includes the new content development team and the old one. Even the new instance has zero radical effects from NPCs that need controlling. Given the history of the developers failure to go to the extremes to make CCing needed for objectives, how could any player actually believe they'll deliver on this given their record of failures to deliver compared to the actual successes? That's what amazes me with this community.

The most the developers have done was add more NPCs that can be repeatedly controlled but have no high threat level. However, the changes on test server will negate that once live. As it stands with no adjustments to the last time I tested (which Mepps has confirmed there were little changes made since then), Controllers will have more to do, and excel more, in the damage aspect of the role. I don't mind that since I've done it in the past but the need to CC and the strength of our CC is at grave risk of being phased out in practicality. This includes the cool downs that are attached to the mass cc powers.

As for the supercharge generator power for Gadgets, I'm not sure. I stopped giving it much thought. These fundamental alterations on test are moving me towards.... a direction.
  5. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I see where you're coming from. adjusting CC is completely depending on content design, and content design has been utter garbage in that regard for years now. I'd be fine with reduction of CC effects across all powersets since DPS weren't the only role with power creep. But obviously content design is a major part in what Controllers can do, no matter what kind of CC effects they have as we can see right now on live. So I'm super sceptical of CC still because once again all we have is some promise that content design will make it matter again which is hard to believe given their track record and the recent content.

About power healing I'm actually fine with the auto PoT aura. As long as power healing doesn't have any powerset specific mechanics and is limited to the usual PoT-Recharge-Supercharge, I'll take any release of loadout slots. Not to carry 3 debuffs because let's be honest, carrying 3 debuffs was never particularly useful, but there are so many tools that we have access to and even damage powers or Iconics/Movement powers could go in that free slot.
    That said, to be honest I would have preferred them to remove power dump actually and keep PoT like it is on live (except splitting after 4 and stacking up to 2). Rotating PoT is really no biggie and double/triple ticking does add some skill whereas spamming recharge is nothing more than a dead man's switch to keep trolls busy. Nothing tactical about it and zero benefit for the caster unless every other power in this game.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

From what I've seen, it is largely the 1.1 build that was released before Christmas with a couple of minor bug fixes. The passive PoT is still rather buggy.

I'm starting to believe that Mass Levitation is bugged and that CC powers shouldn't be scaling with Dom. Instead, powers will have fixed CC durations.

I spent a lot of time today checking out base power costs and cooldowns in the Mental power set. I put together an informational DPS guide for the Mental thread.
  7. loupblanc Dedicated Player

This is the part I don't get at all. Why would they want to introduce the passive PoT mechanic for Controllers when:
    - its going to create more work to get it right
    - is not really required as current PoT system on Live is fine as is
    - if it is something that some people like for Controllers, then its a case of judging whether the benefits outweigh the time taken to get a new PoT mechanic working correctly for all scenarios, or if the time taken to fix the bugs is too long or not worth the effort.
    [IMG]

To me, its not worth the effort or they would have fixed it already. Do they really have so much time on their hands to try to change something when its not really broken?
  8. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea I would've preferred the same. With the way PoT delivers small ticks now along with the supercharge, I just prefer a burst type power heal in some form though.

I'm not sure they'll budge on the AutoPoT (that's not what the devs are calling it I just call it that because it sounds better). Because passive regen is a thing especially if you dps, the power healing aspect of the Controller role is not being phased out completely but it's just something that's becoming a secondary, or even tertiary, duty. So I'm putting more focus on testing the other aspect of the role which is controlling. I've gotten info in PM but I'm not sure if I'm suppose to share it. I'm trying to recommend somethings but that's all it is. I'm not sure anything will be done with it. I just dont want to go back to the days where my CC effects literally did nothing after 2 seconds.

If they're going to make blue bar healing easy, atleast I'll still like playing the game if I can physically control enemies and not have them ignore my CC in 1 second. If I can't do CC and power heal, then there's no point in playing. I consider myself primarily a Controller. If it wasn't for the overall Controller changes, I've wouldn't mind the change in damage role routes.

**Actually I am allowed to share it I forgot.
    This is from Dev Shin-O-B.
    To answer your question directly, the duration for control effects are fixed in the revamp. The general mechanics work like so:
    • Damage Role control effect duration is 3 seconds
    • Control Role control effect duration is 6 seconds
    • Specialty single target abilities that require setup, like Ambush: Sleep and Stealth: Cuff 'em will have a control effect duration of 6 seconds, in Damage Role, and 12 seconds, in Control Role
    • Other abilities, with light control effects on them, have a duration of 500 milliseconds

It confirms what Penryn and I tested and some recent assumptions made by each of us. I can get behind them if the breakout profiles are adjusted even though I don't like that Dom doesn't play a factor anymore in length of time. Especially if it's gameplay on NPCs in raids that is the same as what I experienced in the alerts with that CC.

They are working on breakouts for NPCs though. Penryn & I don't think NPCs should breakout at 2 or even 3 seconds in raids. I did mention variation in NPC ranks for their breakouts. Each herd in raids has different types of NPCs. Matches, minions, trash rank, etc. If matches or higher breakout at 2 or 3 seconds that wouldn't bother me because those are NPCs that will hurt the group and the tank. It keeps the tank engaged. But, there must be an increase and presence of lower ranked NPCs, even same match rank, but they must be controllable for longer durations. These NPCs designed for Controllers to stop.

By having those 2 types of NPCs in a herd, everyone is engaged. Healers have something to heal, tank has something to taunt and keep an eye on, controllers control, and dps deal damage to both a fixed positioned target and something moving. Most raids have this already but what I emphaized in the past was that there needed to be more of these types in herds. They can definitely do more here even if these NPCs never become high threat level.
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

Link to the test forum for Gadgets Stats Revamp

Gadgets Control & Damage Info

Might 10,290
    No league proficiency or Home Turf mods to allow for base damage conversion at some point.
    Damage role grants 10% damage boost. All damage was dealt in Typhons Monster Invasion open world monster due to consistent damage ranges & defense on targets. Pets damage scale with CR.

Powers boosted by Power Interaction damage receive 10% more damage. This # should be reflected below.

In Damage role, control effects are shorter and only work on NPCs with low Will Power.
    All power costs info from Penryn.

Offensive Powers
    DAZED P.I.
    Sticky Bomb
    • Damage Debuff
    • Dazes Enemies for 12 - 13 seconds
    • Low Cost 135
    • Stuns for 1 seconds
    • Stuns 8 targets
    • Delivers knockdown
    • Far Range (can even hit a target when you're just entering gray cross hairs)
    • 1 second animation & cool down
    • DAMAGE
      • Delivers 1 burst tick
      • 5438 - 5940 per tick
        • Average 5689
      • Stuns for 1 second
    Neural Neutralizer
    • Dazes enemies for 12 - 13 seconds
    • Medium Cost 270
    • Usable While Controlled
    • Stuns for 6 seconds
    • Stuns 8 targets
    • Melee Range 8 meters or less
    • Shield last 6 seconds & has damage cap of 4862 with 5692 dom & 7955 resto
    • Animation is 1.2 to 1.5 seconds (just cast any power to cancel the last .2 seconds of animation)
    • 18 second cool down
    • DAMAGE
      • Delivers 1 burst tick
      • 3381 - 3709 per tick
        • Average 3545
      • Stuns for 3 seconds
      • Total Damage Range is Doubled on 2+ targets
      • Damage Splits on 3 targets
    Paralyzing Dart
    • Heal Debuff
    • Additional Damage on Dazed targets
    • High Cost 450
    • Vulnerable to Interrupt
    • Stuns for 6 seconds
    • Stuns 1 target
    • Far Range (25 meters)
    • Brings out of Stealth
    • 1 second animation
    • 3 second cool down
    • DAMAGE
      • Delivers 1 burst tick
      • With no P.I. 11,311 - 12,482 per tick
        • Average 11,896
      • With P.I. 12,500 - 13,742 per tick
        • Average 13,121
      • Stuns for 3 seconds (DPS role)
      • Single target
    Vortex Cannon
    • Additional Damage on DAZED enemies
    • High Cost 450
    • Stuns for 6 seconds
    • Stuns 8 targets
    • Delivers a knockdown then stun
    • Midrange 13 to 12 meters
    • Animation is 1.2 to 1.5 seconds (just cast any power to cancel the last .2 seconds of animation)
    • 3 second cool down
    • DAMAGE
      • Delivers 1 burst tick
      • With no P.I. 9524 to 10,490 per tick
        • Average 10,007
      • With DAZED P.I. 10,313 - 11,442 per tick
        • Average 10,877
      • Knock Down & Stuns for 3 seconds
      • Cone AOE for damage is narrower compared to Live Server
    TERROR P.I.
    Fear Gas
    • Inflicts Terror (currently broken on test server & doesn't always occur)
    • Burning and Terrified take additional damage
    • Medium Cost
    • Stuns for 8 seconds
    • Stuns 8 targets
    • Far range
    • .5 to .7 cooldown after channeling is canceled or finished
    • 2 seconds of channeling
    • Can still be jump canceled but will CANCEL DoT & burst tick with Burning PI
    • DAMAGE
      • Delivers 12 ticks of Damage Over Time (currently bugged & delivers 2 even if you let channel at times)
      • With no P.I. 996 - 1084 /t
        • Total 11,952 - 13,008
        • Average 12,480
      • With TerrorP.I. 1038 - 1175 /t
        • Total 12,456 - 14,100
        • Average 13,278
      • With Burning P.I. you don't deal Damage Over Time
        • You deal 2 to 3 ticks of FG (which can be buffed with or without Terror P.I.)
        • If you allow the 2 second channeling to finish on a burning target you'll deal a burst tick of 9068 - 10,137 damage. Average 9602. This is balanced by canceling all DoTs when using the Burst P.I. Think of it as a reverse Explosive Damage mechanic.
      • Bug: currently unreliable on test with terror pi set up and sometimes does not register any damage on burning targets. Use Decoy or another tool to set up terror for now. Otherwise it would be considered a unique power.
    Cuff' em
    • Inflicts Terror
    • Low Cost 135
    • Accessible in Stealth Form ONLY
    • 18 second cool down
    • 12 second stun
    • Stun & Damage register at 5 - 7 meters
    • DAMAGE
      • Delivers burst tick
      • 5858 - 6364 /t
        • Average 6111
      • Stuns for 2 - 6 seconds in Damage role
      • Single Target
      • Benefit from using this from Stealth form gives 60% Crit Ability Chance boost
    Surprise Attack
    • Additional damage on Terrified enemies
    • High cost
    • Deals a knock down effect
    • Renders you visible from Stealth form
    • Hits enemies 7 to 8 meters away
    • 18 second cool down after the clock begins otherwise 19 seconds from start cast
    • DAMAGE
      • Delivers 1 burst tick
      • With No Pi 11,941 - 13,156 /t
        • Average 12,548
      • WIth Pi 13,139 - 14,420 /t
        • Average 13779
      • Damage tick registers 1 second after animation
      • Single Target (highest single target)
      • If you are caught & damaged by enemy, you do not register your damage
      • Benefits from using this from Stealth form gives 60% Crit Ability Chance boost
    BURNING P.I.
    Napalm Grenade
    • Heal Debuff
    • Inflicts Burning for 12 seconds
    • Low Cost 135
    • Stuns for 500 milliseconds
    • Stuns 8 targets
    • Max far range at gray crosshairs
    • 1 second cool down & animation
    • DAMAGE
      • Deals 5 ticks of Damage over time
      • 726 - 814 /t
        • Total 3630 - 4070
        • Average 3850
      • DoT will not stack & refreshes on last Grenade used
    Thermite Mine
    • Additional Damage on Burning targets
    • Low Cost 135
    • No Control effects in Controller role
    • Explodes after enemy contact, 3 minutes expire, or Self Destruct cast
    • 1 second cool down
    • 1.5 to 2 seconds channeling for Mine to appear
      • Do NOT jump cancel immediately after bar disappears
    • Once bar disappears after the "E" in "Mine," you can jump
    • DAMAGE
      • Deals 5 ticks of Damage Over Time
      • With no P.I. 835 - 902 /t
        • Total 4175 - 4510
        • Average 4342
      • With P.I. 907 - 979 /t
        • Total 4535 - 4895
        • Average 4715
      • Triggered when enemy gets in melee range to Mine
      • Will split damage on 3 or more targets
      • DoT will restart if there are multiple T-Mines & go register to the last mine blown & will not stack
      • Stuns for 500 milliseconds in Damage role
      • Benefit from using this power & powers from Stealth form is the 60% Crit Ability Chance boost
    ELECTRIFY P.I.
    Gauss Grenade
    • Defense Debuff
    • Electrifies enemies for 12 - 13 seconds
    • Medium Cost 135
    • Stuns 8 targets
    • Far range
    • 1 second animation & cool down
    • DAMAGE
      • Deals 1 burst tick
      • 6725 - 7375 /t
        • Average 7050
    Taser Pull
    • Electrifies enemies for 12 - 13 seconds
    • Low Cost 150
    • Damage Debuff (bad choice)
    • Pulls then Stuns target
    • Stuns for 6 seconds
    • Single Target damage and pull/stun
    • Far Range
    • Can still jump and pull for double distance
    • 1 second animation
    • 3 second cool down
    • DAMAGE
      • Deals 1 burst tick
      • 5715 - 6325 /t
        • Average 6020
      • Pulls & Stuns for 2 seconds
    EMP
    • Additional Damage on electrified enemies
    • High Cost 450
    • Stuns 8 targets
    • Midrange 13 to 12 meters
    • 1 to 1.2 second animation
    • 3 second cool down
    • DAMAGE
      • Delivers burst tick
      • With No P.I. 9716 - 10627 /t
        • Average 10,171
      • With P.I. 10,252 - 11,749 /t
        • Average 11,000
      • Damage tick registers about 1.5 to 2 seconds after casting just like on live
      • Can clip & still register damage
      • 360 degree AoE has a radius of about 13 to 17 meters
    Photon Blast
    • Additional Damage is dealt on Electrified or burning enemies
    • Medium Cost
    • Vulnerable to Interrupt
    • No control effects
    • Single target
    • 1 to 1.5 second channeling animation
    • 4 second cool down after channeling ends
    • DAMAGE
      • Channels 4 ticks of damage
        • Jump cancel at any point & all damage cancels either before or during channeling
      • With no P.I.
        • Over 35% Health 1992 - 2171 per tick = /t
          • Total 7968 - 8684
          • Average 8326
        • Under 35% Health 3898 - 4342 /t
          • Total 15,592 - 17,368
          • Average 16,480
      • With P.I.
        • Over 35% Health 2186 - 2353 /t
          • Total 8744 - 9412
          • Average 9078
        • Under 35% Health 4209 - 4759 /t
          • Total 16,836 - 19,036
          • Average 17,936
    Implosion Mine
    • Additional Damage on Electrified targets
    • Low Cost
    • Can Pull then Stuns targets for 500 milliseconds in both roles
    • Explodes after enemy contact, 3 minutes expire, or Self Destruct cast
    • 3 second cool down after Mine spawns
    • 1.5 to 2 seconds channeling for Mine to appear
      • Do NOT jump cancel immediately after bar disappears
    • DAMAGE
      • Deals 1 burst tick
      • With no P.I. 5505 - 6002 /t
        • Average 5753
      • With P.I. 6025 - 6585 /t
        • Average 6305
      • Triggered when enemy gets in melee range to Mine
      • Will split damage on 3 or more targets
      • On 1 or 2 targets, your damage will stack per mine
      • Benefit from using this power & powers from Stealth form is the 60% Crit Ability Chance boost
    • Like x 2
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

CRUSHED P.I.
    Stasis Field
    • Defense Debuff
    • Inflicts Crush
    • Low Cost 135
    • Encases 2 targets
    • Encasement last 6 seconds
    • Max Far range (possibly 30 meters)
    • 1 second animation
    • 3 second cool down
    • DAMAGE
      • Delivers 15 ticks Damage Over Time
      • Flat 90 damage per tick
        • Total 1350
      • Encases for 2 seconds
      • Single target in Damage Role
    FROSTBITE P.I.
    CryoField
    • Inflicts Frostbite
    • Medium Cost 270
    • Additional Damage is dealt on Frostbitten enemies
    • Frostbitten enemies become encased at the end of the primary Control effect
    • Stuns for 6 seconds
    • Stuns 8 Targets
    • Targets entering 360 degree Area of Effect are also stunned
    • 1 second animation (like Distract)
    • 6 second cool down
    • It's range is limited to where the player now places CryoField. It is no longer a mobile DoT Aura.
    • DAMAGE
      • Delivers 10 ticks of damage over time
      • With no P.I. 905 - 994 /t
        • Total 9050 - 9940
        • Average 9495
      • With P.I. 981 - 1084 /t
        • Total 9810 - 10840
        • Average 10,325
      • Roots in Damage Stance
      • 360 degree AoE has a radius of about 8 meters
    Gadgets Control Effects & Damage Info Part II

Might 10,290
    No league proficiency and no Home Turf mods to allow for base damage conversion at some point.
    Damage role grants 10% damage boost. All damage was dealt in Typhons Monster Invasion open world monster due to consistent damage ranges & defense on targets. Pets damage scale with CR.

Powers boosted by Power Interaction damage receive 10% more damage. This # should be reflected, or very closely reflected, below.

In Damage role, control effects are often shorter and will only work on NPCs with low Will Power.
    All power costs info is from Penryn & is being borrowed for now.

PET POWER P.I.
    Suppressor Turret
    • Passive Power Regen is reduced while it's out
    • Inflicts Burning & Electrifies
    • Cost 500
    • Control effects in controller role
    Applies stun grenade & stasis field which does encase
    • Damage abilities at 174 CR (Pets are CR based)
    Flamethrower deals 20% of the damage
    685 - 750 per tick ( /t = per tick)
    Average 717
    Stasis Field deals 1 - 2% of the damage
    106 - 116 /t
    Average 111
    Primary Attack deals 2% of the damage
    447 - 683 /t
    Average 565
    Stun grenade deals 9 - 13% of the damage
    393 - 606 /t
    Average 499
    Grenade deals 62 - 65% of the damage
    1189 - 1812 /t
    Average 1500
    • Self Destruct deals 44,920
    • Jump cancel Turret & cool down is 2 to 3 seconds
    Non Offensive (Direclty & Indirectly) Self Buff/ Supportive/ Defensive Powers
    Defibrillator
    • 3 second cool down
    • No damage buff
    • Delivers 1 burst power heal to 3 players excluding the caster (you)
    • Info not complete
    Stealth
    • Places you in another form that removes Power Over Time
    • Cost 135
    • Grants access to Cuff'em, Surprise Attack, Thermite & Implosion Mine from Stealth Tray
    • Few Powers still remain nonaccessible in Stealth form.
    • Renders you invisible and Stealthed to NPCs that are in combat and that are not in combat. Think of a clock. If you stand infront of a NPC between 10, 11, 12, 1 and 2 o lock, the NPC will see you and attack you. If you stay to the side of or behind of 2, 3, 4 all the way to 8, 9, 10 o clock, the NPC will not detect you. This allows you to get closer to use special Stealth powers.
    • 18 second cool down
    • In Stealth form you get
      • 50 Dodge
      • 50 Evasion
      • 60% Crit Ability Attack Chance
      • 60% Crit Weapon Attack Chance
    Distract
    • Usable While Controlled
    • Cost 135
    • Shield last for 6 seconds
    • 6 second immunity to enemy control effects
    • Damage Cap on Shield is 2504 with 5692 dom and 7955 Resto
    • 1 second animation
    • 18 second cool down
    Battle Display
    • 12 second cool down
    • Grants 33% Precision for 6 seconds
    • No longer has heal factor
    SUPERCHARGES
    Asphyxiation Gas
    • 50% supercharge
    • 30 second cool down
    • DAMAGE
      • Deals 5 ticks of Damage over time
        • 3902 - 4344 per tick
        • Total 19,510 - 21,720
        • Average 20,615
      • Stuns for 2 seconds in Damage stance
    Bunker Buster
    • 100% supercharge
    • 1 minute cool down
    • Control Effects
      • Stuns, Suppress, Root, & knock down
    • DAMAGE
      • Delivers 20 ticks of damage over time
      • 2537 - 2805 per tick
        • Total 51,740 - 56,100
        • Average 53,420
      • Stuns for 2 seconds in Damage role
    Battle Drone
    • 50% supercharge
    • No burst Power heal on the final tick
    • 30 second cool down
    • Stays out for 12 to 13 seconds
    • delivers 12 ticks of power scaling with your Vitalization
    • With 14,075 Vit, power ticks range from 202 to 216 power per tick
    • DAMAGE at 174 CR
      • Missile Barrage
        • 2860 - 2974 /t
        • Average 2917
        • Deals 14 to 41% of the damage
      • Primary Attack
        • 1048 - 1152 /t
        • Average 1100
        • Deals 58% to 85% of the damage
      • 8 seconds of combat can deal a total of 20,564 damage
      • 10 second of combat CAN deal 13,821 damage
      • 11 seconds of combat CAN deal 27,012 damage
      • 11 seconds of combat CAN deal 21,075 damage
      • All depend on combat activity & targets
    Anesthetic
    • 50% supercharge
    • 1 minute cool down
    • Heals for 7 seconds
      • 2 ticks per second
      • 12 ticks of heal over time
        • 681 - 748 /t
          • with 7974 Resto & 98 Dom
        • 48 - 53 Health Base
    POWER INTERACTIONS
    We set up 6 power interactions
    2 set up Daze
    1 sets up Burning
    2 set up Terror (1 from within stealth tray)
    2 set up Electrify
    1 sets up Crush
    1 sets up Frostbite

We take advantage of 5 power interactions for 10% more damage
    2 benefits from Daze
    2 benefit from Burning (1 from within stealth)
    2 benefit from Terror (1 from within stealth tray)
    3 benefit from electrified (1 from within stealth)
    1 benefits from frostbite

I excluded burning and electrify set up from the turret for now

OVERVIEW OF POWER COSTS
    High Power Cost
    • Stealth: Surprise Attack
    • Paralyzing Dart
    • EMP Pulse
    • Suppressor Turret
    • Vortex Cannon
    Medium Power Cost
    • Battle Display
    • Cryo-field
    • Fear Gas
    • Gauss Grenade
    • Neural Neutralizer
    • Holographic Decoy
    • Photon Blast
    Low Power Cost
    • Cuff 'em
    • Implosion Mine
    • Stealth
    • Thermite Mine
    • Defibrillator
    • Taser Pull
    • Distract
    • Napalm Grenade
    • Stasis Field
    • Sticky Bomb
    No Power Cost
    • Self-Destruct Signal

For Power interaction durations on frostbite and terror (possibly others) I can't confirm their duration 100% since my pc runs on low setting. So i'll try to get the exact timing on how long each of some powers PI lasts for.

I'm still working on more samples for Bunker and AGas. I'm also missing Anesthetic for now. I'll be working on finishing info on Stealth powers too. Once I finish this list I'll put it on test server for devs. Right now it's here so I can edit this since you can't do that on test server forum after 30 minutes.

The spec & info on how I tested is above. By excluding % bonuses for damage, i'll be able to get base numbers if the devs answer a few questions before I move to that stage. It's to check for relevancy on the old formula for the new changes.

For players who don't know what to look at, what you do is you look at the power costs and cool downs. Then look at the damage range (and for most of them I put an average so it's just 1 number to look at if you want direct info). You compare the damage, power costs, cool downs, and if it's a Damage Over Time power, you factor in length of time. You can also factor in set up time. delay in damage registration from the new EMP, Sticky Bomb & surprise attack.

Unless another poster has the same, or very similar, might and excludes % bones, you cannot compare these numbers with other reports from powersets. My tests favor comparison of damage within Gadgets itself.

There are definitely bugs I ran into. Fear Gas had some but if Fear Gas actually a unique power when involving Power Interactions. It's burst damage concept was kept but just reversed and buffed. You need to channel for 2 seconds and have it end for the burst damage to execute on burning targets. Its terror PI and damage on burning targets even if you channel for the complete 2 seconds does not always register. It no longer grants reduced damage if you jump cancel but completely cancels all damage if you jump cancel. Recap of burning burst, channel for 2 seconds for it. Channel for complete 2 seconds for Fear Gas Damage Over Time ticks.

Also the Vortex Cannon is misleading. It does not deal additional damage on electrified targets. It applies additional damage on Dazed targets.

Gauss grenade misses it's target even if you stand infront of it. Penryn also reported this. The electrified PI appears & CC registers but not the damage.

Paralyzing Dart's animation of smoke appears on me when I throw it instead of the target at a distance.

Also for Controlling in content, it's going to be similar to what power reports were on the scorecard when 2 Controllers were used. The Controller with the PoT innate active, among other factors, should surpass the 2second or third controller. I'll give more detail on this at some point. There's going to be confusion as to how to understand power healing, scorecard and spec. I did & have info with 2 trolls favoring high Vit spec (some power) & supercharge regenpower & high supercharge weapon combo builder with constant cycling.

Ultimately, if you want credible feed back on which set up (1,2or 3 trolls), which spec (vit/power), or which player style works "best", you need to observe every players power consumption, power management, their mastery/playstyle of their DPS in the new system, possible weapon use, supply drop cycling and even competence level. These factors can make ridiculous specs look passable but do not be fooled. Even raid difficulty & mechanics factor in. That's why stress tests are important too.
    • Like x 3
  11. The Game Well-Known Player

I honestly don't know how I feel about the changes...pdart is no longer viable as a range dps move among other things you already posted.

Is there only three powers with debuffs now? GG was always the power I used for debuff.
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

Each debuff type still has 2 power options. Gauss is still one of the defense debuffs.
  13. loupblanc Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

When I asked Spord about the rationale for mid range abilities, he said they are to have a wider cone. Sounds like something to fight door with Vortex Cannon. However I'm finding that as many constraints they've put on individual abilities, they always have exceptional why one is the way it is.
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea I know.

I haven't noticed what that is for Vortex yet. It's about the same as emp damage wise minus a little on damage range numbers. I don't remember if I said that on the test forum. I also need to come up with a chart or better way to organize the above. I'm thinking arranging by power costs or inflicting PIs.
  16. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I hope the broken powers will be fixed in the next two days. I still had a lot of fun playing DPS so far but the options are kind of limited still.
    My stats were 10k Might, 11k Prec, 35k Power with 170 SP, VIII gear mods and v6.2 generator mods. I grabbed 1H Mastery (for the damage bonus alone), Reserve Tank and Replenishing Adapter for a quick clipping build.

My rotations were:
    Solo: Holo Decoy c/ Battle Display -> [ Spin Chop c/ Sticky Bomb c/ Turret jc/ Napalm -> Spin Chop c/ Sticky ] repeat until Decoy and Display were off cooldown, Stealth -> BB or Stealth -> AG (I carried both) clipped in whenever ready

Duo/Alert with a Troll: Same as above but with Cryo Field instead of Napalm

I felt like I was doing decent damage and enjoyed the clipping. Can't really imagine yet getting that to work with Explosive Shot but it's doable with HB Solar Flame or 2H Big Scoop definitely. However I don't really like using Sticky because of the delayed burst that btw you forgot here Dark (along with NN):
    Now I hope they either make Gauss Grenade like PDart or instead open up Thermite Mine for regular loadouts so I can use one of those as my go-to burst. Thermite Mine obviously would make it harder to get the Turret clip in there because of its own cast time.
  17. The Game Well-Known Player

Has reserve tank been fixed that you decided to use it?
  18. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I don't know to be honest, and I wouldn't have noticed it anyway since we only ran an alert and I had the largest Power pool of the group.
  19. TheDark Devoted Player

There were a few times players claimed the actual mod was broken but it never was. There was a problem with the way the Instant Power Heal transferred power to the 3 lowest players numerically on their power bar. Are you talking about players saying it register power or are you talking about another one?
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

I was looking forward to a combo with CryoField clipped with Intimidation (which has to be Battle Display). I also choose 1H Spin chop b/c I used to use it for melee but I wont feel comfortable with it until I compare it with other weapon combos. That always takes a while b/c there are so many which makes me hate weapons testing. I wanted to do SPin Chop then Gass while CryoField was going on because of the interaction Cryo and Gauss have on live but Field doesn't work with other powers. I wanted to see different PIs work with other burst attacks. I also don't like Gauss then EMP because of the delay in damage. Sticky has it but I'm use to it becuse of the animation. I think Surprise attack also has 1 second delay and obviously longer if lag.

Right now I'm I finished most CC and individual power testing. The damage combos with powers I did was just to build supercharge while I was testing them so these werent done in raids settings but even Battle Display clip with something like Gauss Foam or EMP felt sluggish because I couldn't regularly use it. The turret for clipping is something I'll use as plan B but I want to take advantage of something else that could be useful. I waiting for them to revamp the Iconic and movment powers so I can check those. I want something legit and non cheesy with consumable channeling clips.

What other weapon combos have you used so far? The other thing I started a page of notes on was damage and supercharge points from some combos. I checked out Bow explosive shot, flurry, arrow storm, ma shuriken storm, heavy shuriken, and enechanced shuri master, 1h spin chop flip slash and hold range so far. I wanted something for cosmetic then something effective. The actual timing and D.P.S. I wont do for sometime. I also looked at their power restored too from my power tab but didn't record those yet.

There's alot to look at on every front lol. I start classes again this semester so we'll see how testing goes. There's also the event style feats I have to finish. It's an interesting period for a tester but I'm hoping they choose to revert or cancel something so there's less to look at.

Oh by the way, Thermite mine isn't burst anymore on test. They changed it to a DoT and it doesn't stack damage. If we want a burst mine, Implosion Mine is now it. So if anyone on the test forum is requesting for it to go onthe normal tray because it's burst, they want implosion. I said the same thing until I realized after my tests that they converted it completely.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.