The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Wtf are you talking about? I said old school clipping is about skill, and this new "super clip" isn't. I didn't disrespect anyone, i told the truth. It's nothing no one can tell me about gadgets, i've been gadgets since 1-11-11. I remember when deadpool ran the guide, then milkman, and now dark. Gadgets ain't never been a bottom dps, even when most thought it was. My point is the glitch players using will cause a fix that won't be good looking at the pet am fix that the devs released.
    • Like x 1
  2. SpecEU New Player

You tell me, you called it "old school glitching" in your post. Aint no difference between whats been done with Dervish or PDodge and whats done now. yh the skillcap was higher but dont dissmiss what people do now, its like the last memories of those old school days. Its still the same thing, abusing or "making clever use" of game mechanics.

As far as the fix, devs have most of the information they need, including visuals, to fix this since Dec 2014 iirc. All powersets are affected by that bug except maybe HL and Celestial. The irony is that it looks like the fix to jump cancelling in GU36 with the standardized 1s animations for superpowers is the starting point of this bug.

Sry if i got heated, but Gadgets has nothing to worry about, and if it does then every other powerset better worry too.
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Whirling dervish didn't work like the clipping that is used now until right before it was nerfed. Before the devs broke it players was clipping it with pd or a weapon enhancement buff, it worked like how gadget players who are glitching use the glitch clip like a month before it was nerfed.

Gadget users do have something to worry about, look at the fix to pet am the devs released. Other powers will be ok, because the glitch is alot more potent on the pi am than the other powers
    • Like x 1
  4. DonkeyCat New Player

So I'm a 131 might based gadgets. Kinda tired of it. Is it worth it to go precision based and change loadouts? Is there a good precision based loadout too?
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

Not really for prolonged fights.

WM precision damage mixed with might damage at 131 is still viable. Especially in the hallways of something like the Bombshell raid.
  6. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Assuming this doesn't include JC, will this have any other impact apart from fixing the superclip? I didn't extend my membership so I can't hop on Test now to see but I have the feeling that something else got broken with this fix.
  7. Veritech Loyal Player

I'm glad something's been done about the exploiters, but I am also wondering if this has affected legit rotations in any way. I'll check it out on test as soon as I can.
  8. TheDark Devoted Player

The rotations I used were not bugged. I was just on test server and I didn't notice anything that restricted my movement or rotation when canceling any Fear Gas channeling on the keyboard. I also didn't notice anything preventing me from maneuvering when I cast a power, play the animation and jump to move while in animation.

Also, Sticky Bomb is still untouched.
    • Like x 2
  9. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

And EMP Pulse is still EM Pulse Pulse :rolleyes: Sometimes I wonder if they overlook this stuff on purpose, it really shouldn't be hard or take long to fix.
  10. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Do you see wat u fools have done because you brought the clip to the forums now it got fixed hope ur all happy mainstream dpsing again lol
  11. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Superclipping made dpsing fun again
  12. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Devs the skill in the game needs to return seriously there Shouldnt easy way to dps because then u have players that arnt gud doing decent dmg
  13. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I put it all in one post to keep it simple
    • Like x 3
  14. TheDark Devoted Player

lol

People really should learn what the rules of clipping are before they go ranting.
    • Like x 4
  15. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Its an exploit , not all powers benefit from this. Also you'll figure out another exploit your convey lol
  16. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

One quick question. I hate JC as I have enough to worry about with some of the crazy mechanics they are implementing, like reflections and stuff. What is a good loadout for those of use who do not want to jump cancel.
  17. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Just replace FG by anything else and keep the rest the same, it really doesn't make much of a difference which powers you use for the 3PI setup (assuming AM as WM is obviously far behind when not exploiting Sticky Bomb). I've been using variations of Gauss-Vortex-Napalm-Distract-Display-EMP, sometimes throwing Stealth in there or adjusting for range, single target etc.
  18. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

So exactly what is wrong with Sticky bomb. When I was Gadget last time it would not hit properly as in it did not hit all targets. Is that the same issue or is it something new?
  19. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

It splits after 3 instead of the standard 2 so it does more damage than intended.
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Ok. So few Gadget Controllers. Time to build mine up.

Is taser pull better than sticky bomb?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.