The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

mb
  2. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

It sounds like 1 of my older loadouts its making a comeback after 8 months lol. Im glad to see the gadgets team still thriving. Alot has changed since then
  3. Philosophicles Well-Known Player

Haha I just realized from my signature how long its been... back when 111 was a formidable cr XD
  4. TheFlying Grayson Well-Known Player

So I've been noticing that when I'm controlling in boss fights, my Staff-Rifle WM stops working and boss becomes immune pretty early on, and then I have to wait until the counter resets for me to start doing damage again.

Is there any way around this happening?
    OR
    What's the best way to stall while I'm waiting for the counter to reset?
  5. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

If you talk about the "Immune" that pops up when you hit the boss, that just means that he is immune to the control effect you are using (knockback in the case of Staff-Mortar WM). If you actually stop doing damage to the boss then that has nothing to do with your WM combo and is probably a mechanic of the fight.
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

What specific boss are you talking about? In a duo? Raid bosses can't be controlled but they can be combat countered.
  7. TheFlying Grayson Well-Known Player

Aha - that's what I was seeing so thx for clearing that up

I noticed it most on the Mantis fight in Security Breach, though doing low dmg was probably because the shield nullifier wasn't in range
  8. Veritech Loyal Player

I find it funny that every time gadgets gets mentioned in the Gotham thread as doing good damage atm, people automatically assume it's because we all exploit. Smh
    • Like x 1
  9. SiiCK1 New Player

This is so true. I have people sending me tells in raids asking me what my L/O is or am I using the S.clip. I will say that, I'm doing way better damage now that I've read this guide and asked Dark for some tips. Thanks Dark!
    • Like x 2
  10. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

I got kicked from a raid for being 26 mill over a 131 ice dps tht switched to gadgets mid raid and not telling him my loadout or how to clip :( so be careful out there they hate us right now
  11. OzzyR New Player

Hi, I'm kind of a returning player and I want to ask something about gadget AM. When I do my 3 PIs + EMP rotation, I noticed that if one of my PIs doesn't hit the target, EMP only does small damage. Let's say I used GG, CF and SB + EMP. CF and SB hit the target but GG didn't. In this case, AM doesn't occur.

Has it always been this way from the beginning or they changed it recently? Because, I've been playing the game for a month after a long break and I only noticed this 4-5 days ago. Maybe, I wasn't careful enough, so I missed it. That's why I wanna ask you about this, just to be sure.

Note: I know which power interactions that I should use for EMP. Also, I didn't have any problem using EMP after distract or unstealth.
  12. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

It was always like that with Gadgets AM, to get the EMP burst and keep Awareness going you need to hit a target.
    However it seems to me that the hit/miss calculation occurs when you trigger the power, not when it actually impacts, meaning that if your GG misses due to the target moving (or GG general bugginess) it still counts if it would have hit otherwise. I'm not 100% sure about this since I only switched back to Gadgets a few weeks ago and didn't pay much attention to this in particular. I think I never had a problem with GG misses and EMP and I've been running GG a lot (and missed with it a lot).
    I'm willing to bet TheDark has more insight to this ;)

I'll keep an eye on it next time I do some 1234.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

As stated above, it's always been like that. Most often, if you throw GG in a spot where the NPC is and the NPC moves (due to something like a tank's pull) GG will register and tag you. Just like Mayhem mentioned aboved. I checked it. Sometimes the target has to be hit with PI especially if it moves by itself and not with a group. If you throw Gauss into an area where there is an add, and that add moves out quickly (it's usually rapid movements that prevent Gauss from hitting) so GG doesn't register it as being there then you won't get tagged. If you're running T7 content, it happens most often with Maniacs who charge out of the way. Sometimes Gauss can "curve" slightly and still miss if the target moves too fast. Same thing happens with Napalm and a few times with Sticky Bomb.

I usually lock on to targets and just move right or left with the D-Pad to make sure Gauss is hitting stationary targets. It helps to know what NPCs perform specific attacks in general.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheDark Devoted Player

I understand the Devs have this design to have easy to use powersets, and Ice is definitely one of them, but when an Ice person switches over and starts using Gadgets AM they tend to have trouble from what I've seen. Probably same with Fire. With those you have the automatic mobility and it's just straight forward. Anyone can do it especially if you have awareness in raids.

Gadgets requires you must have raid awareness, understand the tagging mechanic, know how to be mobile, and know where 12.5 meters is. Along with knowing when to switch to what powers for raid fights. A majority of the time when I got into debates with Ice or Fire users in the past in half PUG runs I dismissed them because they didn't understand any, or just 1, of the above. This is aside from them not knowing how to read a scorecard which few actually know how to do. It still amazes me how one can think just because they can use a commonly known easy to use AM that they're automatically qualified to make judgement and think they can use another AM just as easy and not put in work.
    • Like x 2
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

Yup.
  16. OzzyR New Player

Thank you Crimson and TheDark for your answers and explanation.
    • Like x 1
  17. DT Poison New Player

I agree it is a glitch any power doing it should be fixed yes I just don't want gadgets to get broken again. I know how to do the glitch as well but I refuse to use it its dumb these kid dps's now days don't realize that glitching just shows how Little skill and knowledge they have of how to dps. If u need to cheat to do good DMG then u just suck.
  18. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I ran a few more instances with plenty of GG misses. Most of the time I did get the EMP burst provided the target was in range when I cast GG. When I missed because of the target moving behind me right in that moment, I didn't get the tag. I think it's safe to say that ballistics based misses trigger the AM tag while area/range based misses don't.
  19. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm looking at a few things. One thing I'm going to mention is that I got confirmation from Tunso by someone that Power Regen through the Advance Mechanic is not based on Vitalization or Power crits. I do not think it's based on power pool size because that would then lead to a surplus in power returned on the abilities that are cheaper to cast. My guess is that the powers that benefit from regen in the AM's are based on individual power costs. Power costs increase with each piece of newly attained gear if I remember right (higher item levels).

So you do not have to mod with Vit & Might. You can use Might & Power.
    • Like x 1
  20. Veritech Loyal Player

Yea that's what we got told when Tunso introduced the regen for Earth & Sorc during gu47 (as an afterthought at that!) The regen is based off of a % of the power's cost, returned over a 12sec period.

Gadgets is lucky that we get return off of each power used while BaD is active, instead of the limited options other powers have;

• Pet powers only regen from the first 2 powers used after Fortify/Offering.
    •Electricity only gets regen from certain powers in the trees, limiting options for loadouts while running without a troller.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.