The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDark Devoted Player

Do you remember where the link is for him saying it's based off % of power cost? I just want to see it the thread discussion.
  2. Veritech Loyal Player

Here you go, couldn't find the post about the regen duration though. Skimming that thread brought back bitter memories of the 11th hour nerf haha.
    GU47: Pet changes for Earth and Sorcery
    • Like x 1
  3. SpecEU New Player

Uh oh, the clipping bug has been found from what i can see. :D

2 things:

1: People jumping to get the clipping right are *** and have no clue what they're doing.
    2: This bug was shown on this very thread like 10 months ago.

Good to see that the devs are on it. I knew back then that this would take a lot of work to fix and i hope they can fix it without too much trouble.

This was pre-GU36 DCUO's last stand. Good old ******* times man...

For my part i stopped playing the game and i wish my fellow Gadget players all the fun in the world. Ill end up just like the first time i posted on the forums by thanking TheDark and all the others Gadget Godfathers.

I learned an awful lot coming to this thread, shoutouts to Penryn, Devil, Rokyn, Philos and many other hard working theorycrafters for making me a much better player. As for TheDark, keep you spirit up man, your work here is invaluable, im really happy to see that you're a lot more involved with the Devs nowadays, that should have happened earlier.

Thank You All.
    • Like x 2
  4. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Way back when I first posted tht vid I took it down tht day plp figured it out it's not only gadgets
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea, some people saw it that day it was up. But it wasn't until recently that some YouTube kids blew it up for attention. So now more people know about it. I think that day we were just able to confine it, and the discussion, to this thread.
  6. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Yea I hope it dosent effect the gadgets community in a negative way, plp are already jumping all over the power set because of it. but it's not only gadgets it works for :(
  7. SpecEU New Player

Yh it was you who posted the vid, didnt wanted to put ur name out like that. It was sick no doubt but you should have kept it to yourself. And you choose this thread out of all, Gadgets players shot themselves in the foot many times by fixing beneficial bugs, this one could not fly. :D
  8. TheDark Devoted Player

Someone asked Tunso about what regen is based off of and he confirmed it's based on total power pool.

Tunso said:
    “Regeneration is a % of the pool per tick, so total Power pool.”
    • Like x 1
  9. ShadoRaven Well-Known Player

Just recently came back to my first and favorite power gadgets after being mental for awhile, and had to look up this so called "super clip" I kept hearing about (mainly just to make sure I wasn't doing it unintentionally). While I see what they're doing, and where the glitching comes in, I had a question about something else I saw a few people doing. Is clipping with Battle Display considered a legit clip, or is that also part of the glitching?
  10. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

cliping a power like cryo foam with bd is intended.
    cliping a power like bd with a power like stasis field is not intended.
  11. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

at the time i really honestly dident see anything wrong with it . but now its getting to much hype and this influx of new gadgets plp acting like they came up with something awsome, when actual gadgets players new about it a few days after the orignal revamp
  12. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

oh and i think this clip should stay in game, it reminds me of the old days when plp who could clip where kings. i miss that game play.
  13. ShadoRaven Well-Known Player

Thanks for the reply.
  14. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

nvm
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Looking at how the devs fixed the pet respawn glitch, gadget users beware. Fyi the gadget glitch is nothing like old school glitching, the glitch make regular powers work like beneficial powers. Old school clipping was about skill not glitches
    • Like x 1
  16. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Beware ? Gadgets is not the only power set tht animation bug works with smh
  17. Veritech Loyal Player

Yes beware, because videos such as the one you posted 90min ago and later removed only serve to damage the powerset for those that use it properly. Don't try and justify it by saying "but he can do it too". Smh
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

What do that have to do with my post? Gadgets not the only power no, but what other power is it more potent on or that players are complaining about? Yes beware, because the fix won't be pretty. Don't tell on yourself my dude
  19. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Huh when I posted tht same vid almost a year ago noone cared ?
  20. SpecEU New Player

Please dont come in here with that "it's about skill not glitching", this is the Gadgets thread, aint nothing BUT skill in this thread. Go read about skillfull people coming up with tech when other powersets with the same tools are clueless about them. Thats huge disrespect to players like myself who, back then, spent hours and hours hitting sparring targets on my sorry *** PS3 because of a still-running bug preventing PS3 users from using Stealth outside of the league hall. Thats how i found tech that i had to fix MYSELF when some holy Youtuber went public with it. Thats how the Philbidden combo got found and fixed. Apocalypse posted that vid 10 months ago, i looked at it, got mind****ed, went on to reproduce it and reported it, he might curse at me but thats how it goes in this thread and i know for a fact that he doesnt need that type of glitch to be a good player.

Oh what im doing is not intended ?
    Were not sure, let Dark ask the devs if it is intended or not.
    Devs says it is not intended ? Ok lets get this fixed.

Thats how it worked since i joined the forums, if people on this thread werent fair players, Gadgets would have never been contested as the top dps powerset in the game since the day it was revamped. Tell me if you want a list of all the beneficial bugs that we have fixed. I was hitting 30k Darts last year, did you ever see a 30k Dart pre GU47 ? I dont think so.

Thank god this didnt went public when Quantum was on top... 4.5 powers Time Bomb cycles :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.