The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamrockcrowned New Player

Guys, what's your personal troller loadout when using the bow and acrobatic movement. I'm about to reach lvl 30 with my alt and would like some advice from the pros. Can you also say why you chose a specific power over another. Thnx
  2. KiLL ORDER New Player

DArk I remember you from the JUSTICE server. Are you still running solo? ie leagueless??
  3. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

I think for gadgeteer trolling you must have several abilities: first - something for PoT like taser pull or sticky bomb. First inflicts less damage, don't has AOE, has more cast time but applies electrify, second inflicts more damage, has AOE, requires less time to cast, but not electrifies target. It's for your chioce. Necessarily defibrilate, power SC (usually power drain, but this is for speedsters you're not) - so word of power (it also electrifies). Necessarily defence debuff - so gauss grenade. Other two... as you ranged - napalm grenade & fear gas or cryo foam/field & fear gas. Maybe this is good, although i'm not troller & not gadgeteer.:)
  4. TrueMarvel New Player

How'd you get the thread name changed?
  5. Sgt Forge New Player

Here's mine( I use rifle)

Basic Loadout
    1.) Sticky bomb - delivers power over time to the group. Subject to LoS.
    2.) Gauss Grenade - put a defense debuff on the enemy, lowering their defense by ~7%. Subject to LoS.
    3.) Distract - removes aggro and prevents damage for a short time. Is a great power to pick up a fallen teammate.
    4.) Defibrillator - Provides insta-power to the lowest three power teammates. Can be used for animation cancellation. Is subject to LoS.
    5.) Word of Power (or Speed drain) - 50 % Supercharge power providing a large amount of insta power to the entire group. Used in those SHTF moments.
    6.) Intimidation - Provides 15 sec of increased damage and stun/knockdown on enemies. Used just before you plan on performing an extended combo to regenerate your own power to get that extra kick of damage.
    Note: Many controllers use Vortex cannon in place of Intimidation, since that will place a damage debuff on the enemy. Try both and see which you prefer!

Stickybomb -> Gauss -> Intim/Vor -> Defib -> weapon attacks until:
    1.) Defib required for group power, or,
    3.) Intim needs to be reset, or,
    4.) PoT needs to be reset.

This continues through the raid, using Distract or WoP and your trinket as needed.
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

I found Bow's Arrow Storm and Flurry Shot really good for weapon combo build up. That means you'll generate power to yourself faster because you can reach a new tier faster. There are other weapons that are good for that too. I just stick with bow because I'm used to it and I like the single target stun with flurry shot + Intimidation. Above that, I like Bow's single target juggle with Trick Shot.

I really like Acro and I'm going to go back to it some day. I don't like that you have to put 2 skill points to have vertical and horizontal use of the grappling hook. I have enough to not care about it much now. Even though we have Taser Pull as a built in pull, I rarely use it. I always used the grapple line pull + joker jet pack to pull targets when needed. I use an outside pull because using taser pull delays the PoT ticks to everyone in the group. Sure I can keep it synced and prevent that. But if I need to pull something right away and consecutively I want to do it when I want to and not have the team suffer for it (unless you have a SD/WoP ready). Otherwise you can ignore that pull and stick with TP.

I used to use Backflip but I don't remember anything that sticks out. One power I did run with in my wildcard power slot was Throwing Knives. It knocks down, i think, 3 targets and has far range on it. farther than Vortex Cannon. I also remember it having a wide cone AoE. turning a corner or having NPC's down a corridor (fos2) and popping this gives the team (& melee Damage players) time to get in there without taking a hit to kill them. It's quick though.

The zipping around with the grapple is fun and quick but has some down sides. In open world, unless you're near a building to climb, you're doomed if you're being chased by a mob of villains. I'm sure there's stuff I missed.
  7. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea that was my server. I'm currently in On Point.
  8. TheDark Devoted Player

I hacked it for Shady.

Or I asked Mepps for a favor.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lyko New Player

Hey, guys.
    I've been a gadget Troller since I first got onto the game back when it went FTP.
    I took a break for a while but now I've come back to the game and have made some decent progress over the past 3 months.

I've been following this guide for a long time now, but I seem to be getting stuck a lot recently.
    One of which being my damage output. I'm always a focused Troller, I try to keep up with the team but I've also been trying to come in atleast second place on damage output. I keep hearing that trollers are good back-ups on damage because they suffer no penalties, so I've been trying to push my damage up while still maintaining a high power output.

Bow and pistols have become my favorite ranged weapons so far,
    Martial Arts and Staff being my favorite melee. But I see that some of you favor the single sword.
    My first question is, would it be useful in the controller stance?

My second would be, how could I push my damage up and become more of a threat combat wise and still maintain a strong power out?
    Last time I ran dual pistols, I barely hit 90k damage in Wayward. Which seems low to me.
    When I ran with pistols, I also struggled terribly with the t4 solos.

So I've gone back to MA, because I feel too weak without it.
    Is ranged strictly support? Or is there a way I can adapt and become just as strong as I am with MA?

My load out is:
    -Sticky Bomb
    -WoP / CryoFoam
    -Distract
    -Defibrillator
    -Intimidation
    -Gauss Grenade.

I appreciate any tips you guys give me, and I apologize for the big post! D:
  10. TrueMarvel New Player

[IMG]
  11. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea we don't suffer a natural damage penalty. A healer or tank won't either with Core Strength but we're still at an advantage since it'll just give us a 10% damage increase. I can go on on why we'll do more efficient damage than both but it'll just kill the conversation with the whole DPS approach with one of them.

One way to keep dealing damage while powering the is to always clip whatever you do with a Defib. You fulfill both duties. That clip lets you get back to weapon combos/debuff & attacks(which CC by default). A gadget controller can move at a faster pace. Just try not to always clip with Debif if everyone is at full power or if it's just one person who needs it. PoT can fill the rest of the bar up if they're close to full.

Bow & Pistol are pretty good for generating power to yourself. I'm not to sure of the damage off of pistols or hand blasters though. Don't take what I say as the truth but I don't feel pistols deals good damage.

What would be useful in control stance? the sword or MA & staff? I prefer one hand because of melee flurry. It builds up the combo fast and i like the speed+stun+damage. When I tried melee MA it just felt slow to me because I wasn't building the combo fast enough. The range shuriken is ok for that. For me, its just slower than what I'm used to. I never tried staff in controller stance. I'm slow with it as is on DPS so i'm not going to use it right now in controller stance. I see it as if the weapon combo build up is fast, use it. The pace of the damage players you play with might affect which one you use too.

Range isn't strictly support. It's just some players prefer it for the safety and the easy access to hit a target from one spot. Sometimes I can't run melee if i'm with DPS who kill targets in 2 shots. That's because they just get there to quick and I can't build up any combos. Range can do that. As a controller you do have the shield strength to protect you and the CC effects to stop NPC's from hitting you. You can do it. I really think it depends if you can squeeze in there. Sometimes I can't. I'll lunge into air becuase of the bloody DPS.

What are you modded with in your yellow sockets and rings?

The 3 slots I can see you working with is where you keep WoP/Cryofoam, Intimidation and Distract. First, get a consumable shield (PDFIV). Distract works but I found that when I melee (and if the tank and I communicate) I can just switch in NN. NN cost more power though but the cool down is shorter (10 seconds) than Distract (20seconds). NN also has a damage component. Distract doesn't. 2 shields already and the tank can just cast a power to gain aggro when I need him to. Distract is still good though so think about it. If you need to pick up someone there are other ways to do without it.
    I noticed I did always have high numbers with CField. Have you though about using CryoField in with your melee?
    Unless the group can deal with one controller carrying WoP/SD you can use Foam/FG/Field. Foam does more damage than FG and you can clip that with Defib. You still have to jump to cancel FG. All are DoT so you don't have to worry about them for a little bit.
    With melee, you definitely need a shield so that has to be in your load out. I've noticed that when I stick to bow and range I can just fit in more damage powers and remove Distract because I'm less likely to take hits. PDFIV is enough there.

I don't mind long post and I can't complain about them because I practically punch out essays.
  12. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

It was implied. I mentioned the cooldown several times. It's practically common knowledge that Field does more damage primarily because of it's longer cool down. And also it's AoE.
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

W/e, still not directly stated. I've mentioned it's a 360 AoE DoT. Also, not that people even know the ticks themselves are the same.
  14. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

Whatever jibs your jelly, champ.
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

Kisses
  16. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

Muahhhhhhh.... *bats eyes*
  17. Jamrockcrowned New Player

Great thnx for the tips
  18. Jamrockcrowned New Player

Appreciate it!
  19. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Usually I'm a debuff controller, that said Distract is a nice ability to allow yourself space to revive fallen allies. Never heard of using Intimidation on a controller loadout though, it's a must in DPS stance. That is an interesting idea that it helps with power regen while increasing your chance to stun enemies. I'll have to try it out for myself.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea since you're generating power back through weapon combo build up and not doing much of anything else in this period, Intimidation adds might damage when the random PROC triggers. Also when it PROCs, not only are you getting in a weapon CC effect but you get a power CC effect on that PROC. think of it as sort of a single target perma stun on a NPC.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.