The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueMarvel New Player

Trust me. Melee'ing tala equals broken gear. First Hand Experience.
    • Like x 1
  2. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

My DPS loadout is as followed: Napalm Grenade, Cryofield, Suppressor Turret (Vortex Cannon, depending on the instance I am in), Bunker Buster, Photon Blast, Intimidation.

I find this loadout to be extremely useful as a melee-DPS. Napalm Grenade is very nicely clippable with the combos in Martial Arts, plus that Smoke Bomb from the weapon skill tree can crit. for over 5k in damage. If you time it right clipping Smoke Bomb with Napalm Grenade adds a nice burning tick to top it off. Pop cryofield and use Intimidation to cancel the previous animation in order to boost up your Might, this will help you cause additional damage to enemies around you even if you're not directly attacking them. It's a small area of effect but useful nonetheless, also works well with setting up PIs. I usually have the Suppressor Turret roaming around to set up PIs for my teammates. Bunker Buster is a nice supercharge, and combine it with Orbital Strike with Boost II makes for a nice boss burner especially when you use both of your 50% charges. Photon Blast is a great finisher, don't let anyone tell you differently, I have seen 2-3k in criticals with this attack CONSECUTIVELY if you got intimidation popped and maybe a CC trinket as well, it's saved lives in raids before that I have been in. Vortex Cannon I primarily use for PvP, it's a great stun/knockback and sometimes it can root another player in place so my allies can burn him down quicker.
    • Like x 2
  3. Gadget*Switch New Player

Small tip for the DPS Class. although Gadgets can't blow up encasements you can still use GG to go through thought bubble or stasis field or entrap. for ice encasements use sticky bomb & I think you can still deal damage over time with cryo field.
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea cryofield DoT ticks by pass the ice encasements.
  5. Shadowcide Well-Known Player

Tip for all the Gadget dps out there especially if your melee, as it stands now with players being way overgeared for the content theres almost no use for Dots because adds will die long before they run there course if your running with a half decent dps, resulting in a waste of power and constantly needing to reset your dots. a loadout id reccomend to start w/ would be Intim, NG/GG, Cryo field, BB, PB, the last spot if ur super speed use whirling dervish and if not consider a distract to help mitigate damage or pick up teamates. a decent rotation would be keep intim and cryo up at all times and alternate NG/GG with WD to clip weapon combos use PB and BB in the right situations (boss fights, and "oh crap" moments)
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

Almost being the key word. Field and WD are DoTs. Burst damage on mobs of NpCs in t2 or even t3 gets you quicker damage registration. Clip spin shop or smash down ward with a burst attack will cover it.

There are NPcs where applying DoTs work. A players pace and goal factor in whether or not they want to use it.
  7. Shadowcide Well-Known Player

i personally dont consider field to be a dot since once you move it will travel with you applying damage to the new target without having to recast
  8. TheDark Devoted Player

DoT means damage over time. Which is what field and WD are and do. Not trying to be rude but calling it what it is.
  9. Shadowcide Well-Known Player

i know what Dot means lol, but Field is an aura so it doesnt matter if the original target dies you can move on to the next target without reapplying and still do damage so your not wasting power or damage potential, i think the sme applies for WD but im not sure cause the ticks go so fast and i dont watch the log much, also the burst damage from cryo w/ the PI is nice especially in a mob
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

Its an aura that does 360 AoE damage over time which happens to last longer. Still a DoT. It doesn't really matter what other things it does. Just still fits the definition. Same with WD.

FG and CFoam also add a burst hit with a PI. If someone ran with field, sure they'll get the burst initial hit on a burning or electrified target but you can apply that more often with FG or Cfoam (and take advsntage of the extra damage). That's because of the shorter cool down.
  11. Quagmire New Player

I tried
    Photon blast, GG, Intim,, Cryo field, FG, Foam and it worked well in prime but was power hungry. I just need to get my power in down some how.
  12. Shadowcide Well-Known Player

the burst damage from NG/GG will more than make up for the burst/dot from foam and FG tht combined w/ intim and cryo constanly up along with WD will get alot more DPS trust me ive run w/ basically every gadgets move in raids in many different combinations and ive noticed significantly more damage w/o CF and FG...also its less work to keep cryo field up than to keep reapplying FG and CF and you dont have to worry if a NPC is getting hit because if theyr close WD and field is hitting them
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

Just One of the down sides of using every power in your load out constantly. Other than advising you to use your weapon a bit longer or a stronger weapon, for me the power issue with gadgets is a mfer to tackle.
  14. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

I like CF because its 360 degree DoT and PI that last for it's entire cooldown. Plus, I run with Intimidation. They share the same cooldown and CF is easily clipped with it. From the testing I've done, it seems CF also hits harder than Foam.
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

I said it was extra damage. I didn't say it was worthwhile damage. Its about a little over half of GGs base. Occasionally throwing in FG on a already elect/burning target is cheaper and depending on whether or not the explosive hit registers on all targets affected with a starting PI, may hit to equal one hit of GG. That's assuming more than one registers and doesn't split damage which I never tested on multiple targets.

I've had success with squeezing in FG along with field intimidation WD and GG in T4 instances. My goal when I play is to fit in as much damage as I can in a second. FG does that while I work my combo.

Not everyone wants to be super speed. So having another DoT in its place can work. Again, both DoTs.
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

Field hits the same as foam. 1 tick of field equals 1 tick of foam. Its just field last longer which means it'll rake in more damsge. It's practically common knowledge now to cast field then clip with intimidation. It works really great.

What I'm trying to put out here is if someone does not use WD there are other DoTs to apply and the a person or raid pace can factor in whether or not they want FG or Cfoam. Both combined do a little more damage than WD on a high health NPc. It's just going to cost a little more time to cast and power.

Burst will triumph in low level content. doT is do able in content where NPcs don't die in 2 shots.
  17. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

It hits harder than C-Foam because of it's AoE and cooldown, just like I said.
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

You said why you liked it. Then you said it hits harder. You didn't say t was because of the cool down directly. I said that. I'm clearing that up so people understand why it has a higher total damage.
  19. iKahnic New Player

Could anyone help me?
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

Sent you a PM :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.