The Booster Bundle Is Back With New Auras And A New Price!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Ok, now I'm happy.
    Bought 2 bundles...red and green plasmic.
    Bought 2 more...2 smokes.
    I'm done with these bundles.
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Thus providing further proof that this Bundle's distribution is totally out of whack! :confused:
    • Like x 1
  3. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I'm still trying to get my hands on a Green Nimbus.
    I was convinced that a green lantern would be perfect with the regular green aura, but then I remembered this:
    [IMG]
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Don't forget that the whole "Green Flame" thing started with Alan Scott, the Golden Age Green Lantern, and is therefore a visual strongly associated with him:

[IMG]

While that's the current "New 52 Earth 2" version of the character, the Green Flame visuals have been associated with him going all the way back to 1940, when he was first created.

And then there's the Daxamite GL known as Sodam Yat, AKA "Ion"...

[IMG]

So, yeah, the Green Nimbus Aura is pretty much perfect for giving that "Green Flame" effect to a character. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  5. eazygotbanned New Player

i spent nearly $100 of my hard earned dollar on these booster pack and got nothing but plasmics, mostly the old blue and red ones. Spent all that trying to get atleast one of the new nimbus or the smoke and got neither. so disappointed :(
    USPS Villain Name - eXotiik DruGz
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And that's when you have to do what I ended up doing... sell off your unwanted auras on the Auction Broker, and use those funds to buy the one(s) you really wanted.
  7. deycallmedock New Player

Just FYI everyone @ SOE, I would have spent 10+ dollars for just the aura's I wanted instead of dealing with scammers and having to trade for the one I was looking for, 50$ I got the green nimbus, and outfitted two members of my league with plasmic's but still I guess just charging 10-20$ for what we are all looking for does not create revenue, Happy to help!
  8. SRH3 New Player

Sony's lawyers have nothing to do with nor power to prevent a credit card chargeback for fraud. And while it was done unintentionally it is still fraud. When you sell something as exclusive and later retract that exclusiveness you have committed fraud.

DCUO/Sony at this point has done it twice.

Before the "clarification" was printed the current booster bundles were sold as offering "exclusive" auras. All of them. Orange, green, blue, yellow, red, plasmic, nimbus, smoke. There was no distinguishing between the like. You were mislead into believing even one, ten dollar purchase, guaranteed to net you an exclusive aura never to be seen in game again.

Before, the red and blue plasmic were marketed as exclusive.

I wouldn't advocate a chargeback for a fifty dollar purchase because it requires a little bit of effort. But for exclusive item investors/collectors that have spent multiple hundreds of dollars on this bait and switch, I absolutely would.

And I love DCUO, I wish it no harm or ill will. But if a lesson is not taught you can expect this again in the future.
  9. keltic warlord New Player

this whole thing was a total joke bought too many trying to get the smoke,went to GM's with a ticket and got told was a luck of a draw which i knew but getting 8 out of 15 same aura's doesn't seem like much luck of the draw.they should just put in a choice list it would have took away all of this.However i got told shortly after that 2 would be swapped out for the smoke's ,which hasn't happen as for a player that has been om from the beginning and carried legendary entire time,spent countless money on other things i will not be playing again and haven't since the bundle,it just took me too long to figure out they don't care about the players just the money at this point and i strongly urge everyone to stop spending money on this game will be the only way the see the error.
  10. Lantern Ripster New Player

Any word on when the booster packs will be coming back?