Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Earth742 Well-Known Player

[IMG]Head Styles: Classic Tech
    there is literally NO INFO AT ALL, just the pic & the name, in the wiki.
    Anyone care to share ways this can be obtained?
  2. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Jack T. Chance said:
    THAT GOES TRIPLE FOR ME!!!

Also, more Kryptonian Styles!

Kryptonian Emblems! If we can't get the ones from the current movies, can we get the ones from Smallville, the Christopher Reeves movies, or any of the older Kryptonian Symbols from 80-years worth of comics? There is a massively vast wealth of untapped source material to mine here!!!
    ;)

And thank you MEPPS!!! For getting this conversation started!
  3. Megzilla Developer

Righto. I do know if you wear a belt they're seamless but since I think its light as individual pieces instead of as a whole, the pants look disjointed from torsos if you don't have the belt covering it up.
    • Like x 1
  4. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I had an idea about the single item catsuit. You know how many flex suits have feet? When you put on a foot style, that part of the flex sit gets hidden. So you could make the entire catsuit a chest piece, set the leg see to none, and have a one piece catsuit. If you only want the top, just put on a leg style. Would that work?
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Yeah, it all comes down to how well they get them lined up, and if the mesh or textures are complex that can potentially be very difficult and frustrating. A tight-fitting leather catsuit like this could be either easy or difficult. One possibility is to model it as one solid piece with planned cut lines built into the mesh from the start, then it’s just a matter of cutting the mesh and lining up the textures (meaning *all* texture maps) accurately.

Edit: Most likely the disjointed look you’re referring to (and yes, I’m familiar with the issue and not just in DCUO :) ) is a misalignment of diffuse (color/texture) maps, or else a slight mismatch on specular (shininess/reflectiveness) maps
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

That’s definitely another possibility, if the engine/system is set up in a way that can handle it :)

The catch, though, is what if someone wants the bottom with a different top?
  7. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Ive mentioned this before...but I will say it again since the BB's came back. Glowing Material (tintable) or generally speaking Powerset Materials (tintable of course). Having Powerset Auras would be awesome as well to go with those Materials (also tintable). Highly sought after styles people would gobble up Im sure of it.
  8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Had another thought. What if they did the UV mapping and texturing while it was still one piece, and then when they cut the mesh had each of the pieces pointing at the exact same texture files? Or is that how the Slimline styles are set up?
  9. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Most of the time thats all you need to just google it.
    • Like x 1
  10. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Some thoughts (and suggestions this time, I promise! :))

Dress styles that don’t call for a belt:
    Make them chest pieces that go over the following specific leg pieces without clipping:
    Briefs, slimline leg styles, and the goth/fishnet pack on MP

Some empire waist dresses and sundresses could also fit over jeans or shorts for a casual summer look

I’m sorry, but if you *really* want to wear a dress over cargo pants or armor, your fashion sense is worse than Lady Gaga’s :p

Additional leg piece ideas to go with dresses:
    Pantyhose
    Briefs with (thigh-high) stockings. These could have a number of variations

Examples:
    Opaque stockings
    Sheer stockings
    Fishnet stockings with seams
    Fishnet stockings without seams

Each could have three variants:
    A ribbon/bow at the top holding them up
    A garter belt holding them up
    Neither of the above

They would have three color zones: the briefs, the stockings, and the support piece (for the ribbon/garter belt variants)

Shoes:
    No wardrobe collection is complete without shoes for every possible occasion.
    Mary Janes (flats and heels)
    Pumps (flats and heels - would be a good excuse to revisit/rework the ones from the business style set)
    Go-go boots (Huntress rode a motorcycle in them on Arrow!)
    Combat boots (regular (unisex) and high-heeled versions)
    Goth stompy platform boots (unisex)

The following shoe suggestions are all unisex:
    Loafers
    Moccasins
    Chinese-style slipper shoes
    High-top sneakers
    Running shoes
    Hiking boots
    Fuzzy bunny slippers :D
    Geta

Accessories for the fashion-conscious (hand styles):
    Wristwatch (men’s and women’s)
    Bracelets
    Bangles
    Rings (gotta include engagement and wedding rings here, just because)

A few suggestions for the gentlemen:
    IIRC, the formal style set for men is a tuxedo, so here are some variations to look into:
    Vest as a belt style (I think the current belt style is a cummerbund?)
    Waistcoat with tails or a full jacket (not sure which is currently in the game)

Suit and tie with four tie variations:
    Wide tie
    Skinny tie
    Bolo
    Bow tie (“Why a bow tie?” “Because bow ties are cool!” -The Doctor (Matt Smith) :D)

Some of these may have already been suggested, and some are unisex:
    A-shirt (sleeveless undershirt sometimes referred to as a ‘wifebeater’)
    Flannel shirt
    Kilts - look up Utilikilt for ideas on variations other than traditional ones (they even sell a tuxedo kilt!) (also could be unisex)
    Military dress uniforms (female version would have both pants and a skirt as options)
    Police uniforms
    Samurai armor
    Navy duty uniforms
    Pilot’s flight suit
    Mesh/fishnet shirt (female version would have a bra underneath that uses a separate color of the palette)
    Bondage pants (baggy pants with chains and straps - look up Tripp NYC for ideas)

More for the ladies:
    Wedding gown (o/‘ here comes the Cat, marrying the Bat o/‘ LOL I couldn’t resist that one)
    Sheer blouse with a bra underneath (separate color zones)
    A style set inspired by this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25852 (there’s a retextured version with color variations on another site that I won’t link here)

Elf skins! (Several variants, two for each human skin: one with Sinestro’s ears, one with Arisia Rrab’s ears)
    • Like x 1
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

With the graphic novel due out on March 20th, I think it's time the Devs started planning styles based on Green Lantern: Earth One...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Sensei say "your Google-Fu is bad and you should feel bad!" :p;)
  13. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Jack T. Chance said:
    haha! Funny? Not funny. There is ONE site that listed it, a site that barely works btw. I think I started the Briefings on a few alts, but now I know where to look.
    • Like x 1
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Inferior Five head styles...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Can't figure out how to attach photos. But there are several. Like the Holy Terror Batman or the Red Son Batman from Elseworlds. Lord Havok and the Extremists. Doomsday, and a few Green Lanterns (like G'hu or Medphyll).
    Would Invincible characters from Image be a no?
    If possible Wildstorm characters, but I'll let that one go finally.
  16. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

And I assume others have posted Legion of Superheroes?
  17. StealthBlue Loyal Player

If its a picture you have on your computer, you need to upload it online somewhere, like imgur or imgsafe. Once the image is online, just right click on the picture and select the option "copy image address". On the forums click the "insert/edit image" button (fourth from the right on the second row), or type [img]paste image address here[/img]
    • Like x 1
  18. JKwak Well-Known Player

can we have
    a big anime eyes as mask
    somthing like this
    [IMG]
    or this [IMG]

and a Donald trump hairstyle (and please name it "death ferret wig")
  19. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Thank you.
  20. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Ok, time for attempt number two at this. lol
    [IMG] Medphyll, A cyclops eye and that grass. Basically, another plant style.
    [IMG] Holy Terror. That Batman emblem and waste.
    [IMG] Batman from Superman: Red Son.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG] There we go. Lord Havok and the Extremists.
    [IMG] and G'hu, or just those long tentacles coming from the back of his head since the rest is already doable.
    And since I promised to let it go. I won't post Stormwatch or Gen13 images.
    • Like x 1