Stop simplifying Arenas

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Gargamond, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

That's their idea behind Seasonal PVP keeping the gap between bottom and top gear equal but still being able to add more gear.

So they understand, just not always the easiest thing to accommodate. Some PVP trinkets that match Trigon trinkets would be cool for sure though. Not that it'd affect me either way as I have the PVE option, but I think a pvp option would be great.
    • Like x 1
  2. Horrorshow New Player

Finally people agree with me that the Developers do not take what we suggest into consideration. When they finally do take something into consideration, these people go way out into left field and give us an option that does not even solve the issue. Remove EVERYTHING that is PVE from PVP arenas. You can remove something from the game or give us an option to obtain it through PVP. Let people like this guy play PVP like this in open world. PVP arenas needs to have structure and balance.

@ Developers
    A lot of us don't understand why you made PVP gear useless in PVE content if you do not plan to do the same in PVP arenas. The simple solution to the newbie players not being able to get gear in PVP is to give them a way to do it. None of us can understand this outlandish idea that you want to clamp stats for PVE gear when players que up with it. The answer is not this. It has been three years and nothing decent has been done to PVP arenas to give it structure or balance. Nothing major the community has been asking for has been put into PVP arenas.

Clean the ear wax out of your ears Developers and listen to your community for once.

+ We don't want obnoxious NPC characters that pushback, lunge, BB, and attack us in PVP arenas. If we want to play with NPC characters we will go do PVE content.
    + We don't want any form of PVE gear in PVP arenas.
    + Hardly anyone likes Home Turf and the vast majority of players prefer to que PVP deathmatches. You have gotten a ton of support for removing Home Turf from PVP deathmatches. This is a big indication to you guys to remove it completely.
    + Stop with the useless and buggy node based maps.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Ikr..? "Oooooh I wonder what is going to happen!? Oh... Yeah, a supply drop... just like last time.."

Very complex and intriguing indeed.
  4. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Yep. I read your post. You are completely missing the point here. In your post you said HT trinkets are an unfair advantage. That's false. Everyone can earn them at any time, therefore HT trinkets are fair. It seems like you didn't read mine.

Making Arenas similar to Legends is EXACTLY what I am trying to avoid by writing this thread. Arenas are supposed to be a test of your character's maximum potential, not some cookie-cutter Legends cop out match. Legends characters are created to be equal to each other in strength. Our characters aren't like that. We are all unique. Limiting our characters resources in Arena pvp makes us clones. Eventually, in season 2, most people will be full red tornado, nature, dual wield. Mark my words. You have to broaden the horizons in this game, not limit them.
    Yep. I was there. That was when we hadn't yet learned about using pulls to keep people away from supply drops, and rendering people helpless to keep them under our orbital strikes. Like I said before, HT added another layer of complexity to the game. Some people just never adjusted their tactics. They never learned.

Here is a good example of a player who cannot adapt. Use a push or a stun to keep your enemies away from their own supply drops.
  5. Giggles Loyal Player

No you didn't read it. Go read it again, it's clear you are having trouble with reading comprehension. Anyone who knows me knows I utilize and support HT since it's introduction to our game. What I support is the removal from death match because in many cases it would prevent a clear cut winner from emerging in 5v5 matches. Look no further than previous FNLs to see that.

I do not want HT to be removed from PvP. It is fine as it is currently. I believe HT adds depth and strategy to PvP in everything but death matches. Also, please show me in my first post you quoted where I said HT was an unfair advantage. *Hint* You won't be able to quote it because I never said it. How about turning off your selective reading and reading peoples entire posts before commenting in the future? ;)

To sum it all up, HT is great for PvP, it adds depth and strategy to PvP. What needs to be removed from PvP is all PvE items. Again, I do NOT consider HT a PvE item. Once PvE is limited in PvP, PvP will be perfect. At this time, I'd give it a 8/10, if I had to rate it. The movement debuffs and HT help give PvP depth and move it away from cookie cutter PvP. Once all the luck based PvE items are removed, it will be balanced and place everyone on an even playing field, as everyone can get HT items, and everyone has access to the same movement debuffs. Those who choose not to use HT or movement debuffs only pay have he selves to blame for their losses.
  6. Giggles Loyal Player

@Horrowshow

No one but a handful of people who are having trouble adapting agree with you. As you said, those of you who dislike HT play death match. It no longer exists there, stick to your death matches then. Just because you can't adapt to a game type that requires more than killing your opponents, does not mean we need to dumb down other game types.

Since HT trinkets and mods are the sole reason for getting DLC 6, I can pretty much assure you from a business perspective, that HT will never be removed entirely. Adapt already. Stop blaming game mechanics and the devs for your inability to adapt on the fly. Again if you need help in game, feel free to PM me any time. These continuous calls for the removal of tools, and strategies in PvP to dumb it down, is getting really old. PvP is not for everyone, and I am really starting to believe it may not be for you if you are having this much trouble adapting.

@Devs

Please continue to the great work you are doing. Don't mind players like Horrowshow, they are trying to comment on aspects of the game they clearly do not grasp entirely, and instead of learning said mechanics, they blame the mechanics for their short comings in PvP.
    • Like x 1
  7. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Oh really? Because...

... is exactly what you said. And it just isn't true. HT trinkets are some of the trinkets I'm complaining about. HT trinkets are completely fair. Put them back in all Arenas, to include deathmatches, please. It seems you didn't read your OWN post, and you can't comprehend your OWN writing.
  8. Giggles Loyal Player

You clearly misunderstood what I said because you did not read the post entirely. If you are going to quote me, at least quote me properly. Turn off your selective reading. Here is what I said...

What you quoted was the red, and what I was referring to in my statement, if you took the time to read the statement in it's entirety, was explained perfectly in the following sentence which I bolded in orange. I was pretty clear in the sentence after the one you quoted that I was referring to the luck based PvE and seasonal trinkets that were banned entirely from Arenas.

If you read the sentence over, you can use simple logic to see I was not talking about HT. Lets go over the statements I made in the second sentence, shall we? Since when has HT trinkets EVER been luck based? The answer is NEVER. Has HT trinkets or mods ever been a seasonal trinket or item? No, NEVER. So again, I never said anything about HT being unfair. You really need to read before you post, because you clearly misread, or misunderstood the first post I made in this thread.

If you are going to quote someone, at least quote them properly, and not just what you feel like reading. Again, you are arguing with the wrong person, I am for HT in PvP, and have never been against it. ;)
  9. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Again, you are failing to understand your own post. Let's quote you again.

Again, in the same paragraph, you mention "all pve". What part of HT trinkets is not PVE? Really? Do I need to draw you a Venn diagram or something? If you don't mean the stuff you write here, you should just stop writing. So you can stop your pitiful head game now. Maybe you should take some basic logic courses.
  10. Giggles Loyal Player

If you followed these forums, you would know the devs are going to make HT items payable with PvP marks. So since we will soon be able to pay the mainframe rent with PvP marks, I do not cinsider HT a PvE item. This was confirmed by the devs at the SOE 2013 PvP panel. So let me clarify this even further for you, soonwe will be able to use PvE OR PvP marks to pay for the mainframe upkeep each month. Also, as I said below, I am for HT in PvP...

Turn off your selective reading already. Just admit you are wrong and move on already, I have clearly stated here, and in multiple threads, I am for HT staying PvP. Let me guess, you did not read that either? You are arguing with the wrong person. I agree HT should remain in PvP and it adds depth to PvP, why are you still arguing with me? :D
  11. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Cite your source for HT trinkets paid by PVP marks, or it didn't happen. And your second quote was written after my first response to you, so it's irrelevant.
  12. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Nothing? That's what I thought.
  13. SSJ Carlos New Player

You are in aristocrats??? LMFAO! Wrong section of the forum man. This is all about pvp.
    • Like x 2
  14. Giggles Loyal Player

Here is the panel video, where Tunso, explains why they made the decision they made regarding PvP. As for your request, at 29:35 of video, there is a clear view of the slide that says PvP currency will be used to pay for mainframe upgrades, as well as Tunso confirming it as well.

Don't worry, no need to apologize, its clear you don't like to read other posts or use this forums search features. What part of "I do not want HT removed from PvP" is so hard for you to grasp? HT is not a PvE only item, as clearly shown in this video with the devs intentions as well. The video is below.

• Like x 1
  15. Yallander Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  16. Kroye Loyal Player

While I agree with much of your post, it's probably important to remember that we, here in the PVP section of the forum, are in the minority. I'd wager that the vast majority of players don't necessary agree 100% with you and I. It's been my experience in most games that folks who primarily PVE outnumber folks who primarily PVP by a large margin, and DCUO (at least on USPC) follows that pattern.
    • Like x 1
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Some will argue arena are simple now, because of the ht trinkets and pets and the devs is making more about PvP and less about who have the most pets
    • Like x 1
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Again it's not that we can't adapt. I've always been a PUG PVPer. I ran into HT constantly. I had to learn how to best weaken or avoid the effects of those trinkets. Sure I never learned how to optimally use them, but again, that's because I simply don't like the addition to the game and didn't want to be a part of it.
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

so now people are QQing about Death matches actually being about dieing again lol :rolleyes:
  20. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Wow. That's some pretty obscure evidence on which you base your assumption. So, is there a written announcement on this Forum, posted by a developer somewhere that says pvp marks will be used to pay for HT trinkets in pvp season 2? Or are you hinging your entire argument on an old video that may or may not be one of Tunso's pipe dreams? Anything concrete?

I mean, you said something, took it back, and now you're showing me obscure videos and still expect me to believe you? It's not even in the notes for GU33. Why do you still think Tunso still plans to make that change? Do you think it will be implemented mid-season, after GU33?! I hate to break it to you, but it might not happen.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.