Stop simplifying Arenas

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Gargamond, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

I just want a fighting game when I PvP, like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Tekken.

Meaning no Roles, no extra slots for Trinkets/Consumables, no uber powerful Sodas, Mods, or HT Mods.
    Just me, My Powers, and my Fighting Weapon Style.

Probably why you see me more in Legends than you do seeing me in Arenas. I am fine with that.

We're going to constantly have PvE items thrown into PvP Arenas, so we have to cope, or just play like it is. I rather do what I like and play Legends to where it's more to my liking and I can reason more with my loses. We can change so much for Arenas, but it's already stated PvE in PvP will hardly change, so as I said, cope or do what I do.

And be fine with that.
  2. Aqua New Player

Oh right yeah that's exactly what I meant. >.> ...
    • Like x 3
  3. Dump Truck New Player

legends rocks for that... there is still some cheap stuff going on... but for the most part it's fun.
    • Like x 1
  4. Gargamond Dedicated Player

I just can't waste any more effort on you, because you obviously are incapable of grasping several fundamental rules of logic and endlessly defend some rather foolhardy mistakes on your part. You are done. Congratulations. You can make absolutely no sense and defend your own nonsense to the end of days. It takes a very special pathological liar to do something like that. But thanks for showing me your obscure little "official" unofficial video full of stuff that probably won't even happen. At least, not for several more months. And maybe THEN you can legitimately say HT trinkets aren't pve items.

Somebody get Tunso in here.
    • Like x 1
  5. Giggles Loyal Player

You should really watch that video again, Tunso doesn't need to come in here and comment, he was the one speaking at that panel. He said they were going to be adding the feature eventually. Like all MMO's it is a work in progress, things aren't changed over night. The fact they said it was coming should be good enough for you, as it is for me. I have explained to you countless times, that you misread my post. I even broke it down for you, and yet you still can't grasp what is being said. You keep asking for the devs to come in here and tell you something that they already said in the video which was provided to this entire community. You clearly have no idea what the word logic means either...

https://www.google.com/#q=define logic

So according to you my logic is flawed, yet the very definition of logic shows I am right. You see what validates my argument is that the creator you continue to ask for in this thread, is the one speaking about the same topic you are asking questions about. Tun so addressed and answered the very question you continue to ask in the video. Let me also help you with another word you have trouble using properly.

https://www.google.com/#q=define credibility

https://www.google.com/#q=define credible

That video is what makes my statement credible. Yet despite the hard evidence, you continue to deny it. You suffer from denial, because despite the evidence you asked for and received, you are having trouble accepting the truth, and that is you are wrong. Just in case you need help understanding what denial is....

https://www.google.com/#q=define denial

This whole argument between you and I began because you chose to selectively read my post. Had you used common sense and actually read the entire post a couple of my times, maybe you would have been able to grasp from the start that I was not against you. You really should turn off your selective reading and listening in the future.

Let's try this again, shall we? I am in favor of HT in PvP. Regardless of whether you consider it a PvE or PvP trinket, the fact that all PvE trinkets were banned from the Arena and HT was not, clearly should tell you that the devs do not consider HT trinkets PvE only, since HT are still usable in the arenas.

Now all common sense aside, why are you arguing with me again? You do realize you are derailing your own thread because you decided to selectively read my first post and start an argument with me because you misunderstood a sentence I wrote? :)

Oh yeah, and here is further proof that the devs wanted Trex to record this panel and post it for everyone to see. Even Spytle thanked him. ;)

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...al-dcuo-pvp-panel-feedback-discussion.167193/
  6. Kroye Loyal Player

I'm curious - are the FoS trinket, the Central City trinket, and the Trigon's Prison trinket banned as well? (Genuine question, not trying to argue or poke at folks.)
  7. Giggles Loyal Player

They aren't, they weren't deemed unfair. Especially since the FoS and CC trinkets share the same stats practically, with the only main difference between them is the shields, etc useable on the CC trinket, and the CC trinket being purchasable at any time just as the Trigon trinkets are purchasable any time. It was mostly the luck based and seasonal trinkets that were banned. Like Halloween and Summer pets for example, along with vault shape shifting. In fact here is the thread...

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/trinket-pets-form-changes-and-pvp.5728/

The OMAC Trinket ended up being banned as well in the end. These were the trinkets I was referring to earlier in the thread that needed to be banned. Everyone who knows me in game, knows I fully support HT. :)
  8. Gargamond Dedicated Player

For someone who claims to be so logical, you sure do write in a conflicting manner. And no, my friend. It is you who suffer from denial because the fact is, HT trinkets are pve. Pure and simple.

By the way, the reason I asked for Tunso is because he is in the video. But then again, you don't understand reason, and you make a more and more circular argument with each additional post you make.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason

Your ability to verify facts is nonexistent. Fact: HT trinkets are paid through marks of triumph, a pve mark, and are therefore pve trinkets currently. Your major malfunction: you fail to realize any HT trinket is pve content at this time. Also, you post conflicting information, take back your word, and try to explain away your foolishness with low quality unofficial videos posted by players of devs delivering lackluster PowerPoint presentations that obviously took no effort to prepare and were only made to placate the unreasonable demands of the pvp exclusive crowd. Tunso used the word "stuff " on one of the slides, for pity's sake. And you regard the video as canon. Pitiful.

You undermine my thread by supporting the restriction of HT trinkets in any part of this game. No, you do not agree with me. You are sitting on the fence on the issue, and it is people like you whom I have to blame for the present state of Arenas.

Again, somebody get Tunso in here.
  9. Potent New Player

Oh yes plz because there is so much complex about walking into a death match with 15 Henchmen 5 Orbitals and 5 Supply Drops.
    • Like x 1
  10. Giggles Loyal Player

You are too funny! LOL. My reasoning for my argument is that it was stated by the devs who create and alter our game on a constant basis. The fact is, they said they wanted to add it, regardless of whether it is not in game right now, it is a feature that is coming eventually. When it comes out since it will be paid for with PvE and PvP marks, it makes it not a PvE only trinket. Since it will inevitably happen, they are no longer just a PvE item.

Regardless of what you say, or try to argue, I am for HT in arenas. So your argument against me is rather pointless. Just like your use of the word "Reason".

https://www.google.com/#q=define reason

Solid reasoning a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event. The event was Tunso himself saying that we would eventually be able to pay for these items with PvP marks. That is all the reasoning I need to prove you are wrong. Facts do not get any more solid than when they come from the creators of our game whom are telling us what is coming. Let's ignore your ignorance for a moment, and go back to your original argument with me.

Your main argument with me started with you misreading (or selectively reading) my post and assuming based on your misinterpretation, that I wanted HT taken out of Arenas. I have said countless times, I enjoy and utilize HT in the Arena's and DO NOT want them removed from Arena. Regardless of whether you misunderstood, misread, assumed, whatever the case... I clarified my stance for you. Yet you still continue to argue with me. You do realize it is you derailing your own thread because you are in denial of my clarification? Relax, take a moment to soak all of this in, and then I hope you realize little guy, I am on your side. :)
  11. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Listen up son I've said this multiple times. Home Turf trinkets aren't paid by PVP marks. They are PVE trinkets.

Since your argument is just rehashing old crap, I'm just going to quote myself because I already smashed the point you just made.

Did that jog your memory? Or do you still need a Venn diagram?

You are not pro HT in arenas because you are not pro HT in ALL Arenas. You obviously can't argue, write, or reason your way out of a paper bag, so just stop. You made a bunch of moronic mistakes, yet you continue to justify them and you are only making yourself look like a fool who can't write. Ok, I'll just draw you a picture with pretty colors.
  12. Giggles Loyal Player

Since you continue failing to grasp the point of your own argument let me break that down for you, yet again.

You said...

Let's break down your OP with my comments...

Then I said...

So let's stop here for a second, because I know you probably turned on your selective reading again. Let's breakdown my comment. Out all all the HT trinkets and items, which ones are seasonal? Which ones are luck based? The answer to both those questions is NONE. So therefore, it is pretty clear I was not talking about HT.

Then you decided to go off on a tangent because you misread, misunderstood, selectively read, etc my response and then decided to argue that HT is PvE trinkets. I informed you that they were PvE trinkets but would soon be purchasable with PvP marks, and I stated because I knew that we would soon be able to purchase the HT upgrades with marks that I did not consider them PvE trinkets, but I did consider them both PvE and PvP trinkets, which is again why I did not believe they should be removed. You asked me to prove it, and I gave you this link below and showed you that soon we would be able to purchase HT items with PvP marks, therefore making them NOT PvE only trinkets in the devs eyes...

Then you decided to argue that it was an "obscure" video, and "unofficial" when it fact you are wrong on both accounts thanks to the definitions of the actual words. If you need to see again where they told us we would be able to eventually pay for PvP marks, head over to 29:35 of the video.

https://www.google.com/#q=define obscure

https://www.google.com/#q=define unofficial

Hopefully you read both of those definitions because it doesn't get anymore official and less obscure than the devs themselves telling us it is a planned feature.

I will repeat myself yet, again. I am for HT, but they were removed from death matches. Instead of getting all upset over it and pouting about it (like you are) I adapted and moved on. They are removed from death matches, and it is not going to change. Deal with it. As for your armories, they aren't usable in PvP combat either as described in the link below, deal with it.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/armories-arrive-in-dcuo-next-week.185398/

Just because we like HT, does not mean everyone else does. Now people have different Arenas where they can go enjoy the game their way. This was done to make the game more enjoyable for everyone, again deal with it. I sure hope you read all of this and now understand how this all works I love proving people wrong, I never get tired of it. :)

Let me sum it all up for you one last time, repetitiveness helps people understand better sometimes, and I believe you are one of those people.

I am for HT in the ARena's, and I complete understand and agree with why HT was removed from death match arenas. I am also in favor of the the ban of all the other PvE trinkets found here, which were the ones I was tlaking about in the second paragraph of my first post.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/trinket-pets-form-changes-and-pvp.5728/

P.S.
    Sure, draw me a picture, I hope your drawing is better than the logic you continue to use in this thread. ;)
  13. zickyjacks New Player

If you really pvp to be as simple yet as challenging as everyone wants it to be this is what you do.

Take our teired pvp armor
    Make armor that everyone can use regardless of how many marks you have
    Make them role specific to the two roles you can play
    take out all trinkets,HT,mods,pets from pvp
    make it an arena setting (like in tekken where the area does fall behind you and such but nothing else messes with the fight in 1v1)

At this point its no excuses. If you lose you lose and it is then pvp is based on skill.
    Pretty sure if they did something like that you would hear people cry still. Even though this would equal out pvp all together across the board. Same stats, same gear, pick the weapon of your choice and go for it.
    Then again all the special little snow flakes want to show off and have there own special little thing that shows they are different. Such is life.
    done.
  14. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Oooook. Until this point I WAS reading all of your posts, but from here on out, you are done. I'm not reading your bullshirt any longer, because you are obviously of diminished capacity, since you literally just asked for a visual aid and then winked at me. I don't swing that way. Look, the majority of the trinkets I'm complaining about are HT trinkets, and the first sentence (subject sentence), and the last sentence in your paragraph makes no mention of seasonal trinkets, therefore your entire paragraph's subject is pve trinkets in general. You are either wrong, or you are a pits poor author. Take your pick.

Also, I see you omitted the last sentence of your effed up paragraph as well, which mentioned removing pve from pvp entirely, which would include HT. Yet again, you are a crappy author. If you meant that all pve armor and weapons should be barred from pvp, you should have at least said so, rather than including all pve items like HT trinkets in your statement. Learn to write, or at least write what you are actually thinking, rather than expecting your readers to read your mind at the time of your writing. All my assumptions about your motives are literally based upon your apparently erroneous writing, if your intention is not to restrict HT in Arena pvp(which actually isn't your intention, since you support removal of HT from deathmatches which are part of Arena pvp).

Also, you are either a poor writer or a liar, because you have directly contradicted yourself on several points, to include your intentions for HT in Arena pvp, and also your ability to reason. No reasonable person would place any merit whatsoever in that pits poor PowerPoint presentation in the video. Sorry, but you are dang wrong, and naive. You keep saying HT is part pvp. Wrong there, too. You don't, at least for the time being, pay for HT with any kind of pvp marks what so ever.
  15. Giggles Loyal Player

Are really having this much trouble comprehending what I am explaining to you?

I explained to you again, you misunderstood what I wrote and I even broke it down for you. I did not omit anything, as the reasoning as to why HT was not included in my first post was explained clearly in my last post, and that is again, that soon we will be able to buy the mainframe upgrades with marks and I DO NOT, consider HT a PvE item. So therefore in my explanation as to why certain trinkets should and should be banned, HT is among those I feel should not be banned entirely from the arena. If you stopped and actual read my posts in their entirety and not just what you want to read, you would be fully capable of understanding what I am saying. You even quoted my saying "I DO NOT consider HT a PvE item", in your last post. Yet you continue to argue, when that in fact proves you are not fully reading these posts.

You can blame my writing all you want, but I was again very clear when I said luck based and seasonal trinkets should be banned and neither of those two words even remotely apply to HT. I even went as far as to further clarify my stance in my second post in this thread and proceeded to fully clarified my first post, since you clearly could not figure out I was not talking about HT being banned in the slightest. You really need to stop selectively reading peoples posts so that you fully understand and soak in what they are saying so you aren't arguing and derailing your own thread because you chose not to properly read someone else's comment.

I know you are having trouble fully grasping what I am explaining, but since you misused yet another word (Contradict) it is you that contradicted yourself. You really need to brush up on your vocabulary, lucky for you I am here to help you with that...

https://www.google.com/#q=define contradiction

Lets go over the word contradiction, shall we? You said the video I posted was "obscure" and "unofficial" when in fact, based on the very definition of the words that you chose above, you contradicted my comments on the video which in fact proved you were wrong. the statements you made about the video were a contradiction. Then in your last sentence of your last comment you said...

That is a contradiction of the truth. So you are telling me I can't use HT in Arenas? It is in fact you who is wrong, because we can in fact use all HT items in any part of PvP, except for death matches, in which case we can only use the white mods. That is yet another contradiction on your part. I'm sure you understand the word contradiction now right? ;)

Another important word you should add to your vocabulary is "Denial"...

https://www.google.com/#q=define denial

You said I was wrong, despite me proving you were wrong. Instead of manning up and admitting you were wrong, despite me clarifying my stance for you multiple times through out this thread, you continued to deny your error. That is denial. You blaming my writing, instead of your amazing ability to selectively read and misunderstand other peoples posts, and still acting like you were correct the entire time despite all the proof placed in front of you, is denial. you telling me I need to learn to write, when in fact you need to learn to read people's posts better, is denial.

Lastly, just to clarify, I never once said in this thread you can currently buy HT upgrades with PvP marks. What I said was, soon we will be able to purchase the upgrades with PvP marks. I even gave you a video showing that it was in fact coming sometime down the line. I then further clarified for you that because the feature is coming, that I did not consider it a PvE only item. Yet you chose to assume my stance instead of actually reading what I wrote. It is your reading that failed you, not my writing. :)

P.S.

Just in case you do not fully understand what the word "assume" means...

https://www.google.com/#q=define assume
  16. Chungweishan New Player

I still believe all Players should just fight against those with the same gear/advantages if possible. It would keep Arenas actually competitive instead of the stomping we have now ... which, of course, leads to complaining... which then leads to awful nerfs or, even worse, banning of certain things. This will continue over and over until players are matched correctly.

Almost every complaint basically just stems from being out-geared, or teamed with under-geared players. Every goofy addition (synthetic mods, movement debuffs), fix (immunities, capped criticals), nerf (pets with less health), and/or ban (no Home Turf trinkets in Death Match) is just a band-aid which doesn't solve the most obvious problem. The fear is longer queues... for who? The Max-Geared Player that doesn't need marks for gear anymore, and just demolishes the competition? Give new players a chance to properly progress and gain experience, they'll eventually reach your level. The queues will be fine.

Understand that it's taking more and more time, and money, to become relatively competitive in our current Arenas. I need to be at least Tier 3 PvE, so I can get Marks for my Home Turf Mainframe. I need anything better than Soder Extremes, which costs ... well whatever better consumable I plan on using (either making or buying). I need a Belt. If not, I'll either have to hope that my teammate are well-geared, or my opponents are just as under-geared as I am. Currently, there aren't a lot of the latter.
  17. Gargamond Dedicated Player

I can tell by the increasing length of your posts you are getting more and more frustrated about my accusations of your sub-standard writing, and reasoning skills. Since you still believe in the content of Tunso's PowerPoint presentation, beyond a shred of doubt,

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doubt

and you are using the word "soon" to describe when your imaginary change to HT rent will occur,

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=soon

I can clearly see your grip on reality is nonexistent. Can you provide a date when this change will be implemented? No, you can't, because you are imagining it. You are imagining you didn't make a mistake and eff up your post. And when you wrote it, you imagined I wouldn't call you out on it. Well, I have news for you, buddy.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=imagine

HT is paid by pve marks. HT trinkets are pve, and they are some of the trinkets I was complaining about. You mentioned all pve should be removed from pvp. You are contradicting yourself by saying so, because you also say you support HT trinkets in arenas. That is simply a lie, because you support the restriction of HT from deathmatches, as I has shown you time and again. You are wrong, and a liar.

Time to wake up. Welcome to reality.

GU33 is here. The appointed time for your change to HT rent is past. "Soon" is obsolete. Now, you can use the word "never" in place of "soon".
  18. Horrorshow New Player

What are you talking about? The red vomit coming out of your mouth makes no sense. *Rage reference +2 points!* :D

Gargamond it seems that you do not fully realize the point of PVP and PVE being separate. PVP is player versus player and PVE is player versus environment. There is a big difference bewteen the two types of gametypes. There needs to be two separate types of gear and conditions because the two gametypes are so difference. It is not our fault the Developers fail to comprehend the difference between PVE and PVP. I can understand where you are coming from but you are wrong. The more PVE elements the Developers start to remove from PVP arenas, maybe you will start to appreciate what PVP is about. I hope you take the time to actually play PVP and enjoy it for what it is worth.
  19. Giggles Loyal Player

I never get frustrated, I love pointing out peoples flawed arguments. All of your comments are so oblivious to the facts I have more fun with each post you make, because pointing out your washy washy stories becomes easier and easier.

Let me ask you, did they say that GU33 was going to be the last update for PvP, show me where they said that? As far as I know they continuously update the game multiple times after an update with hot fixes. It isn't something I personally need, again it was a feature that would be added for those who could not be bothered to PvE for these trinkets, and utilize them in PvP.

I'm using the word soon because the devs said it would happen eventually, as stated in the video, It is you imagining the video does not exist. It is you who is having trouble understanding the word soon. It is you who doubts the hard evidence placed in front you. Keep on derailing your own thread, there's no point explaining things in great detail to you because you don't read most of it, and then you can't even use the words you define in a proper sentence. You are in complete and utter denial. :)
  20. Horrorshow New Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.