Stop simplifying Arenas

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Gargamond, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Garg, talking to Giggles it tough. He's not a bad guy, but just tough to get on the same page.

And I'm with you on that. Tunso also discussed with some people the possibility of making each round of lair battles count towards a win for the feat. Something MANY of us really hope goes in.

Since then we've posted a couple times about it. But I don't think we've gotten any responses about it.

The way I see it is, until it's announced as on the way and part of some DLC/Update, then it's not something in the works. It's easy to talk a lot, much harder to get it all done (2014 is starting great imo though).
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

Obscure? That's SOE Live 2013. That was only four months ago. That's about as recent and high-profile as it gets.
    • Like x 2
  3. Giggles Loyal Player

How is that obscure? This was said at SOE Live 2013, this MMO's weekend where they share the most information with the player base. So this was hardly "obscure" LOL. Do you even know the definition of the word obscure? Here's the definition of obscure, so you don't misuse it in the next sentence you try put together with the word.

https://www.google.com/search?q=definie obscure&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb#channel=fflb&q=define obscure&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&spell=1

This took place at SOE Live 2013, and was posted and watched by anyone who actually cares about PvP in this game shortly after it was posted by Trex. So therefore, it was not obscure in the slightest. The fact this is your first time seeing this video just goes to show that you do not follow PvP in this game very often. Now that we know that you like to selectively read others posts, as well as use words like "obscure" improperly in a sentence, lets move on.

Just because it isn't happening right away, does not mean it will never happen. These things take time, and quite frankly it is not that high of priority, with how easy it is for us to obtain MoT. Since this video came out in the summer, I have never considered HT a PvE item. If you look at my post history, you would know that I NEVER consider HT a PvE item. That would require you to read though, so I understand where your inability to understand all this information comes from.

Since they have done just about everything they have announced on this video, except for the HT jammers, which I hope comes along soon, as they would add yet another level of depth to our arena, and also the feature of being able to pay for mainframe upgrades with PvP marks, which would stop all these people who complain they can't pay for the mainframe upgrades, from having an excuse to complain about HT.

The devs said in that video, soon players will be able to just PvP and pay for it all eventually. The devs would not have announced something like that if it was not something they were looking into sometime down the line. I personally don't care when/if it ever comes out, as I have no problems earning my 16k a month to unlock the entire mainframe, and nor should any other player at this point in time.

My argument is that you simply misunderstood what you read because you chose to selectively read what I posted. The trinkets I was referring to in my first post were the seasonal trinkets, the PvE trinkets that came from the vault, etc. You know, the ones that got completely banned from the arenas? Yeah, those were the ones I was referring to. In the sentence after the one you misread, I was pretty clear as to which trinkets I was speaking about. Since HT is not luck based or seasonal AND the devs said themselves, that eventually we would be able to purchase the HT upgrades with PvP marks, I have never considered them a PvE item.

Although, common sense should have told you that, as all the PvE trinkets that were luck based or seasonal were completely removed from PvP Arenas, and HT was not. I thought I was pretty clear as to which trinkets I was referring to, but clearly you have trouble grasping some of the things that you read, due to your selectively read, which is somewhat understandable.

Sorry that you can't grasp any of that information. However, yet again, I have always supported HT, and will continue to do so. You are yet again, arguing against the wrong person, as I share your same view about HT in PvP. Not sure, why that is so hard for you to grasp, but maybe you will understand that when you decide to stop selectively reading everything you claim to read. :)
  4. Giggles Loyal Player

That's a choice you made though, Jeebie. A choice that put yourself at a disadvantage. We all have access to the same tools, and if you fully learn how to utilize them, you would know they are nothing drastic, anyone with a little know how can easily defend against them.

I will agree with why they were removed from death matches as FNL is the only proof needed to see why that needed to happen, as for the rest of objective game types, they are fine and should be never be removed. HT adds depth and strategy to PvP, what those of you who do not like HT or those like you who choose not to use HT, seem to be asking for is for the devs to dumb down PvP because you do not want to learn how to properly utilize these items in your PvP strategies. To those people, I say, you have no one to blame except yourself.

If you or others against HT cannot kill henchmen or accomplices quickly, then you are in worse shape than I thought. Those things have paper for armor, they die almost instantly, not to mention they hand out immunity like candy.
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

It's a choice I made, and a choice many others have made. And one that the devs have now recognized with their removal of the trinkets from deathmatches.

You say depth and complexity, I say chaos.

I've said my fair share of stupid things about HT. calling people bad saying they are relying on it as a crutch and what not. But really it's just a difference of opinion.

I like games that are more simplistic. With less tools, your ability to use the tools well is more important.

You're treating this as if one side is wrong. That's simply not the case.

I'm happy with the compromise, i'd prefer it gone all the way, but what they did seems like a solid solution.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dump Truck New Player

I think hardcore pvpers are the ones who figure out what is OP and it is the mediocre who start the QQ threads.

Most times, the hardcore PVPers and hardcore PVEers are one in the same... at least on console... and they are not the hardcore QQers.

I love that death matches are made more whole and less about bells and whistles. I miss the days of pvp before the immunities when we would go to centennial park for 1v1's and Q Moon Base all night long. I remember how bad FOS was with henchmen, trinket pets, and supercharge pets... some entire leagues would run this type of loadout amongst their group in hopes to out disconnect their opponents on console.
    • Like x 3
  7. Giggles Loyal Player

Oh I agree, it needed to be removed from death matches, you will not get an argument from me on that subject. I am not trying to say you are wrong, but when you suggest that it should be removed entirely, that is when I believe one side is wrong. I think they reached a happy medium, as the "competitive" PvPers like death matches, now they can enjoy their favorite game type without all the screen pollution, and the other team never dying.

The way I saw the changes they made to death match was simple. In objective based game types we can win by other means than kills, so HT is ok there. however, when the only way to win is kills and you have great healers who have access to supply drop x5+, it can be a bit difficult to have a clear cut winner. So again, I support the compromise that was made.

I too am happy with the compromise they reached, sorry if I sounded as if you were wrong. When I read your previous comment, it sounded like you were pushing for the removal of HT entirely, my apologies if I misunderstood you. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Saami Loyal Player

Thats some good news. Atleast they think about it.
    • Like x 2
  9. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Lol. In the next sentence I try put together, huh? You have lost all credibility in this thread. Try put? And you are lecturing me on the English language? Wow.

Yes. Obscure.

not discovered or known about; uncertain.
    "his origins and parentage are obscure"

Uncertain.

Look, I know this is a complicated concept, since you had to use the dictionary. Trex's video is unofficial. Trex is a player. He doesn't work for SOE. Everything in that video is a work in progress. Show me something on this forum that can prove what you are saying like a post from a DEV or something. Maybe you can get Tunso to post here and set me straight. Until then, you have absolutely no credibility. Or are you going to lecture me on the definition of the word "credibility" next? Lol.

So much for journalism...
  10. Kharhaz Committed Player

Arena PVP with HT trinkets got daft. I remember many people complaining about pets and the like dominating games in PVP before HT was released. You never faced the other person 1v1 you faced an army, and HT mad it worse, especially henchman. I am glad for the changes.

However, what people need to realise first and foremost is this: PVP is meant to be fun. Each time I play, win, lose or draw, it makes a nice change. PVP wasn't fun when people trinked their way to success.
  11. Aqua New Player

I would be happy if devs simplified arenas straight back to launch day. Only thing I really would keep now the mods for pvp gear (not the HT ones) and maybe the crit caps to offset the loss of immunities saving everyone's life.
    • Like x 1
  12. Gargamond Dedicated Player

By that, do you also mean removal of all the DLC power sets? None of those were in the game at launch, either. Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it.
  13. Kroye Loyal Player

Maybe not for you, but I bet it was fun for them! :p

Your post made me think of a Safehouse match I was in the other night. The pre-made I was in faced another premade for the second time after beating them solidly the first time. In the second match, they scored first, then the rock got bugged and no one could pick it up. We didn't feel like trying to kill them 200 more times in the 10 minutes left in the match, so we asked if we could try to get the rock unbugged. For whatever reason, your post made me think of one of those players' response:"Sucks for you. Not for us!"

My point is this - sure, trinking to victory wasn't fun for you, but I bet it was fun for the team that beat you.

You're right hough about pets being over-used and trinket abuse before Home Turf. I recall OMAC trinket use discussions, trinket swapping to bypass cooldowns, Snowman use...even getting Boogie Bombed. Remember the St. Patty's Day dance-a-jig trinket? Having an opponent pop that at precisely the right moment always made me giggle through the rage.

Home Turf just increased the Pet Rage, but I recall Pet Rage being around long before that. This one time at band camp, this one league people would run when the see was running 3 Sorcs with pets and a Gadget troller with pet. Talk about pet rage...seeing similar setups to that happened a lot. Then they'd all pop Spooky Jack or Boo trinkets.
    Home Turf just allowed those players already crutching on pets to fulfill their Pokemon Master destinies, but the problem was already there.

I wonder if the population at large just weren't seeing it as much until the Lair Battle feat grind started.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kroye Loyal Player

Looks like armories are OUT for pvp.

QQ

Edit; the exact wording is:..."can't be activated in pvp combat", but I'm not sure if that means you can use them inside arenas as long as you're not in combat. I assume not.
    • Like x 1
  15. Zypher New Player

Complexity comes from strategy, good players and teamwork. You don't need pets, hometurf or whatever other nonsense is on it's way out. This is player versus player.

Let's keep it that way.
    • Like x 2
  16. Horrorshow New Player

TY. ;/ Here is another player that I know has been around as long as I have. <3
  17. Miss Martiam New Player

Uh Imo, theres WAY too many slots for consumeables and trinkets, I'd op for like 1 trinket slot, 1 consumeable

If anything it Needs to be simplified, so it doesn't get so messy , and they've already gone one step close by eliminating hometurf in death arenas.
    • Like x 2
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

At least I know someone else shares my view on it :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Giggles Loyal Player

Tex's video IS official. Spytle himself asked him to record it. I wasn't lecturing your English, just your improper use of words you do not grasp the definition of. Yeah, typo's happen, especially when you are using tablets, but either way, grats, you can copy and paste a definition, and pretend to understand it's true meaning.

I have news for you, all MMO's are a work in progress. Hence why things change constantly. they said it is coming, so again it is only a matter of time. I have all the credibility of this video. That was Tunso talking in it LOL, along with Spord, and Spytle in the back ground.

I can see you have trouble admitting when you are wrong, but again, I am for HT in PvP, and since I am for HT, your entire argument with me means nothing, it just makes you look like you have difficulties in the reading comprehension department. You should really stop making yourself look worse with each and every post, and just accept that I am not against you in this thread. :)

Since you brought it up, yeah, you did use credibility improperly as well. If I was just saying this was going to happen and had no proof, then yes, your use of the word would be correct. However seeing as I have a video of Tunso and Spord explaining this stuff to us in the video, and this stuff actually in the works, that is the very definition of credibility, the creators of our game telling us what they are planning. The video is credible because it was the devs explaining to us it is coming some time down the line. ;)

Just accept the fact I am here defending HT with you, and focus on those in here like Horrorshow and Zypher that prefer cookie cutter PvP instead of PvP with depth. ;)
  20. Giggles Loyal Player

Right Zypher, and with HT items, you can create new strategies and better assist your team, which proved to be too strong in death matches which is why they were removed from death matches. HT is tools you can use to force your opponents to overcome. It is still player vs player because it is the player creating the supply drop, accomplice, henchmen, orbital strike, etc.

So you are wrong. I am afraid I am going to have to say this to you, yet again... Adapt or die. HT was rightfully removed from death matches, but they are an integral part of PvP, and add depth to PvP as a whole. If you don't like it, you and Horrorshow can just go scrimmage, and both of your problems are solved. Just because you lack the ability to overcome HT does not mean it should be removed, it means you need to adapt or move on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.