Stop simplifying Arenas

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Gargamond, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giggles Loyal Player

@Gargamond

Since you are getting off topic, let's try and get back on topic. HT belongs in PvP. I consider the HT trinkets to be both PvE and PvP trinkets, not just classify it into one sub category of the game, since we can use them in both PvE and PvP. I also rather enjoy using HT in PvP, and hope it is never completely removed.

Try to use the word "failed" in a complete sentence next time. You said I failed, but never elaborated what I failed at? How does someone misuse such a simple word? Yet you say I am a bad writer? LOL. That is quite the contradiction.

What exactly did I fail at again? Try to stay on topic in your own thread. :)
  2. MisterKiss New Player

Rather than simplifying arenas they have made them more skill based by removing HT from the deathmatch arenas. Scrubs cannot rely on their sidekicks and supply drops to beat someone better then them that does not use this junk. This little thread you have going here is empty. You are complaining because you have probablly been too reliant on these devices.... maybe you should just work on your mechanics. Arenas should be a pvp grounds where the skill of the player is shown through counters. Someone using the scapegoat of supply drop or sidekicks after they get countered in order to be equal or survive the scenario is rather noob.
    • Like x 1
  3. Gargamond Dedicated Player

I defeated people all the time while they used HT trinkets, so I really don't know what you are talking about. Also, HT trinkets don't upscale with gear, so with each additional tier of pvp gear, they matter less and less. I don't see what the problem is, other than people being too lazy to earn marks of triumph. Then again, I doubt some of the people who play pvp exclusively have the ability to work as a team long enough to beat the raids which give the highest triumph rewards at all.
  4. Kroye Loyal Player

Good thing you have the word "some" in there. I believe that PVP at it's highest level does take quite a bit of teamwork. That's not to say that all folks who pvp exclusively can work well with a team, but many do.

Until very recently, I'd have said the same about PVE.
    • Like x 2
  5. Gargamond Dedicated Player

You are using the word soon because of your over active imagination. You have not presented any hard evidence that HT trinkets are purchased with pvp marks at this time, because there is none.

If you supported HT trinkets in Arena pvp, you would support lifting the ban on HT in deathmatches. You don't. You support HT in Capture the Flag and King of the Hill, which are only part of Arena pvp. Like all your posts before, only part of what you are saying is actually true in reality. As I said before, you are on the fence on the issue.
    Actually, that was a complete sentence. Anyone with even so much as a junior high education can see that. It has a subject, and auxiliary verb, and a verb. English is my native language, buddy. I know a lot ore about it than you do, obviously.

And yes, comments like that only prove you are not only a bad writer, but you also have over estimated your mastery of the English language.

To be fair, you have failed time and again to redeem your mistaken post, to show any inkling of reason, to provide any concrete evidence to support anything you have said in this thread, and to show any mastery of the English language.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=inkling

I posted a link to the definition of "inkling", because I already know you have never encountered that word before.
  6. Kroye Loyal Player

You guys should just agree to agree.
    • Like x 2
  7. Gargamond Dedicated Player

We don't agree.

I support HT trinkets in deathmatches and all other Arenas, and Giggles only supports them in King of the Hill and Capture the Flag. He also made a mistake in one of his earlier posts by stating all pve should be removed from pvp and later omitted HT trinkets from that statement, even though they are CLEARLY pve trinkets at this time.

Giggles also will not admit that HT trinkets are not pvp trinkets yet by using the argument that since they are usable in pvp, that they are pvp trinkets as well, which is a fallacy because we can bring pve armor and weapons into Arenas as well. By that logic, traces in time would also be pve/pvp gear, which isn't true, according to community standard.

Giggles is just another player who suffers from denial and constantly debates for the sake of arguing, and I don't agree with that philosophy at all. I believe in logic and reason.

I'm just thankful that there are people like you, Kroye, who understand logic and reason, in this thread.

I'm glad you caught that detail, Kroye. That makes all the difference in the fundamental logic of my statement. Here's a player for whom I would never have to draw a Venn diagram.
  8. Dump Truck New Player

I'm gonna disagree with everyone here. However, while my leaguemate and I can and do sometimes disagree, we can do it respectfully and we understand some issues you take a league stance and others can be a personal stance.

I think all DLC content, with the exception of powers, that are not pvp centric - meaning Last Laugh excluded, should be removed from all of PVP due to an unfair advantage versus F2P and premium players. This includes HT trinkets, HT mods, and... yes.... pve gear. I do think trinkets such as Boo, Snowman, Death Seed, etc. should be in pvp as they are seasonal and not DLC related... the devs should balance these out and bring them back IMO.

However, I have always preferred the OLD school PVP before the immunities when Moon Base was a TDM map.... the best TDM map.

They also should bring back FOS in Arenas... thats my favorite map ATM.
    • Like x 1
  9. Giggles Loyal Player

@Gargamond

The only one with an active imagine is you. The video with devs saying that it is a feature they intend on adding is real, there is nothing to imagine, it is posted all over this thread. Hopefully you will turn of the selective listening as well as selective reading and you too will grasp the idea. All delusions

We do agree, you just have your blinders on. We are both for HT, yet you continue to argue about something we are both in favor of. Regardless, if you misunderstood, or I just wasn't clear enough for you in particular, I have clarified my statements for you, and others can see we are both for HT. I'll stress again, I am not your enemy here. :)

I already know you are upset about HT not being allowed in death matches and armories not being allowed in PvP. Don't sweat it, it could be worse. The devs are never going to fully remove HT from PvP, they don't want to have another DLC to become useless like the Last Laugh. So I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Breathe.

Even with the definitions you continue to look up, you are using those words improperly. It is just making you look bad. I'll post my proof right below for you, yet again. Maybe you will actually listen to the devs voices and actually read the slides at 29:35 of the video. This video isn't an inkling of proof, it is the very definition of proof. ;)

10. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Giggles, what you still fail to realize is that video is proof you are wrong when you say that your logic is sound and you are a reasonable writer. It's a lackluster presentation, at best. Even Tunso himself obviously didn't take it seriously. It was written in an in professional manner, and delivered to you by a private player who doesn't even work for SOE. The content of the video hasn't happened. It's a pipe dream, and you are behaving as though the changes Tunso spoke of have already been made.

As far as my vocabulary, I'm glad I could teach you a little bit about my native language. You're welcome. I used all those words in the proper context. I was happy to educate you, son.
  11. Giggles Loyal Player

@Garglemond

You do realize in that video Tunso was not reading off anything, he was explaining in his own words what each bullet point was in detail. If you knew how Power Point slide presentations worked, you'd know the slides are just something to help people follow along. You do also realize that many of those changes were added with GU33?

Regardless of who recorded it, Spytle thanked the person for recording it and posting it for everyone to see. That alone right there, shows that the devs support what was said. Again, I am not your enemy in regards to Home Turf, I like you am pro HT. I just find it funny you continue arguing with me because you misread my earlier posts.

"Good vocabulary" is not misusing simple words like "proof", and "obscure". You misused many others, but that would make this post WAY too long. ;)
  12. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Thanks for mentioning the words "proof" and "obscure", two of the many words I have used in absolutely appropriate context in this thread. The obscure video you posted several times in this thread is not well known, because it was not recorded nor posted by an SOE employee. The fact that it was not posted by an SOE employee, by definition, makes it unofficial and obscure. Not only that, but the PowerPoint presentation therein was put together in such an unprofessional manner, that it's laughable. Belief in its content only makes you look ignorant and naive.

Your little video is garbage. Find an official SOE source of information that proves your false theory that HT trinkets are not pve trinkets. Also, try to live in the present version of the real world, where HT trinket rent is paid with marks of triumph, rather than your vividly realistic future fantasy land where HT rent is paid with marks of valor. Get real.
  13. Giggles Loyal Player

@Garglemond

So according to you all announcements the devs make are not real proof that any changes or additions are being made to our game and they are also obscure announcements? What? LOL

As I showed you clearly, almost everything mentioned there was in GU33. Actually that video is the very definition of proof, and FAR from obscure. There is nothing obscure about SOE Live, and it does not get anymore official than SOE Live. You are wrong again, kiddo. ;)
  14. Gargamond Dedicated Player

@Gaggles
    Announcements? Lol. That's funny, little boy. If it were an announcement, the video would have been released by a DCUO developer, and would have come from the announcements section of this forum, or the official DCUO YouTube channel.
  15. Giggles Loyal Player

The video has the DCUO devs in it, "announcing" their plans for PvP. The devs asked Trex to record and post it for all of us to see, Spytle even thanked Trex in thread it was originally posted in. It doesn't get anymore official than Tunso and Spord explaining their plans for PvP for over and hour, with a pretty slide show to go with it, and that is also the exact opposite of obscure. ;)
  16. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

/shrug Patch notes sure do seem much more official to me. As far as i'm concerned until I see patch notes they are just words.
    • Like x 1
  17. Giggles Loyal Player

Everything in that video has come out with GU33, except the HT Jammers, and HT upgrades with PvP currency. If they said it is coming out, it will. Haven't you ever heard the phrase "Patience is a virtue"? ;)
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Cause plans never change mhm....nothing ever gets forgotten or left out...

Haven't actually heard HT jammers mentioned in quite some time... what's the word on that? ever gonna happen? Even worth doing now that HT is removed from Deathmatches?
    • Like x 1
  19. Giggles Loyal Player

I personally would not mind more options. So I think HT jammers still have a place in the game should they ever decide to add them. They did however say the HT Jameers were just ideas. They said they wanted to give us all other ways to use PvP currency, so adding them for use with HT upgrades was something they want to do, along with mods, which we just received in GU33. So I'm sure it is coming at some point.

I will admit, if it happens or not, it does not matter to me, I am always capped at 50k MoT. This just for all the people who can't seem to adapt, and need to make an excuse as to why they do not have HT. If it does get added to our game, then those people have no excuse any longer. That is why I am really hoping it gets added. However, as it explained, if it doesn't happen it's no skin off my back. :)
  20. 478874 Dedicated Player

Giggles, why do you take back handed shots at people who don't prefer HT trinkets in Arena? Listen, you make some compelling points, but clearly you are an outlier even among outliers. Were you not the first with the new PvP set, having 50K MoT stashed at all times isn't ordinary, let me assure you. Obviously you're a very accomplished player but such distinctions also probably means that you won't empathize with the opinion or the experiences of the masses. Your commentary in this thread does nothing to dispel that.

At the end of the day, whether removing HT is simplifying arenas or not, is really not the discussion. PvP among relatively evenly matched groups tends to yield low knockout counts, and especially so among teams rocking maxed HT trinkets. The general consensus seems to think that's not fun, and the change has been made, really that's the bottom line.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.