Stop simplifying Arenas

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Gargamond, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Arenas are becoming too simple. We already are barred from using most trinkets in deathmatches. What is my utility belt for if I can only use a breakout trinket and consumables?

Arenas are becoming so simple, they are almost like Legends. With the current nerfing trend, eventually we will only be able to use powers and weapon combos. That's no fun! I need more things in my rotation! Trinkets, soders, consumables. Keep it complex, please. Otherwise it is too boring.

And don't you dare ever think about taking armories out of Arenas. That adds a whole new layer of complexity to arenas.
    • Like x 5
  2. IdontDps Committed Player

im waiting for the hardcore pvpers to come and rage at you and im scared o_O
    • Like x 1
  3. Gargamond Dedicated Player

I don't scare easily.
    • Like x 3
  4. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Truth be told the "hardcore" pvpers have almost destroyed pvp in this game with the constant crying about weapons/powers and the other stuff that have unfortunately seeped over to the pve side of the game if you look pvp has gotten so bad that there having to go back and change some of the stuff the "hardcore" crowd cried for just to get people to play it .
    • Like x 3
  5. Zpirit Dedicated Player

"pvp has gotten so bad that there having to go back and change some of the stuff the "hardcore" crowd cried for just to get people to play it " Like what exactly?

ATM There is nothing left in arenas that should be taken out. Pet, form changing, and healing/power giving trinkets have been taken out for the most part. They are getting rid of the lockouts, and the only thing left for them to do really is to remove the 2 seconds that you are forced to stay on the ground after being counter/interrupted/bb. Then pvp will be back to it's former glory but with some major improvements.
    • Like x 4
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I take it this is a complaint about HT being removed from deathmatches? If so...:rolleyes:
    • Like x 5
  7. Gargamond Dedicated Player

When home turf came out, some people cried and cried to get HT trinkets out of arenas. Spytle said "no way". Now here we are, less than a year later, and what happens? No HT in death matches because of qq threads. I have never really complained about arenas until now. And I want my voice to be heard.

Stop simplifying arenas. Keep it complex. Stop this rediculous nerfing trend. Restore Arenas to its former glory of no restrictions.
  8. Mistress of Magic Well-Known Player

ridiculous*
    • Like x 2
  9. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Restrictions in Arenas are what's rediculous. I can ridicule that all day.
  10. aganusn New Player

I consider myself a hardcore pvper and I don't care either way. I PVP because it's fun, barebones or not. Well, except for the transform lag on PS3, but that's another story.

I would only suggest different modes of PVP, similar to the menu on a multiplayer COD screen.

You would have one menu that was matches with no trinkets etc, other modes where you can use everything. You get the point.
    • Like x 2
  11. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Right. When people don't want trinkets, there should be an option in scrimmage that will allow them to restrict trinkets, and play scrimmage. Not the other way around. Arenas were fun when they were unrestricted. Now it's actually kind of boring for me, and it looks like other players want Arenas to be even more boring.
  12. Yallander Loyal Player

HT is what "simplified" arenas. Players no longer had to know their role, play as a team or understand combat mechanics to win. Just run as a high DPS build, pop out sidekick for support damage/healing/power, Supply drop if you are going down, or even use a high level soder (which players only obtain via rare drops in high level content or have ALOT of cash for the recipes w/o someone giving them out.) It lost the flair of true player vs player combat and became a spam of who farmed the most stuff and had the most trinkets to spam.

I'm sorry if you find that fun you can still use all that in scrimmages. The discrepancy in gear, trinkets, mods, soders, etc is what has been driving new blood away from PVP and the devs are finally wising up to that fact.
    • Like x 9
  13. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Hahah.... +100 to Yallander's post above ^... I'm sorry but all Home Turf did for Arenas is make them easier and "simplified" them down so people like YOU can do well in them without actually having to be good at the game's mechanics.

Home Turf is a crutch. What does a crutch do? It simplifies walking to make it easier for the people who are having a hard time walking. It gives them something to lean on. Home Turf didn't make anything more complicated, it made it less complicated. Learn how to kite? Nah.. We can just pop a Supply Drop and heal, no need to learn. Taking damage too fast, learn how to block LoS to stop taking hits? Nah... Just use Henchmen to split damage and not have to move because that's too much work. Learn how to work around your role's limitations with practice? Nah... Just bypass the role limits with some Tactical Mods.

If you thought that Home Turf made PvP complex.... Lol good luck.
    • Like x 4
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

You can have your own opinion, I disagree though, and many people on these forums do too as you've stated.

I think their solution was pretty great honestly. You can still use it in the majority of maps, but just not the deathmatches. I like it. Personally I would have liked a removal of it completely, but I can accept this compromise.
    • Like x 4
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Also as others are saying, HT dulled the differences between roles. Play a Troller? Well drop a sidekick and you now have heals, add in supply drop and regenerative shielding, that's a lot of heals all added from HT.
    • Like x 1
  16. Doc Holliday New Player

Hardcore PvPers is the only reason why we have nerfs in this game whether it be powers or weapon nerfs.

They effect PvE content and it's getting old.
    • Like x 3
  17. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Funny, because most weapon, content, and power nerfs come from scoreboard QQers when they can't top the PvE charts.

Explain how the removal of Home Turf from PvP TDM is affecting PvE?
  18. Kroye Loyal Player

Whirling Dervish, yo.
  19. Horrorshow New Player

You know where I stand with you, Garamond. I think this entire post is coming from someone who probably likes to PVE more than PVP. The impression I get is that you would rather PVE and PVP be together and people use whatever they want. That is essentially what PVP arenas was a few years ago. Trinkets were being abused just as much as PVE gear is now. Eventually they are going to get a public uproar about removing all forms of PVE content from PVP arenas. Even a lot of avid PVErs I know agree that the two game types should be different. They don't want PVP mechanics in their content as much as we don't want PVE content in ours.

- 1 for a thread that makes no sense.
    • Like x 2
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Hmm, latest big nerf to happen is the 1h nerf on test... which the biggest complaints were in reference to PVE... hmm...

Nerfs happen because things are out of balance and need adjustments.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.