Stats Revamp: Power Costs

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I agree but.. As an electric player ive been waiting about 3 years for this update.. im sick of waiting till its our time.. I want the DOTs loadout variety.. Nature always been Dot based as well and should remain as DOTs as an OPTION as well.. Im really hoping the devs arent about to give 14 powersets all burst loadouts updates.. thats just silly.. i want the devs to get it right, ill patiently wait if the varietywill be done right. but i agree with u for the most part..
  2. mousy New Player

Wondering why power cost scales with combat rating rather then with a stat. Seems that if stats matter the power cost should scale off the stat that determines the powers damage.
    • Like x 1
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Power cost is a basic stat in the same way as Defense, Might etc and scales with CR just like they do. The only difference is that you can't invest in power cost. In a way, power cost already scales with the Power stat since more Power means lower relative power costs.
  4. mousy New Player

but those stats are not influenced by cr and how it is set up now going from cr 171 too 172 increases the power cost of a medium power cost power by around 700 when the gear piece changed only increases your power pool by 386 if stats matter cr shouldn't
  5. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

And what do you think determines how much Defense is on a piece of gear if it's not Item Level (aka CR)?
  6. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

No i think youre confused.. CR IS ONLY A MEASURE OF your gear progression.. attached to these gear(item levels) are the stats.. So the higher your Cr level the higher your stats increase.. Self explanatory

Cr as of "NOW", ONLY matters in terms of damage output and damage mitigation(how much dmg u put out and how much dmg u can take).
    but CR wont be the Primary deciding factor anymore after the stat revamp per se. Your stats will be more important when it comes to damage output and damage mitigation. Stats and CR can work hand in hand, sort of like your left foot and right foot. Its hard to really distinguish the two uniquely when they work together. The ONLY TIME someone Cr may not TOTALLY matter is if a Character has a lower CR but has a HIGH amount of SP(skill points)

Example: 130cr 70sp 9000might
    vs 120 150sp 9300might.. Technically speaking the guy with the HIGHER SP should be doing more dmg, if they are both doing the same rotations and using the same powers..BUT!!!! the guy with the HIGHER CR "MAY" mitigate dmg much better bcuz the 130cr most likely has a higher DEFENSIVE stat.. So in that case, CR does not MATTER when it comes to DMG output, but can be beneficial for dmg mitigation(left foot right foot). CR MAINLY shows that the character with 130cr progressed further into the game than the character with a 120cr.. NOW..

Power cost CAN scale with your max power stat... if a move in my loadout cost 350 of my TOTAL power pool then it will always use 350 of my power pool no matter how many times i increase my power stat.. Im pretty sure all this can be explained a bit better by the devs.
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

About power cost... Is there any chance that you could make it so that breaking out of something (stun, root etc.) not cost any power or less than what it does cost. This would probably be very helpful to combo players.
  8. Fies Committed Player

Could you plz increase out-of-combat regen in general?
  9. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

To be fair there is already a Proficiency that doubles out of combat regen, although it could easily be twice as much as that without being broken.
  10. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I think that Weapon buffs should be moved to Medium power costs since these dont deal direct damage. The Prec buff should be active for whole 12sec even if that means reducing it by 50%.
  11. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Weapon buffs are already medium costs since Friday's hotfix.
    I agree that they should be able 12 seconds even if their magnitude is lowered. Having them like they are now just means low reliability and high variance. If you get cc'd or countered or your target moves out of range for a second, your buff is basically wasted. Making it 12s duration with 12s cooldown means we can keep it up all the time and getting a combo interrupted doesn't negate the whole impact of the buff.
    • Like x 2
  12. supalova20 Well-Known Player

Seriously Devs WIRED or the weapons buff should last the whole 12seconds cool down.....
  13. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

exactly.. These power cost is too extreme... i understand the devs are trying to promote 2-2-2-2 groups.. But this can be easily solved by addin more mechanics to these content that require it. Players shouldnt be penalized bcuz of the lack of mechanics

For example:
    Vexer in L&W (troll mechanic)
    Shades in throne (tank mechanic)
    bombshell paradox (healer mechanics)

i can go on and on.. Playing test server(elec dps) solo missions and running out of power after 3-4 moves is crazy.. lower the power cost.. if u want to see the loadout and rotation i was doin and explanations check the other pages, with my full breakdown.. im starting to worry about this going live.. make electric great again.. but other than that.. stats matter seems fine vs npc. my brain is wired to gettin mandled by the npc if im 5-7 cr lower than them. lol
  14. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I don't think they intend for you to have it active 100 percent of the time. It's not that way on live and it shouldn't be on here either. Although I think it should last longer.

It should last 12 seconds with a 16 second cool down. That would give you time to put out good damage and keep the theme of not having it active 100 percent of the time
  15. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Weapon/Power buffs like Wired, Inspiration, etc... on Live last the entire duration of the cool down.
    • Like x 1
  16. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i think wired cool down.. should be 8 sec since the buff only last 6 secs, i think that could work.
  17. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Do they? I thought they cut out a few seconds before the cd is up?
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

It's a lose/lose situation with Power the way it is right now.
    If you sacrifice Might for Power, the damage suffers; but you can keep doing love taps.
    If you sacrifice Power for Might, you may get 2 good shots in if you're lucky, but then have to go into panic mode to generate Power.
    Either way it's not fun at all. And either way, you come out with about the same amount of total damage.
    So the Stats don't really matter; as Power is broken.
    • Like x 2
  19. bmce84 Loyal Player

And AF3 content still fells like the differential is in place at 175 with 170 SP and pretty much everything but the TC gear mods, I thought the point of this was so you wouldn't need the highest CR to play, yet at the suggested and 170 SP something is way off, I even had to use the power regen chest mod and even so I still run dry on boss fights on solos.
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Just logged in real quick to triple check Swift and they do in fact last 12 seconds on Live.

12 second buff with a 12 second cool down.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.