Stats Revamp: Power Costs

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

And, most buffs are a lot cheaper while buffing a given stat. For the current power cost, they should last a full 12 seconds or give us a PI. I know this seems to go against the standardization they are trying to implement but I don't even bother with them on my test toons.
  2. supalova20 Well-Known Player

Dude....on live the buff on WIRED does go the whole 12 seconds....just like WARPED REALITY too...you didn't know? but not a bad idea of 12 second tick 16 second cooldown though.....ijs
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say it "feels like the differential is in place?"
  4. Karasawa Loyal Player

Just speaking for myself here but when I get one-shot by an exploding pengbot in the Iceberg Lounge solo while wearing 166 gear I do sometimes have to reassure myself that there's no CR differential anymore and that I can beat it if I try a little harder. Then again I had never played that solo before on Live so I have no idea if they're supposed to be one-shotting you.

Also, there's a general sense that our characters feel nerfed on Test as compared with Live. I do like some of the stat revamp changes, but in general I feel weaker so that probably contributes to this feeling like there's a CR differential or some other system working against me.
  5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i don't know about the Cr, but for the penguin i think that was a mechanic in that solo that may have to be change considering one shots are suppose to be gone
  6. bmce84 Loyal Player

Content feels just like it does on live at the same level but this time with stats in place, which is an issue. Bosses have a lot of health and deal considerable damage in T8. And it's not just AF 3, I'm seeing the same issue in the Iceberg Lounge solo, Pengbot has a lot of health and hits hard when you are 175 with 170 SP and VIII mods. I haven't had the chance to get better gear that much because there hasn't been much people on when I play, but still I'm considerably stronger than an Ep 25 solo boss and it still gives me trouble. And as others mentioned HT trinkets are lifesavers, back ups and orbitals are needed almost all the time. All this on top of jumping through hoops for power, I had to sacrifice SP and some gear mods to help with power regen because it's easy for adds or bosses to overpower you in an instant.

I'm running this:
    Electric DPS
    CR 176
    Might/Power VIII mods on reds and yellow and Power/Dominance on Blue
    Full crits and 100 Sp on Might 100 Sp on Power.

I understand having issues if I had 100 SP and V mods, but I'm as close to high end as the server allows without the missing component of vendor gear.
    • Like x 1
  7. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Then I see no reason it should change
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I think has to do with how the content was designed around quick burn. On live I could complete any of the solos (except hal needs help that one is insane) at level because you could burn fast enough. Now that we can't the damage output the boys have is significantly higher and their health makes it impossible to complete. So you have to out gear the xontent when we should be able to complete it starting. I am not talking raids herd but solos and duos are painful at level right now on test.
    • Like x 1
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

If it's the pengbots in the last room, play from the center of the room.
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Listen power before AM's was a issue and now that AM's are gone its a issue again especially with the changes to trolling so why don't we just lower power costs? All of the problems of power consumption and trolls being batteries could have all been fixed with the reduction of power cost and adjusting vit correctly. Stop Making things difficult for yourselves...stop changing the core game and wasting time and just do things logically and correct already.
    • Like x 3
  11. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I've been thinking a bit how much power management needs to be made easier. In my opinion it would be appropriate if any role could play from tray with 1 medium cost power for every 2 cheap powers OR 1 expensive cost power for every 3 cheap powers if they spec properly. That means half Power mods in at least 8 out of 10 slots (leaving two for affinity), 4 Power generator mods and most SP into Power with all crits unlocked and equal number of SP and CR.
    For fast combo clipping I think a ratio of 2:3 medium to cheap powers or 1:1:2 expensive and medium to cheap powers should be achievable with the same spec. This would make playing from tray possible reasonably early and would also leave room for high-end players to spec for even more Power and make fast rotations with more expensive powers.

On a side note, Power was a terrible choice for a stat in a game with super powers. Why couldn't you guys call it stamina or energy? :rolleyes:;)
    • Like x 2
  12. SkullGang Devoted Player

There is a power consumption scale according to CR right ? Or at least something in that regard.
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

skullgang- it appears to be something like that. I would like to test some theories but I'm getting testing fatigue.
  14. The_fair_1 Committed Player

So far it feels as if you need very low power consumption moves in solo content to be able to hold your own, but in 4-player^ trolls are now really having to push power to allow DPSes to truly maximize damage. Trolls are more needed for power pushing then before... It would work better if we recieved more power back from attacks when there is no troll in a group, that way loadouts can flow easier. Also trying to spread PI can be difficult with the power costs and small aoe and the good PI appliers have too large of cool downs (This is just personal dislike)
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

Not sure if this is an accurate test but I quickly tried something.
    At 174 I did
    Arc Lightning
    Tesla Ball
    Electrogenisis
    Electrocute
    Shockwave x5

That depleted my power bar. I dropped down to 18 and repeated the rotation and I was able to spam Shockwave till everything was off cool down and still had enough power to do the whole rotation a second time. Fully modded Might and Power VIII with 70 SP in power.

Edit: Just tried it with no gear on and I could do that rotation 4-5 times without running out of power.
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Why not just adjust weapon Regen?
    Controllers now give auto pot and have a kind of strict cooldown on their power dump.
    It only makes sense to adjust weapons.

I will test each weapon out because at a glance they seem put of whack in damage and power regen capabilities.
    Longer weapon combos aren't really regenerating more power than shorter combos.

Also to give the guys who want to play from the tray a bone, why not just decrease power costs?
    It just makes sense. It wouldn't promote playing without a controller. Just would make things a bit easier.
  17. Harlequin Devoted Player

I ran it on my cr166 test toon and they didn't one-shot me. Two of them going off ghosted me, sure, but not one. You just have to pay attention to your surroundings and burn the boss before you get overwhelmed by them. It's a soft enrage.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Removed the back-and-forth pettiness. Please ignore each other via forum ignore.

Re: differential. CR differential means you are feeling equal to, stronger than, or weaker than the enemy you are fighting because the game is comparing your equipped combat rating to the enemy's level. No CR differential means you are feeling equal to, stronger than, or weaker than the enemy you are fighting because of your stats compared to the enemy's stats. Just so we're speaking the same language.

If you're feeling too weak generally, that's good feedback. If you're feeling too weak specifically in certain pieces of content, please post in the appropriate tier thread with details about what you're playing and your character's setup. If a certain mechanic seems too powerful (one-shotting you), please post in the tier threads as well.

Posting in the tier threads will enable the content team to address outliers in the content, and the systems team is reviewing all such comments for larger trends. Thanks!
    • Like x 4
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yep, just pay attention to the mechanics of the instance. If you know the bots blow up and kill or almost kill you move. Some things should still one shot you or close to so there's a level of difficulty, but if you follow the mechanics correctly you'll be fine. It's ok to block once in a while lol

Following mechanics is always something people mistake for being to difficult.
  20. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

At level it would red screen you if you had damage on you, or two bots and dead. But it shouldn't be a 1shot at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.