Stats Revamp 1.7

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwill Committed Player

My point is : I (and players like me) spent A LOT OF TIME (some would say worked really hard) getting those 320+ sp, I should be allowed to put them in whatever stat( for example might and power) I want, not to be forced to put them another stats(like health...) coz one stat is capped already at 175 sp.

We've been having that for more than 5 years now, developers can do better than that now, with stats matter (by increasing the cap).
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

If i may ask for really wanting to know, why would you want power with your Precision? As a Hybrid Player youll be speccing both into Might and Precision or more heavily into one or the other depending on your rotation and Power. With Hybrids getting Power Regen from Weapon attacks, it should be easy to unload your abilities then use your Weapons to regen your Power and unload your abilities once more.
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

The dps spec into health thing is.....silly imo. Couldnt think of the right word but i guess silly will do :p We should have options and if someone wants to spec more power they should be able to. They shouldnt have to spec health because some other player(s) want it that way. What happened to variety/options? I also wonder why a dps needs so much health when so many on here seem to want 2-2-2-2. So why would a dps be taking so much dmg with 2 tanks and heals in the group?

Fatal u even said non tank roles arent getting hit as hard as they are on live. So they need extra health why? And healers arent gonna heal thru 1 shots. Or rapid multi hits that do big dmg. No extra health from sp is gonna save someone from that. What i see is someone who wants options and a few others telling em nope u gotta do it this way, our way. Also, how many dps melee? I mean actually melee? Most dps players, and i mean every dps player out there when i say, do dmg around mid range. Dps should spec into more health so they can stand with their hand in the boss's pocket? :confused:

And like with other revamps i see 1 big concern. And i dont say this to be rude or start an argument or any of that. I say it cause i want the game to improve. The concern is i see people testing and giving feedback that barely play or only play on test mainly. Does that mean their opinion doesnt matter? Not at all. But i think its hard to take seriously when someone doesnt have the experience or might not know the basics. I know i question the opinion when i see it. I also wonder how the devs differentiate that feedback.

I wanna say too that i greatly disagree with the let low sp players catch up statement. If someone has low sp they should go grind out the feats like the rest of us had to do. They shouldnt be brought up to the same level for "reasons." This is total nonsense imo. That kinda stuff is why long time hardcore players feel slighted.

1 more thing. How can it be said to test with full gear/gen mods when players will increase CR and stats faster then they can craft those mods when content goes live? What crappy said about this is spot on. I really hope this revamp has at least a few more builds before it goes lives. Everyone has stated let the devs take their time and get it right. Well clearly there are some issues still. Lets not rush things. Please make sure everything is correct before this goes live.
    • Like x 2
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You're misunderstanding completely. No one is saying we should be forced to spec health. We're saying it's not a bad thing to spec into when you max out on might and have extra SP you need to dump, and I gave examples of why it wouldn't be a bad idea. Why are people thinking I'm saying we NEED to spec into health? It's simply another option like everything else.
  5. Mighty Committed Player

Yeah, I don't think you understand, like at all, what this conversation is about.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah I think it's time to back out of this thread. Too many things misinterpreted, twisted, and taken the wrong way it's creating a hostile environment filled with people replying to and quoting something they don't fully understand, it's not even worth discussing anymore.

Devs, just please consider removing mods and skill points as factors from the power cost scaling, that's all I'm gonna say.
    • Like x 3
  7. mexmex Dedicated Player

What will it be the main reason, to go for More SP after let's say 200 as DPS If we are already cap at 175 in might and power? DOESNT THAT just make stats revamp obsolete already.
    As a controller I get it we can spec full vit dom and might also. From my point of view each role should have at least two main stats to care for otherwise is unfair, honestly there should be a higher cap in each stat, the chase of the feats it is the only reason people will revisit old content, and specially now, with the overflow of top cr with 75 sp players that join the fight a few months ago, already complaining they are bored with nothing to do. If it stay as it is, well stats won't matter for each role after all, at least not after a fix number already reached by a lot of DPS
    • Like x 1
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

NO, even by playing only pfft u will require 250sp to max out but there are also those other dps playstyles like hybrid which could use over 400 sp and getting health for survability is never wrong so u can plan with another 175sp, there is plenty sp to spend.
  9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

The reason why is because maximizing damage wise, you only go into 1 of them for your skill points. Depending on your rotation, yeah you still go prec/might in your mods, but for your skill points doing say 150 in prec, 25 in might or 125/125 or 75prec/100might, something along those lines is not going to be top damage. You'd either be 175sp in precision or 175sp in might but not mixing the two. You'd only have both stats after finishing 175 in one of them and starting the other tree. If it's a weapon mastery hybrid rotation or just a low/edium cost hybrid option that doesn't have a lot of might damage from 200/300+ power cost moves, they'd be 175sp in precision probably. Crappy was doing a ridiculous amount of parsing playing with skill points and mods for elec dps back on 1.6 and I dabbed into it a bit with ice and fire. You can split your stats and be reasonably close but the escalating skill points is what kills it for dps optimization. You'd be taking anywhere from a small to a huge hit on your dps depending on how precision based your loadout is for the sake of power from spec'ing into might. It's a logical decision if you don't care about dps but I don't see players I know making it. They'd rather just play a different way with another rotation.

Competitive hybrid also focuses around short combos and clipping speed which don't return that much power. If you have a 100/200 power cost rotation, then yes, the statement "unload your abilities then use your weapons to regen your power and unload your abilities once more" would be probable, but not when dealing with 200/300+ moves to maximize damage, and the weapon buff is a 300 power cost if they didn't change it which is a huge chunk whenever you use it.
    • Like x 1
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

You do realize that the amount of might and power that you got when they were separate stats is the same the same as it is now that they are one purchased stat, right? So there's no way the Devs will increase the total you can get. The best your whining will get is separating the stats back out (which makes specing difficult for some people to understand, so I doubt that will happen). And no one is saying that might and power are not important for PftT or power leaning hybrid DPS (in fact they are critically important). But 1 shots aren't the only thing that kills you, and again you aren't always in a group instance, or always in a group instance with a tank or a healer, so working on your survivability does improve your character.
    As for me, yes I started as a tank back at the start of 2012 , but I started mostly dpsing around af2. And I currently have enough sp to have all the bottom row stats in every weapon tree on my dps side, so I'm far from a low sp player. I may not have 300 sp yet, but there is no need at this time. Now that I see what I need for to tanking, and how fun it is again, I'm going to start grinding harder for feats, but I'm still going to be fine on the dps side if things stay as they are on test.
    • Like x 1
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

All of this is the main reason​ I said make the stats linear increase instead of expotential. You don't really benefit much until near the 175 mark making split speccing greatly inferior.

(Oops, I'm back in the thread)
  12. Rubsarb Level 30

First off, there is a huge step forward in the latest version on test. It's leaps and bounds better than the previous version.

Now on to my feedback:

Superpower consumption (i.e. tray abilities) is still too high. This seems to more of an issue with how power consumption scales with CR, but that needs to be looked at. Even when my buddy was 201 CR controller on the test server, he could barely sustain a PFTT loadout of rotating 100-200 power cost abilities. The controller with me hit power healing crits of 3k and above and it barely raised my power bar since power consumption seem to increase exponentially as CR increases.

Devs, please look into this. There might not even a problem with power regeneration anymore, or power cost being too high. It could simply be due to the effects of power consumption due to CR scaling.
    • Like x 1
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

I assume u meant with a controller? Cause ya said even when my buddy was 201cr controller he could barely sustain a pftt loadout of rotating....

It sounds like a controller doing a pftt loadout when read at 1st. U meant a 201cr dps with a controller feeding em power correct?
  14. Rubsarb Level 30

Oh yes, thanks for pointing that out. I was the 201 dps and my buddy was a 201 controller
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    WHY DOES HIGH PRESSURE SHARE THE SAME ANIMATION WITH WIRLWIND NOW?
    I know that it is because of activation time and stufF, but come on devs, wirlwind is the worst of all animations...
    please, if you got any love for flight movement, turn it back or make it look like what we have on live, PLEASE!!!
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

ALSO:
    i guess the finishers need one or two ticks more dammage while the channel is hitting... however the cooldown suffers for the time of the channeling allready, making it actually more of a 6 seconds cooldown power (not sure: activating SC generator and compair it with finishers, the finisher seems to have exactly as long as the SC generator to get out of cooldown)... how about weakening the power if targets are over 35%, for giving it two ticks more and with full dammage below the 35% and while not changing its cooldown? just an idea... maybe the way it is is "balanced", but two ticks more would be awesome...
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

As we get closer to the release, i think its time to show the %s when it comes to the values in our abilities. Reverse Engineering is fun and some hate it or like it but when you have an ability that is based off of 2 Stats its a nightmare. There will be the arguments of "those %s need to be increased" but that can come later down the line as Power balancing is and will be an on going ordeal.
    • Like x 2
  18. Surtur Well-Known Player

Yes, the stats & how they are executed need to be posted.
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

how about giving test server invinity colas to all testers? i swear i would do crazy things for having it on live server :D
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

Feedback: All the powers should have only one PI so we can choose freely the abilities that we can use to damage or support.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.