Stats Revamp 1.7

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spack2k Steadfast Player

3) Or they can add Power to any stat in the stat tree, Power to pre, resto, dom, vit etc... having 1 sp increasing always 2 stats.
  2. Maxwill Committed Player

No, that will not motivate please with low sp to get more sp.Giving power with vita or resto will be too much, also no need to get power while using sp in health.
    • Like x 1
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

why not ? i would like to have extra power for battle tanking, why pftT support should not be an option and why should support be forced to put sp into might to get extra power why power only for dps, why wasting sp to spec into power alone would motivate but speccing into power& X not ? so many questions , tune in when Maxwill will give us all the answers!
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

I agree with Spack2k, the PFTT concept should be extended to the support roles having the Power attached on Dominance, Vitalization and Restoration. Although you can do Battle Tank now with Stats Revamp. I did this on JFAn, selecting 175 SP on Might/Power.
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I had a question and I apologize if it has been asked before but:

Why is the 174 OP Ring worst than the 175 Vendor Ring for DPS? On Live the 174 OP Ring is better than the 175 Vendor Ring but in the Revamp the stats are tweaked to where the 175 Vendor Ring is better for DPS than the 174 OP Ring. Is this intended? Because if so it makes the OP Items less desirable to grind out as their time of being best in slot is cut down.
    • Like x 2
  6. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

As you mentioned Power for PftT play style. If you prefer Battle supporting then you anyway need Might or Prec. If you talking about Active supporting then yes, you need only Power(only if you want to spam abilities), but active play style involves the use of counter mechanics, rather than simple spam. Players with low amount SP shouldn't be rewarded the same as players that has high amount SP. So if you want additional stats(especially not for your role), then you need more SP and it's fair enough.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You're so attached to your damn might stat that it's rendering you incapable of seeing any logic. For starters. attaching power to any stat will give people a reason tom spec into other stats after they capped on their primary one, so I don't even know how you think that won't motivate people to farm sp, second, support has an issue with power management at the moment (mainly healers and trolls) and getting power attached to their primary stat will help fix that issue so they're not forced to go split modded to have the same effectiveness in their role as a fully might modded dps does.

Support needs just as much freedom in play style as dps. Scoreboard chasers aren't the only thing that make up the population in this game so if people can stop trying to have everything catered for dps that would be great.
    • Like x 6
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

At this point I guess were going to just have to let the revamp go live how it is so the complainers eat it alive for issues such as this to get fixed. Too many blinded people saying everything is fine. Yes I used to say it's fine support can just spec into might if they want additional power, but after playing them in the revamp, no they're not fine and need power attached to their primary stat.
    • Like x 2
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I feel like the Weapon buff for each powerset should be disabled if you go hybrid/PFTT. That way players won't get the wrong idea to use it, unless they play with the WM setup.
  10. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Not sure how I feel about that. I think you should only hold someone's hand so much. I mean it isn't hard to read the description of a power and go, "Oh okay, that won't work with what I am trying to do so I should not use it.". Also, why would you disable it for Hybrid players? They are going to use their weapons as well. Obviously not as much as say a WM player would but they will still be using it regularly.
    • Like x 3
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Sorry but I have to disagree.
    [IMG]
    Let me put this in perspective: Let's assume I'm going to use Hybrid and I didn't test out the Revamp due to reasons. Considering Hybrid uses weapon combos and powers; I could incorrectly assume that Ice Bash Here would be a good thing to use for Hybrid since it buffs my weapon damage for a short time, when in reality it's actually meant for the WM route. It's not clarified at all.

Edit: Perhaps they could just do that instead, clarify that this ability is meant to work with Weapon Mastery on the description.
    • Like x 1
  12. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

How are weapon buffs only meant for WM? If they were then they could just buff WM damage by 30% and remove the buffs completely? Weapon buffs are a legitimate tool for any weapon rotation, even tap clipping PFT rotations.
    • Like x 3
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

If memory serves, Avair Said the Weapon Buff was one of the Key Markers of the Weapon Focus(Weapon Mastery) Playstyle back in Stats-Revamp 1.3 thread.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stats-revamp-1-3.283783/

[IMG]

And if you think about it, It actually makes sense considering WM would be the only playstyle to have no damage rolling in the background. Or even if you did place a dot or two, it won't be beneficial because WM combos can't be clipped.

Guess I'll need the developers to clarify if this thing is indeed Meant for just WM, I was underneath the Impression the weapon buff was for it.
  14. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

That doesn't say that weapon buffs aren't allowed for hybrid play. Also "WM can't be clipped" isn't completely true because it is by design cast bar clippable. You just need the right timing. Either way a WM rotation can choose to use or not to use powers, and a power heavy rotation can choose to use a weapon buff or not. A hybrid rotation can choose to use a short WM combo or just clip a regular combo. We have this freedom now and I see no need to arbitrarily restrict usage of certain powers again. If weapon buffs turn out to be OP in hybrid rotations then other functionality changes may be needed but they shouldn't be restricted to one style by design.

This is especially necessary because there is no clear line where "weapon focused" ends and "hybrid" begins. If a WM build keeps up Cryo-Field in the background, is it still weapon focused or would you forbid it from using the weapon buff? If a hybrid build uses lots of powers and clips Brawling Hand Clap Shurikens WM in between, is it still hybrid or is it a weapon focused build? If a PFT build clips taps between casts, is it still PFT or is it hybrid?

No need to already restrict powers to ambiguous playstyle definitions. Let the meta regulate itself and then rebalance or fix what doesn't work.
    • Like x 2
  15. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

How about not giving Power with Might either then to "motivate" Power hungry wannabe-PFT DPS to get more SP?
    • Like x 1
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Very well. Seems we're already heading that way anyways, with most things being"fine" on test while I disagree with that. *Sigh* I'm just hoping this doesn't cause the meta to consume more power than they need to.
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

When I play hybrid I always use the weapon buff, why would you not? It makes a good difference in your dps vs using it and not using it. In almost any hybrid build you'd be silly not to use the weapon buff.
    • Like x 1
  18. Maxwill Committed Player

You can have extra power for battle tanking while speccing in might and power.Extra might will help all roles, all powers do more damage since you'll obviously use powers .Because PfTT dpses need alot more power( double or triple) compared to battle tanks which dont have many high powercosts powers to spam.
  19. Maxwill Committed Player

That will make play from the tray dps very hard to impossible+ lower the total damage per rotation ,I tried (btw I don't upload many videos coz of my really low upload speed :0,7mbps) I had to use 2 trollers, omega, energy colas, replenshing adapter, reserve tank and still after about 30 seconds i would run out of power...Now getting power by putting sp into might helps , and having another stats for just power will help abit more, + that's something other roles can use, for example battle tanks (atomic ones especially since thay have to spam combos)
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

How do you feel that would affect trolling? Would trolls still be needed if support stats included power too? I'm asking honestly, I don't know how much power healers are taking up on test right now.

It would be a nice way to supplement and be able to play duos and alerts, but would probably make trolls just as useless as they are now for most things.

Man having trolls makes it so hard to balance anything in this game. Too much CC, we don't need a tank, too little CC don't need a troll, lol. I wish they would just make it where the debuffs were a huge huge difference in the content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.