Stats Revamp 1.7

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

In most other games trolls are usually a stealth class or stun/debuff class. Dcuo is one of the few games that makes their trolls give power.

As for the other thing, healers eat a lot of power, I modded resto/power and still ate through my bar so attaching power to resto wouldn't render trolls useless.

Trolls are basically required to spec into power as well as mod with split vit/power mods, so attaching vit to power wouldn't kill them either.

Tanks are iffy, only atomic and rage really use a lot of power. The other 3 are fine for the most part.
    • Like x 1
  2. planetkiller500 Active Player

It would seem that power would need to be increased in all ways, including some power cost reductions.but thats sound to simple.
  3. Mighty Committed Player

So if I carry a weapon buff as a backup for low-power situations, but I primarily hybrid or PFTT I'm just screwed then? o_O

Edit: Read a little further through the thread and saw you got some pushback on that already. ;)
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

just disregard what I said there. Obviously if people want to use it, then let them.

After all, Crimson was right people are gonna use it and try to make it standard; so in a sense the meta needs to take control before any adjustments are made.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Plus it can still clip things. (Can it still clip things? :O)

Honestly, I don't think of it as a problem that hybrid can use the weapon buff. They are in the middle by design. Have power back based on combos. There isn't really an issue.

I do still think that they should have a bit more balance from the other two styles being brought up somehow. They've done a great job on bringing up the other two already without making Hybrid that much more stronger. I know Hybrid will always be the best, but having the other two inch up is actually making this get better.
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

They only added power because it was the only way to make controllers required for the group makeup. Since, at launch, it was just a lesser DPS and all roles had DPS capabilities.
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

From what i've been testing Combos and pftt have been excelling in most cases. Might damage is king and weapons are so messed up at this point i don't know what their doing to them lol
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So power scaling has showed its ugly head here again with going from 190cr to 201cr. Some powers that i used to be able to use with no power issues now have huge power issues and the power costs haven't changed only my cr.

This really needs to be addressed cause if this is whats gonna happen every time we get new gear things are gonna be super messed up.

We have been saying this for so long but for some reason it keeps getting ignored like its fine, well its not and this needs serious attention. Fix power scaling!!!!!!!
    • Like x 3
  10. Perdition Committed Player

So as it states now then, the more u gear up the harder you get punished? I thought it was about progressing. But gearing up result in bad power which result in overall bad dmg... great.
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Now that they've attached power to might, it should be an easier fix. For dps at least. Support roles are going to have lots of issues unless they add power to support stats too. Problem with that is there would probably be people who would spec into a support stat just for the power bonus.
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

This last update to combos has really took a dump on some combo powers like light and atomic. I honestly think we should not be using this formula for combos and should roll it back to the prior version. Combos all can't be balanced under the same rules cause they all don't work the same. Things were just fine before this change, maybe somethings needed slight damage adjustments but thats it. I know you guys are trying stuff and thats cool but this is just one of the things that you have to say "well that didn't go as planned"

We really need to stop with this blanket formula stuff and balance things separately cause what works for one power or thing might not work for another as we keep seeing time and time again.
    • Like x 4
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

god stand with us if this is the last update before going live
    • Like x 5
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

exactly. it is limiting for powers to be split between two PI's (mental for example: daze and/or terror).
    after the complain for earth (used to be split between dazed and crushed) they made crushed its only Pi,
    wich opened up so many options... now you had allmost doubled the possibilities, wich was a great change!
    maybe all powers should focus on one PI? look at nature: they took away terror and made it poison only.
    why not doing the same thing for every other power aswell? take a look at electro:
    why is it so that electro needs to have polarized and electrifyed at the same time?
    i mean: if at least all bursts would work with both PI's, like some of gadgets powers.... PLEASE devs ^^
    well, gadgets may be a bad example anyways: still hard to find a loadout, the PI's are all over the place...
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

question: how exactly and much does the weapon mastery stat point increase the total dammage of weapon attacks?
    and what happens if one activates the weapon buff with it? does it stack? and if i get the buff from the troll do they all work?
    does the weapon mastery buff stack with your own weapon buff and the trolls weapon buff in addition?

pls, somebody explain that to me, please ^^'
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

17. L T Devoted Player

It seems to be about a 10% increase. And yes I believe everything is intended to stack.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the team.
    • Like x 2
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    how much is the increase for power replenishing if you choose the PFTT stat point?
    it doesn't realy feel like it is enough... if i would need to guess it is around 10% or something...
    however: clipping range taps with weapon mastery seems to replenish faster than this...

it is not cool if players need to choose between those stats, if the description is vaguely like this.
    in the describtion is stated that the weapon stat gives you increased dammage but decreased recovery...
    thats even worse! HOW much is the gain in dammage and HOW much is the decrease, tell it please!

also in the curent abilities, we need that info, and also in the inventory stats menu.
    if it is described like "gives you some of this, bit less of those" it is a blind guess for everyone.
    also: look at the iconic and movement powers: it is only showing numbers in the loadout menu ^^'
    • Like x 1
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

please consider to change back the high pressure animation... its a huge NO! ^^' i am beggin you, devs...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.