Stats Revamp 1.7 - Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Since Shockwave has a bigger cone of attack. Should it be a 300 power cost so it does more damage?
  2. Heart Well-Known Player

Here are few bugs and balance issues I found already from damage abilities... :(

• Abilities that don't split damage at all:
      • Arc Lightning
      • Tesla Ball
    • Electrogenesis:
      • The 2 sparring targets who get the visual effect don't split damage at all but other targets do.
    • Tesla Blast:
      • This ability gets much higher increase in damage from electrified power interaction than other abilities. It looks more of a 25% increase instead of 10%,
    • Balance concern:
      • Tesla Blast is much stronger spammer ability than Overcharge both against a single sparring target and against multiple sparring targets. Why would anyone ever choose Overcharge?
    • Like x 3
  3. Duck X Active Player

Overcharge is hitting much weaker than tesla blast please take a look at the damage overcharge needs a buff
  4. Duck X Active Player

Elctro static bomb needs a slight damage increase. The power cost and cooldown dont suit the damage
    • Like x 1
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

Feedback: Does not need to have two pi for this power, i think that should be only one, or Polarize or Electrify.
    • Like x 1
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

As happens with Earth that have only the Crush PI.
  7. Duck X Active Player

I like it with 2 pi because i have more options for loadouts with it and trying to solve the riddle of making a load out and what pi to use is pretty fun. All they have to do is make both equally strong and everything would be good.
    • Like x 2
  8. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Ok, I avoided testing until everything was on test to ensure there were no excuses from being heard. I'm starting with Sorcery and Nature then going on release order of the others. I've played all of these powers on live and on test and have a lot of experience with the healing role in the games most difficult content. Since this is basically the end of testing phase, until these powers go live I expect some feedback from these posts to understand why certain things are because the state of some of these powers are miles off from being ready.

TL;DR: Doesn't have as many problems as Sorcery and Nature healing, could use some help for some of the niche abilities it has because as they are now they won't be used over some of the other options available to heal with. These niche abilities suffer from the same thing other revamped power sets have, they're too weak compared to the easier to use abilities so why bother using them?

This is the first one out of the four healing power sets that is viable for people to use for Solo Play, it's also now one of the easiest because of the design choices made. Because of this there isn't much feedback I can give to improve this power set because it has mostly everything you need to heal effectively. I do have feedback for some of the niche abilities in this power set because as they are now they wont be used because they're too weak in comparison to the other abilities in the power set.

Electrogenesis - The healing range has been increased which is nice but how it functions is still a nuisance that makes it not worth using, make the aura target the two lowest HP members in the group OR increase the number of auras to 3, there is a lack of consistency using this ability so why would I use this ability when I can use Galvanize instead and achieve a much greater result?

Overcharge - In a pure healing aspect, this ability is really bad because it's really weak (Healing Value) and has a delay (The Explosion). Similar to Sorcery's Soul Bolt (The Travel Time). Despite being able to stack the effect on individual ads it's not worth using in situations where the incoming damage group members take is rapid because for all the stacking your doing isn't nearly enough to cover the damage being taken in raid/tankless situations.

Arc Lightning - Consistency issues with this are still the same as I mentioned in the early versions of the revamp, let this ability target the same person more than once and either increase the range between bounces or increase the number of arcs it does OR allow it to arc to people with full life without consuming the amount of arcing it does.

With so much instant burst available to me I don't see the point in using any of these abilities because they're weaker than the easier options to heal with. It's a common problem between all power sets that have been revamped, situational powers need to be stronger than abilities that are easier to use/ have no prerequisite to be viable to use.
    • Like x 3
  9. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I actually like Electric with two different Power Interactions but they should both be doing the same amount of damage. Not have one stronger than the other.
    • Like x 3
  10. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Problems with electric is that the DOTS are too weak to compete with the BURST loadout.. at 18k might all the DOTS do around 1k-1.9k.. ELECTROCUTE used to be SUPER GOOD, now its average and ELECTROGEN does ALMOST the same amount of damage AS E-CUTE for less power cost..

MY TOON 190cr:
    18563 MIGHT
    175sp MIGHT 60sp crits
    ALL MIGHT OLYMPIAN MODS
    MIGHT GEN MODS/POWER GEN MODS
    HYBRID MASTERY

FEEDBACK: the ONLY WAY make DOTS competitive is to choose 1 of the FOLLOWING:
    • A. Make DOTS become burst DOTS or with FASTER TICKS. Refer to E-bomb.
    • B. bring back ADDITIONAL PI to increase the DOT intensity.. (ELECTROCHARGE PI)
    • C. BUFF DOTS per tick.. its wayyyy too low
    At this rate DOT BASED LOADOUTS will suffer BADLY AGAIN... ITS A MATH GAME
    slow 1k-1.9k TICKS vs BURST moves that can do 6k- 8k dmg per 3sec cooldown

TESLA BALL, 1.3.k-1.6k dmg per tick
    E-CUTE, 1.5k-1.9k dmg per tick
    E-GEN 1k-1.4k dmg per tick

even with ELECTRIC 3 best DOTS giving you almost 1.5k each per tick x3 DOTS = 4.5k per tick VS

BURST who can do 6-8k per 3sec cooldown..
    SHOCKWAVE, e-bomb, arc lightning

EXAMPLE:
    In a 10sec span... 4.5k DOT TICKS = 45k dmg in 10 secs

BURST 6k in 10sec span = 60k dmg in 10secs..

SEE the issue? thats after the DOTS are actually set up too smh.. thats not even taking into account that DOTS have to be laid down first... Not sure why is this soooo hard for the devs get it correctly.. Are we not testing DOTS correctly? Are we missing something?
    • Like x 1
  11. L T Devoted Player

The main problem is that the burst loadout is significantly underperforming the other powers.
  12. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

I think that you guys should have increased the heal on Bio Capacitor as a whole. Eburst was fine imo.

Arc Lightning is a major concern for me because of its arc function. It's wildly inconsistent in healer role in terms of traveling.

Electrogenesis should go to the player with the lowest health by default. That's the only thing that should change.
    This aura still heals 8 players in a 12.5m proximity, which is nice.
    • Like x 1
  13. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I agree with ^, Bio Capacitor on another playthrough seems weak for an 18s CD, reduce it's CD to 12s or increase the healing a lot, I'd prefer the CD reduction. No other ability has an 18s CD.
    • Like x 2
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I think my main concern on balancing damage comes from not knowing how weapons will end up. Fatal Star's weapons thread has some testing how weapons are unbalanced. I tried doing some parses on the good old Haymaker combo clipping with Electroburst and it doesn't really improve on damage much because of the Electroburst CD being much longer than the combo. It still seems better to clip shorter weapon combos with a lower cost power like Overcharge
  15. Hemmy Committed Player

I'm not sure if this has already been covered but the animation for Overchange has the electric beam coming from the wrong hand. (left) while the animation shows the character extending their right hand in a "casting" motion.
  16. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Echoing Visual requests, can electroburst in healer role have blue lightning and increase the animation size to the range of the heal? It'd look pretty :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

While were doing visual requests, change ionic drain back to how it is on live in healer role where you raise one hand in the air and lightning extends out to all adds.
    • Like x 3
  18. spord Developer

I found an issue similar to what you describe here. It was only affecting characters using Shield as a weapon. Was your character using Shield?
  19. Hemmy Committed Player

Indeed that was the case. Here's hoping it's easy enough to fix. Good luck!
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

This ^^

No other other heals are 18 seconds on cooldown.
    Electric though has lots of instant burst available to it and it has the range to do Survival Mode without much issue.
    I would seriously take heed to Celestial Power's concerns as they are valid and will only help electric in the long run.

I would like to see overcharged buffed in healing. Just to give that niche ability a good chance of being viable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.