Stats Revamp 1.7 - Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xibo Loyal Player

Conclusions

- Tesla Ball (200 power cost) and Electrogenesis (200 power cost) inflict more damage (1000/s DPS difference) than Electrocute (300 power cost) and Voltaic Bolt (1000/s DPS difference);

- Voltaic Blast (300 power cost) inflicts more damage than Electroburst (300 power cost) (2800/s DPS difference);

- Shockwave (100 power cost) inflicts more damage than Electroburst, Tesla Ball, Electrogenesis, Electrocute, Voltaic Bolt and Voltaic Blast;

Suggestions

- Increase damage from Electrocute;
    - Reduce the cooldown from Electroburst to 3 seconds;
    - Increase damage slightly from Voltaic Bolt;
    • Like x 1
  2. L T Devoted Player

How did you test here? Is this just spamming an ability off cool down to essentially check the base damage?
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

Spamming the power, exactly this.
  4. L T Devoted Player

I would suggest that a better way to test is pairing each ability with a long-ish weapon combo-- try hand blasters scissor kick or brawling haymaker. What this will do is even things out a bit by producing damage during the longer cool down periods.

A quick comment about some of the dot powers: Electrogenesis got a buff to take into account that what you cast it on can die before its damage plays out, and Tesla Ball is kind of broken in the way it splits damage.
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I think Electrocute is fine in terms of damage. Currently it is the only field that uses a PI and does not set one up. Some I think, need to be adjusted however. Note that this was 10 casts of the power. I used VBolt to set up PI which is why it appears on the list.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

I just mentioned to buff Electrocute because Tesla Ball does more damage with a low power cost in comparison but the damage from Electrocute itself is not bad.
  7. L T Devoted Player

That more or less matches my tests. Debris field and Gravity well were both hitting about 10-15% too low. Circle of Destruction, wintery tempest, galling, and electrocute (without the pi applied) were all hitting exactly the same. Inferno was a bit on the high side.

BUT.

Not all of them hit at the same rate. The ones that are all the same all do one tick of damage per second. Gravity Well and Debris Field tick faster than that-- I think their damage is done of 11 seconds instead of 12? Gravity Well CONSISTENTLY hit 11 times in 10 seconds for me, and most of the others hit 10 in 10. Conversely, Inferno was doing its total damage over a longer period of time.

Since you have to set up the PI for Electrocute, and since they all hit at slightly different rates, I think these powers are more or less in balance right now.
  8. Soder coIas Level 30

It's a big shame honestly, electric is my favourite healing power solely cause bio cap is such a beautiful power. :/ Hopefully the devs do indeed change cooldown cause 18 seconds isn't worth it whatsoever.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I hear what you are saying, but Tesla Ball does not operate like Electrocute and doesn't follow the same splitting rules. That's why on 8 targets, Tesla Ball seems great and Electrocute weak. Use Tesla Ball on one target and it's waste; Electrocute is not.

If you look at the hits for Inferno and Electrocute, they fall in the same min-max range and the same # of hits (960). Inferno is a little too strong and Debris field is a little too weak. I think Electrocute falls right where it needs to which is a good thing for the power set. Any further changes to Electrocute would weaken the ability.
    • Like x 1
  10. supalova20 Well-Known Player

i feel that Voltaic blast is better than voltaic bolt now.....even though I like the dot mechanic to Vbolt, AL is still the better electrified PI applied in terms of speed.....i like Vblast in its state right now....good power in rotation....i was mostly trying to decide between the usage of E.G. and Tball...i choose Tball now....dont get me wrong though E.G. is very flowing in hybrid rotation it's just seems Tball puts out damage faster for maximum range...

I did 2 different loadout test for my hybrid ranged style using 30second parser...my weapon if choice HB...basically just like on live i use the same FIGHTING style since live is pretty much hybrid to me since electric or dps ing was like this since beta....

3 rotations using 30sec parser on test server: rotation WIRED AL ELECTROCUTE VBLAST E.G. OC...

next 3 rotations using 30sec parser on test: rotation I just changed E.G. out for TBALL...

sorry for the light in vid had to use my son and phone to do vid but you see the numbers......i think I love the second hybrid rotation best.....it works do me on test just waiting to see what it can do live......im sooooo excited
  11. Duck X Active Player

Stoooppppppp with the refreshing dot garbage, this will turn it into nature again leave it alone, if u make electricity b able to reset dots then u stuck with having to use voltaic bolt in every loadout just like nature needs harvest for example. The whole point of revamp is that powers should have much more variety and dot stacking will limit the ammount of loadouts you could create.
  12. Duck X Active Player

Feedback: Increase damage or critical attack chance on electrostatic bomb
    Make spark barrage actually usable, for example make it similar to shockwave and make it benefit from electrified pi, or increase the damage per projectile to b on par with all the other powers.
    And lastly optional, ether way its okay make voltaic blast a 6 second cooldown high powercost high damage burst or leave it as it is. Other than that electricity seems pretty good. Good job
    • Like x 3
  13. FlreMint Active Player

'Projectile Powers'

Electricity's Spark Barrage 100power
    Mental's Terror Tendrils 200power
    Mental's Bolt Barrage 50% SC
    Sorcery's Soul Storm 200power
    Sorcery's Soul Barrage 200power

Should have increased damage for being able to miss their targets... Sorcery projectiles hit relatively harder than all others, they should be brought in line with them.

• Like x 2
  14. Duck X Active Player

Yea, thay already dont do good damage to begin with, those definately need to be looked at
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.