Stats Revamp 1.7 - Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xibo Loyal Player

- Make Voltatic Bolt refresh DoTs and increase damage.
  2. Duck X Active Player

No. Then you copying nature. Also refreshing dots is an AM, and it shouldnt be in the game at all but they kept nature because it was originally that way.
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

If you want to lose damage, so, ok.
  4. L T Devoted Player

I'm all for keeping powers as unique as possible.

The problem is, without a way to refresh them, all of Electric's DOTs are pretty useless. Besides the fact that they underperform DOTs from other power sets right now (a different discussion there) the way things are you're forced to be constantly refreshing all your DOTs and you never have time to do anything else.

If there's not going to be a way to refresh them all-- and Electric was always weaker than nature because Electrocute never got refreshed-- how about considering other options:
    • Extend the length of the DOTs another 4 seconds
    • Add an up-front burst to all the DOTs
    • Like x 3
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The current state of VB is due in part to player recommendation on cooldown and damage. It started as a huge burst, then changed to DoT when players wanted more DoT. When a burst was added to the cast, it made the DoT portion weaker using their current formula. Adding burst to other abilities will likely change that as well.

Apples to apples, Swarm was not refreshed by Harvest
    • Like x 1
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

My suggestion was exactly that you've mentioned: Voltatic Bolt be again a huge burst and refresh DoTs but I'm ok with the LT's too if they decide to extend the length of the DoTs.
  7. L T Devoted Player

I was part of the debate on Voltaic Bolt. The final product is pretty crappy (no pun intended).

Swarm does literally triple the damage of any of Electric's DOT powers. It does double the damage of Gadgets' suppressor turret. If Voltaic Bolt did the damage of swarm, I'd be doing backflips.
    • Like x 1
  8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

lol. I like that v-bolt can be used whenever it needs to be, The issue with v-bolt is when adds join the fight they jump right in electrocute,tesla or e-gen and take damage but not v-bolt cause its a true dot not a aura or field, so you need to be able to apply it when necessary. Also since it has a short cooldown its good for fast moving situations where e-gen or electrocute might still be cooling down if you were using them.

The issue with v-bolt is the damage it does not how it works, It needs to be brought up cause right now the damage it does stinks.

And swarm does not do triple the damage of any of elecs dots. Maybe first nature update swarm but not in its current state.
    • Like x 2
  9. L T Devoted Player

I see your point. And I'm reminded of earlier in the revamp when a developer pointed out that there's a difference between field dots, aura dots, pure dots... and not all of them are equal. There's certainly some value to VBolt's short cool down-- I just liked the bigger burst a lot more.

Right now when you try to play the DOT side of Electric you spend more time refreshing your dots than clipping weapon attacks (at least that's how it feels to me).

Swarm is a pet, so it's different. It seems to be balanced around a very low % of your might coming from gear. With just gear and not a lot of mods or skill points spent, the difference is quite dramatic.
    • Like x 1
  10. Duck X Active Player

Yes i agree with you and i see your point, the way to fix that would be to buff or nerf the moves accordingly on every powerset. Also i wouldnt mind the dot resetting if they did it but at the same time i would rather if they didnt.
  11. Duck X Active Player

Exactly you got it right. Thats my whole point they dont have to copy nature, all they have to do is just buff and nerf the powers accordingly.
    • Like x 2
  12. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Electricity 1.8 hopefully next. :)
  13. Xalhadrin New Player

I don't even understand why Electricity uses dots for the majority of their damage in the first place. If you get hit by a lightning bolt, you shouldn't slowly take damage and die, it should fry you instantly. I would understand if healing was more about hots, but it's totally backwards. Dots in this game are too weak for the vast majority of content. It's only really viable for boss fights where you can get a chance for them to tick. Should electricity be gimped in the majority of content? I would hope not.
    Feedback for DPS side:
    Tesla blast - single target makes sense, up damage slightly
    Electroburst - it has burst in the name, why a dot? keep it an aoe knockup with burst and electrify
    Megavolt - when you think of a volt, it's like the amplitude for electricity, if it's mega, it's really big, so it should be a big burst of damage and stun
    Shockwave - needs better animation, damage
    Electrogenesis - I don't mind this as a dot aura, but the damage ticks should be higher the longer they are on the target
    Arc lightning - This ability is great as is, depending on other things, might want to boost the damage
    Ionic drain - I like having this as a channel ability, but it would be nice if it also added a % damage buff once it is fully cast to all damage against that target
    Voltaic bolt - you're calling a bolts of lightning to all targets in range, it should be burst, and either refresh dots or transfer all your dots to surrounding targets
    Tesla ball - imo it should be a giant ball of electricity that travels slowly in a line starting from you going forward and it would do small bits of burst damage to those that are near it, but would do heavy damage to those within the animation of this ball. It should be avoidable in pvp, but if you get stuck in it it should really hurt.
    Repulse - damage and knockback, seems fine
    Spark barrage - it would be cool to see this ability as more of a tossed landmine, you throw several of these on the ground in an arc around you then after 1-2 seconds they make a lightning explosion to anything standing on it and knock them up.
    Attract - it should make you better looking when cast. jk, it should do what it does now but in addition increase the damage of the next weapon combo by a %
    Overcharge - this should instead trigger all your dots to explode for a big burst of damage. Think zapping flies and how they pop after a second
    Circuit breaker - fine as is, if anything, remove the crit buffs and make it do more damage
    Electrostatic bomb - pull enemies to the center and explode, good. maybe add a PI or electrified
    Static push - could use a cooler animation for what it does, it might be cool to see it do extra damage to targets with dots or further knockback targets with dots
    Electrocute - i like this ability, but it might be cool to have a large burst to all targets in the effect at the end of the duration.
    Galvanize - for damage role, give it a damage component

General - all abilities should be useful for damage and healing role in some way similar to e-gen, then we'll have a larger set of powers to choose from rather than limiting it to; well this is a damage ability only, ok this is a healing ability only. If we do ending up being a dot only class, please just frontload the damage so we're not falling so behind in dps. Dots are only good if the enemy is alive to take the damage, that should figure into your equations more. Maybe you have data on the % of the total damage actually ticks on the target before it dies. Another idea would be to make the dots explode for the remainder of the damage when the target reaches like 10-15% health.
    • Like x 2
  14. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Can we please not repeat the same mistakes that lead to electric's failures on live? One of the reasons why electric is so bad because you have all these dot's without a way to spread or refresh them. Jumping from adds to adds, you will waste time setting up dot's while burst powers mow them down. Often time your dots are on cooldown as you jump from adds to adds because you cant refresh dot's to save cooldowns.
    • Like x 1
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

Another thing that i think could help....

- Arc Lighting get increase damage (same damage that 50 cal does, for example) and either activate PI as already does: In this way you could get a huge burst and also activate your PI and go straight to the DoTs and we will need that if Electricity damagers run some instances where enemies have a low health.

- Increase DoTs damage from Electrocute, Electrogenesis and Tesla Ball: As already mentioned.

- Make Tesla Blast or Overcharge an AoE 8 targets: We haven't a AoE spammer 100 power cost that uses the Electric PI.

- Voltaic Bolt refreshing DoTs: This is important because if we haven't when the DoTs end we must charge the DoTs again and so this will represent loss damage.
  16. Gambo323 Level 30

FINALLY... this guy gets it totally nailed it. Yo Devi hire this guy for this post right here. Electric shouldn't be a dot. We need MORE burst damage in load outs for both tress please
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

No thanks, all I'm reading here is that Electricity is gonna be transformed into a new Big Boom AM. A bolt should instantly kill you? Overcharge immediately exploding the dots for big burst damage? Dots are too slow on this game?, on live yes, revamp no.

I personally like the way it is right now, you have two tree's one for dots, and one for burst.
    • Like x 1
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yeah. Spord also said only one of Electricity's dots are true dots which is Voltaic Bolt. The others are Auras and fields.

That makes me think that all of Electrics dots should be more potent to make it comparable to burst damage.
    Just to clarify:

Electrocute should be equivalent to 4 Electrostatic Bomb casts which currently it isn't. If it's going to have a long cooldown and high power cost, it needs to kill stuff within its own duration of you are to use this on a group of adds. I think I shouldn't be seeing any ticks reach below 2.2k split non crit for this ability. I'd even take a power cost increase to do that.

Aura dot:
    Electrogenesis

Electrogenesis gets strong when auras are close to each other.
    That mechanic is unique so I won't complain but that damage is going to have to go up a bit when the auras aren't touching each other. Even on a single target this ability loses out to Tesla Blast spamming.
    For the healing side of actually like to see the 12.5m 8 man hot get boosted.

Voltaic Bolt should be a stronger pure dot. No debating there. It's pretty terrible despite it having its situational use that CrappyHeals stated. It's a niche ability that was fine at first. It's just not worth it now and that's with its power cost being fairly steep.

Tesla Ball
    This ability was great before.. idk what happened to it now..
    I would like to see a three second cooldown with a three tick dot on this ability. Keep power cost the same to justify keeping the damage high. Would be the electrified version of Electrostatic Bomb.

Tesla Blast is fine it's a good single target option.

Overcharge:
    This ability should immediately boost dot damage imo. I think making this ability a good ranged burst would definitely help.
    This doesn't really perform well and I'm willing to make this a 200 cost ability in turn for greater damage and healing.
    Would like the explosion to be immediate to give Electrified DPS an option for some burst damage.

I compare the dots to burst because I think it's appropriate btw. Dots need to be able to put up a good fight against burst damage which is something we aren't seeing.
    For Example
    We see 24k cumulative damage on dots with their full duration compared to 1 burst cast that does more than that with a faster cooldown lol.
    This is also called burst or bust. Not saying to make dots op or burst under powered but that middle ground should be met... not one extreme or another.
    Only dot that is worth it's cost imo is Debris Field because of how rapid the ticks are with this ability.

Electrostatic Bomb:
    Reduce Travel Time on the Projectile and increase damage slightly.

Shockwave:
    Increase damage slightly
    ~200 more effective dps.

Attract and repulse:
    See Shockwave

Spark Barrage:
    Increase damage per bolt and reduce travel time on projectiles.

Invigorate:
    Increase healing. Reinstate Safety Net Healing Mechanic.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No. I like powers that have a variety. When electric first hit the revamp in December it was all burst for the most part and people disliked it, hence why they bought it's DoTs back.
    • Like x 1
  20. DaBeama Well-Known Player

Why can't they simply increase critical damage and critical chance when two or mor DOTs are combined?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.