Stats Revamp 1.7 - Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

PcDL does, but you need to do the full combo. I wouldn't mind having a base curse power adding Pi though.
  2. Celestial Powers Committed Player

30th June Hotfix - Healing:

HoTs overall do not really seem adjusted besides AcB (Did not look at supercharges or benediction/counterpart)

Not really much else to say but to consider suggestions posted previously.

Thanks for looking at the HoTs, I will look into them further in content to see if they still need adjusting (All powers)
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  4. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

After helping Fatal with parsing for every power using hybrid and Pftt before and after the latest hotfix, I noticed how much Celestial is lacking compared to the other combo powers dps wise. Its a concern to me that I'd appreciate it if you would look into it and make necessary adjustments.

Before the hotfix when looking at the combo powers using Pfft style Rage, Atomic, and HL were parsing 40k+ where Celestial was only parsing 32-33k.

After the hotfix Rage and HL still manage to parse around 40k and Celestial is around 32k. There are 2 powers that aren't even combo powers (Mental and Munitions) that are parsing higher Pftt than Celestial and Atomic. Atomic is only parsing 28k so its in worse shape than Celestial, but neither are on par compared to the other combo powers using Pftt which is what combo powers are meant to use.

I think a buff for Celestial and Atomic's combos need to happen. I'm mentioning Atomic here too since it's your power as well. They are combo powers meant to be Pftt, and at this rate they will lag behind other powers that are doing much better in either hybrid or Pftt.

P.S. I still want Admonish cooldown reduced to 1.5 and all 4 man heals if you have to do it that way, in trade you could increase the power cost instead of reducing the heals please and thank you lol. :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

To add on to this, if the hotfix does get rolled back (there's quite a few complaints in the HL and atomic thread) and Atomic/HL return to their former glory, celestial will be bottom of the barrel like charm said.

I wanted celestial to be balanced which you achieved, but I also want it to be competitive. The fact it parses lower then most hybrid melee builds and requires rev uo time to get going is two strikes against celestial, not to mention the constant CC's in raids interrupting your flow all are working against us. Celestial should be parsing like Gadgets or mental hybrid right now.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-revamp-1-7-overall-damage-assessment.288290/
    View this thread for more parser comparisons
    • Like x 1
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I apologize for not being able to get on test recently but do you know if celestial is competitive in hybrid mode? I'm really not interested in playing pftt. Hopefully it's not too late for me to get on test tomorrow morning.
    • Like x 1
  7. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Celestial is literally the bottom of the barrel for hybrid builds with HL. Celestial got 30,239 using initial casts in hybrid. Naturally when it did so bad Fatal and I discussed ways to improve it and agreed on combos with weapon combos seeing if that helped, and sadly it made it much worse. HL got 30,136 on Hybrid, and these two powers were ranked 13 and 14 on the hybrids :(

For Celestial as well as other combo powers to be good in a hybrid build it would require buffing the initial casts which would result in pftt becoming very OP. Then the tears would come to the forums and the combo powers would be nerfed into the ground. That being said combo powers will never be top tier dps in hybrid builds, but you should still be able to finish content.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts before this one have been reviewed by the team.
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Damn it :(. I really wanted to play hybrid with celestial. I might just make my main sorcery. I liked the idea of combos with weapon combos. Do you think that maybe weapons just need to be buffed as well?
    • Like x 1
  10. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

If they buffed the weapons then that would make all the other powers that are dominating in hybrid extra OP where Cele would still be the bottom feeder.
    • Like x 1
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Celestial needs more front loaded damage if they want to fix hybrid. That would also consequently buff the combo side as well which would probably put celestial on par with other powers.
    • Like x 2
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Man... Do you think there's a way to make both of them balanced? Maybe adding bonuses when you combo after you use a weapon combo?
    • Like x 2
  13. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I agree 100% but do you think they'll go through with that? This late into the revamp I'm not sure if they will do that.

I also think we could use some better DPS supercharges.
    • Like x 2
  14. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I really don't think there is because doing full combos slows down the damage too much for hybrid so the only viable hybrid would be using initial casts and that can't happen for the reasons I explained earlier :(
    Just remember we can always still combo and do weapon attacks in pvp and dominate! lol ;)
    • Like x 2
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Considering celestial isn't in 1.8 yet, it's a very high possibly some things could change, we'll just have to wait and see
    • Like x 5
  16. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

LMAO! In all seriousness though, Celestial does need a couple good SC's in its arsenal. Life Drain and Cursed Idol would be the obvious choices for those( as Fatal already mentioned). Just remove the healing function and buff up that damage! ;)
    • Like x 3
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Lol very true. I'm just afraid that I'll run out of power quickly with pftt cause I don't have like 300 SP. I'm not too sure how it works because whenever i tried testing a power i would go hybrid.
    • Like x 2
  18. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Give it a shot on test when you have time. Use the Power Mastery and its actually really good in DPS role on not being too power hungry. I can honestly say I've enjoyed having more options than just a WoTPcCS and RcW spam lol
    • Like x 1
  19. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Will do thanks, though what do you think would be a good amount of SP to have? Like if it were to go live.
    • Like x 2
  20. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Main thing to keep in is it takes 1 for movement mode,1 for mastery, 60 for all crits, and 175 for all the might. That should give you a rough estimate to think on :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.