Stats Revamp 1.7 - Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Thanks!! I have like 210 on live so hopefully I'll be alright.
    • Like x 2
  2. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

You should be fine and keep grinding! :D
    • Like x 2
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Spord according to your posts in the Light thread, does the clipping part play a big role in how you adjusted Celestial DPS?

Also I can see why battle healing really isn't a thing with Celestial as of late now because of the damage reductions with abilities that perform a support function.
  4. spord Developer

It affects all combo powersets but Celestial the least because Haunt/Smite is the only combo without a multi-input before damage.
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Which explains why celestial pretty much stayed nuetral
    • Like x 1
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Alright that makes sense.

I have one question for you.
    Could you look into making Celestial feel more battle heal friendly?
    I cannot stand these insane power costs man. I spec into power mastery and I also spec resto might using all healer gear and even all DPS gear.
    I use straight combos and I clip like a mad man with Celestial and to be honest two full vit spec controllers cannot keep me above 16% power lol.

Even pure healing with resto power spec is absolutely a nightmare with power.
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Hey spord, do you think that there's a way to make celestial competitive in hybrid mode? From my understanding it's at the bottom of the barrel right now. I'm not sure if it's because there aren't initial burst powers and it's just combos or if some things just need to be readjusted.

I really hope celestial can play in both playstyles. Also, do you think we could see better damage supercharges?
    • Like x 1
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Hey I have question a question and you three seemed to be the most knowledgeable on this thread about celestial (I know there are others too) but do you think that there's still time to make celestial a viable powerset in hybrid mode?

Do you think that making celestial might based had anything to do with it?

Are you guys for a better damage supercharge? I feel like this could also help with hybrid playstyle.

And lastly, do you think it would be a decent idea to add new powers that still work well in pftt but are made for hybrid playstyle?
    • Like x 2
  9. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Hey, for Celestial to be competitive in hybrid the initial casts would have to be buffed up quite a bit. If they were to do this Celestial would be crazy op in a pftt since the initial casts and final inputs would be hitting almost as hard as one another. Then the tears would flood the forums about Celestial being too op and we'd get nerfed into the ground.

Talking about Celestial being changed from prec based to might based is a sensitive subject around these parts lol ;)

Fatal has been asking for a DPS SC for a few weeks now. I fully agree with him that we should have 2 (life drain & cursed idol) made into full DPS SC's and remove their healing functions. We are hoping when Cele hits 1.8 that we enter it with proper DPS SC's.

If Spord wants to throw in a few new powers that are initial casts for a hybrid option I wouldn't oppose it.

Something I want to ask you in return is why you don't want to use pftt? The combos of Celestial is what makes it such a unique and beautiful powerset. We honestly have a massive customization option for loadouts now that isn't a spamming 1-2 combos on repeat like it is on live. Fatal created a l/o, I created a l/o, and a friend of ours created a l/o and they all 3 parse for roughly the same. We have something great going with having options for pftt and still being able to be competitive with each other. The only problem is we still need a buff to the multi input combos to be competitive with everyone else since Celestial is falling behind.

Sorry if there's typos or its scattered I just woke up, and I'm still trying to get the coffee circulating lol.
    • Like x 3
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Thanks so much for the reply. There are a couple of reasons why I don't want to use pftt but I would never suggest to the devs to make it more competitive for hybrid players if it negatively affects the players who want to use pftt.

So onto the reasons.
    1. I really, really hate running out of power and that's why celestial has my favorite AM by far and the only one i didn't mind since I was not experienced with celestial before its AM was introduced.

2. I feel that 210 SP is lacking and I'm not sure what the requires amount to use pftt without losing power quickly is. Normally I would grind but I don't know how much SP I can gain before the revamp is out on live.

3. Most of my characters are inspired by someone who uses a weapon and a power at the same time except for my HL character.

4. Since I've been PvPing for a while I just wouldn't feel happy only using powers with celestial. Since I went all out on prec (some want to consider it cheating since I was at the max which is like 4k in PvP) I just used my weapon as well instead of spamming so I'm used to that now and celestial is extremely competitive in PvP whether you use hybrid or just use powers.

5. I just like using 1H and M/A or HB lol. However, if it comes down to it and I can actually do decently with my current SP I wouldn't mind staying celestial and just using my weapon in PvP. That said, if not I'll just be using electricity or ice.
    • Like x 2
  11. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Actually when using the power mastery for Celestial DPS the power regen is pretty good especially when comparing it to the other combo powers. You would actually be surprised at it. My advice would be to give it a chance with pftt when it goes live. Also the amount of SP you will need at minimum is 237 and that's 175 might/power, 60 for all your crits, 1 for power mastery, 1 for movement mode. This is the minimum you would need to max the important stats for pftt dps. You would actually need more than that for hybrid. Hope this helps some :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Huh thank you. So it's actually not so bad. I'm going to assume that this revamp will be complete in September so within that time i could probably gain 10-15 SP, maybe more.
    • Like x 2
  13. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Question. What damage is malediction / benediction healing based on, might, precision, or both? On live now I believe it is only based on precision.
  14. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

On live cursed idol is celestials best SC and its equivalent to soul well. :p
    • Like x 1
  15. McShotzz Well-Known Player

So what are the chances celestials super charges get nature's carnivorous plants treatment were healing gets reduced to increase dmg? Thats always been one thing i didnt like even before AM, was that celestial never had a hood "burst" SC
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Scroll up, it's been suggested quite a few times, hopefully spord has something cooking up for 1.8
    • Like x 1
  17. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Hopefully a useful dps supercharge and id be generally happy with the set, in contrast to how it was during the WM phase of the game its leaps and bounds better. Id like to see the life drain usable, only time i remember using it was during ThemDivided alert when no one ran healers and such.
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

OK, so for CC feedback related to Celestial, everything looks great as far as I can see. The only question is if we lose too much dps from having it, but some moves are so iconic that I can't imagine them without it. Celestial only has four moves that CC, but are very strong. There are tons of healing options as well for survival in solo, duo, alert content.

Wrath of the Presence - Multi knockback, AoE pull (combo) 200
    Consume Soul - Single pull (200)
    Admonish - Multi knockdown (200)

Blight - Multi knockback (200)

I love the way Wrath of the Presence works with the AoE pull afterward. But some people might say, why not just give us a knockdown on WotP and forget the pull on Cleansed CS? That's something to think about DPS wise. I like the pull, though, but is necessary for power cost? Not sure.

The one that doesn't make much sense to me is Consume Soul's single target pull. Don't think it's necessary or really useful at all. Also, using Admonish and Blight together gives you 2 knockdowns, so it's kind of overkill, but I understand you wanting to give a knockdown to each one in case people feel like going with dark first and light second.
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Also, I second the begging for a useful Supercharge in Celestial. I want to test all the supercharges separately later, but these were so bad I have to say something. You have 4 supercharges all related to healing. And the kicker is that even the 2 that do damage do pitiful damage because of the healing component. So, you might think, well, that's OK, I'll use it as dps for the damage and it'll give me some healing back to stay alive in a tight spot. Nope!!! The healing back for you is also pitiful! Why?

Because both supercharges with damage are also designed for healer role! One (Life Drain) heals you and 7 other people. And the healing is capped at...wait for it...a percentage of your dom and resto! Is a DPS going to have resto or dom? I hope not.

Cursed Idol's damage is similarly bad, but lasts quite a while, like a slightly more powerful DoT pretty much. So I thought, well, I'll pop it and block until the adds die. The healing should be enough, and the damage should be enough to kill 5 adds right? Wrong. It also heals groupmates, so the healing for the caster isn't sufficient to stay alive at all. And it doesn't kill any adds either, not without help from outside, lol.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

With all due respect, please don't bring CC into this thread. Ill say the same thing I said in the light thread, CC shouldn't even be in the formula considering it's only useful in solos and duos.

With that said, I like my CC as is, I'm still salty they removed it from RcW because it killed the animation, but it is what is. CC doesn't need to be touched.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.