Stats Revamp 1.7 - Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Don't factor CC into the equation. That's the solution :)
    • Like x 3
  2. FlreMint Active Player

CCs are part of what needs to be balanced... damage damage damage, thats what seems to be most important to most of us... myself included, but damage is not everything a power is about... power cost, cooldown, animation time, clip time, mobility, area of effect, burst or DoT, PIs... I can go on... there are so many things to considerate, and of course, crowd control effects are one of them. if you had to choose between two identical powers, the only difference being that one of them has a CC effect and the othe one doesn´t, you, and everyone else will choose the one with the CC, these powers would not be balanced, there would be a need to tweak something else to achieve power balance, not necesarily the damage though, the one with the CC can just have a higher power cost, a longer cooldown...

'To obtain, something of equal value must be lost'

FireMint

Ed...ward...
  3. BumblingB I got better.

This isn't alchemy here. The problem comes from the fact they already nerfed CC to a static 6 second rule for controllers. In solos and duos, CC should be very important and shouldn't factor damage, as they are necessary to keep you alive since you don't have a tank or controller stunning things.

CC should not be a factor for damage because outside of a DUO and SOLO you wouldn't be able to control anything unless you are a controller and tank. What should be looked at is how to not to CC when there is a willpower check. If the instance requires 1000 dom, you should have to have 1000 dom to CC the NPC. Things like harvest on live ignore this.
    • Like x 2
  4. FlreMint Active Player

I agree with you, also...

CC should be a factor for damage because inside solos DUOS and SOLOS you would be able stun etc etc...

Solos and duos are part of the game as well are they not? So CC should be a factor in deed. But wait... raids and alerts are also part of this game... so what can we do? this is impossible to balance, we need to debate wether solos & duos or alerts & raids are most important and delete the other, I personally prefer alerts and raids so I will vote to eliminate all solo and duo content in the game...

A bit extremist right? good news is, there is a solution

This is my suggestion, I would like to know what you think about it, why would it not work?

note: glad you got the FMA reference :)

I am the bone of my sword

FireMint
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.