Stats Revamp 1.4 - Rage Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trexlight Devoted Player

Bye Felicia. I've been Rage since Launch since we're sharing origin stories. Ive seen the highs and the lows. This is called Balance. So far these testers are doing a better job than you as they are giving feedback on the power as it is on Test. The Power will be fine with or without you. No reason for you to be this riled up over changes that were to be expected going with the theme of balance across the Powers. These changes are okay, just needs tweaking like every other Power.

Now again, PLEASE stop derailing this thread so us Testers dont have to read through all of this drama over nothing.
    • Like x 14
  2. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

You obviously arent a fan of rage. You feel the way rage is on live was OP. When it was not! If your a rage main please show me proof. This change is to great to hit live nobody will accept this change. Your not a tester your merely spreading nonsense saying the way rage was on live was OP?! are you serious? Please stop posting.
    • Like x 1
  3. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Are you even on test honestly, are just here from live experiences? I feel like you read the changes and are not even testing at all.
    • Like x 7
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Not worth it man. Just please provide better feedback from what you have seen and played on Test. You complaining, again, is not helping anyone here. If you arent here to help push to the future, you're holding us back to the past and youll be left there alone. Just go out and give testing feedback, not Live comparisons.
    • Like x 2
  5. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

yes i play on test server. Im a rage main, im not a player casually curious how rage is now. Giving feedback the real feedback we need is from rage players who actually main the power. I main the power several of my league mates main the power and its stupid the things they have done! They literary stripped something that made rage, rage. How many times are they gonna nerf us????
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You see, if you actually got on test, and tested the content as a rage tank, instead of screaming bloody murder based on something you READ, you would know the nerf to rage mode, im sorry, ENRAGE, barely makes a noticeable difference in your survivalbility while severe punishment is active. You heal just fine. It's when its not active and your waiting a few seconds for it to come back off cooldown that you begin to worry.

Get on test and actually test it instead of antagonizing the testers because you fear for your beloved rage
    • Like x 7
  7. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

If that is the case buddy WHY are we keeping PftT playstyle? arent we so pose to remove AMs? Huuuuuh? can you awnser that? Arent we so pose to push to the future? exactly your feedback is toxic your not giving any thought of the people who main the power. This is like taking away Hard Lights Combo Cast. If you want to be a good tester think about the people who actually play the power.
  8. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

hmm im the relax one here so ill explain it as best I can. Live and Test can not be compared as something that may be read here as a nerf on test, isn't a nerf with the current game changes. Again nothing is also final so saying this a nerf thats a nerf bring back full heals ect that isn't a solution both grounds must be met by a player and the devs to come up with something that is balanced not on the live server but whats current on test, The devs have shown so far through this process they are listening and working the best they can with us so it's best we all stay united so our voices are heard as one.
    • Like x 1
  9. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

Yes i am on the test server. These changes are to great to hit live. We love rage because we like the sense of being unstoppable were taking 0 damage. we like the fact we can take on Fights with just having power and survive on our owns like true Relentless angry power houses. We fee unstoppable with our heals even though we know our weaknesses. When we run out of power were powerless. Rage was a beautiful power now there nerfing it for fun LOL.
  10. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

I know man, i just hope they don't destroy my favorite power i will give them a chance.
    • Like x 1
  11. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Back on Topic, Fatal since you have messed around with the tank side do you thank redirected rage while waiting for s.punishment to go off cool down instead granting a flat damage reduction percentage for it's duration while in tank stance?
  12. BumblingB I got better.

My impressions are not bad. I specced heavy into power and was able to get a good loadout going. I was getting about the same damage per second with the same build as nature. Which was around 20k/s. Then double that for Berserker. It's a nice combination.

Request, can all combos have the Power > tap > hold option? Like for the ones that don't have but one combo? It's a nice touch for outrage and gives a better cooldown timing for it.

Plasma Retch needs to be like Fear Gas the whole way. Make it a mobile power.
    Dreadful Blast is just... meh. Also, it feels like timing on it is messed up or something. Anyone else noticing it?

I was parsing about 20k/s, which is good, but as I said in the Nature thread, it has me concerned about Gadgets. Which I can't get above 16k/s.

Anyways, I think everyone's initial response is like I was with Gadgets day one. It's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. If you want to play from tray, spec power.

Edit: I also miss the dps extra damage from the rage mechanic.
    • Like x 2
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

My opinion, it should be health based. Like say, 40% of your health before it breaks. Rage was never a high defense tank, so making it dom/resto based isn't really a bold move. I'm not much of a math whiz though so that question would probably be better directed at the people that did the math behind the shield absorption numbers.
    • Like x 1
  14. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

nah that was perfect thanks for the insight.
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Overall, I like the balance between the various rage powers cost, damage and cooldown. Feels pretty natural when playing PftT, and makes for a nice loadout. I'll do more testing tomorrow on the actual dps of each power, but I'm happy at the moment. Was nice that you compensated the damage and cds of the 100 cost powers so that the 200 and 300 actually make sense to use.

One issue, not sure if intended: Outrage initial power cost - 200, outrage tap combo - 200, outrage hold combo - 200. That means a single power drains your bar by about 75%. I'm guessing it's a mistake.
  16. SasquaT Dedicated Player

How about Ire and Ferocity i always dream to have more pull powers as rage but i cant have it becouse we have to use those 2 powers as immunity. Why rage need to have 2 immunity ? My idea is reduce Ire cooldown by 100 % so we can use just one immunity and instead of fereocity we can use single pull ( lasso ) .
  17. SasquaT Dedicated Player

So WM dosnt have power back mechanic its wierd since its no buffed its just next weapon atack combo and with no power back to be honest you can remove it from game for good .Whats the point of using it ?
  18. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Going to call it a night but best damage i was able to reach as rage during my test was about 10k dps I once hit 15k with Zerk up but meh. I have no idea what i'm missing power cost is a huge issue, Outrage is almost unusable with it's high power cost, costing another 200 power with each use. Ferocity was a nice change love the nice damage proc it has.

As range rage went the best me and some others came up with is Ferocity clipped with blood lust, Hand blaster Weapon Combo into Dreadful blast last hit of Dreadful Blast clipped into Rage Blast and repeat. I know some people asking why not Galling before the buffs you can X that out as even after putting skill 100 points into Power it's still to costly.
    As I said in a earlier post mangle has to go some others and myself would even love a entity like Super Charge a red like entity pet that comes in and does some damage for awhile would even work.
  19. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Ok so can you tell us what exactly you like in those changes ? becouse so far im negative about those changes and i wouldnt call this balance its more new fight system .
    I dont like all powers must deal might dmg but i understand that its hard to balance if its not ( but still i dont like it )
    I dont like there is no jump cancel becouse its not DCUO anymore like we use to know for me its a disaster .
    Power Regeneration i had no problem with that before now its looks like its way harder mechanic like we had in AM and im not sure yet its good or bad .You know all the troll drama right ? No one need trol in alert booohooo and then no one want to trol raids becouse its to boring and all prefer to dps ( same drama with tank ) .
    To be honest its hard for me to find one good thing about this new system so far thats why im asking .
    In the name of what ? becouse power balance its not worth removing jump cancel from game .
    Without jump cancel you might be right with bye Felicia for me and many other i guess . I think you know how people love when devs removed cliping right ?

I totaly agree that those who testing and feedback doing good job .
    My feedback is pls dont remove jump cancel and pls add power back mechanic to WM . - thats for dps.
    I need to look closer to tank but i loved how it was before ( how it is now on life server ) i would change only one thing like i said before : reduce ire cooldown by 100 % so we dont have to use ferocity as 2nd immute .
    Heh and one more thing remove rage crash when in game mechanic turn you in other form ( olimpus bird ) its still not fixed .
    Why devs want to fix rage tank if its not broken and people like it how it is ?
    • Like x 1
  20. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Any chance for Relentless Anger doing leap forward at your target enemy, dealing damage and knocking down enemies in an area while generating Supercharge and also apply Heal back all damage taken for 8 seconds, after which you suffer from Rage Crash causing all healed damage to instantly return. Increase all damage by 35%?(Cause since rage dps has no PROPER sheilds this is the only protection he has vs adds/bosses, after all this is what makes dps rage so fun to play, you mess up you die;D ).

The problem of Ire is that have a huge cooldown plus less time on.
    I tried on test server the new rage dps and we took 35 mins to finish duo;D Hope god to be whit DCUO cause i may not be, if a lame mechanics like this hit live:D

Did you guys even tried 2 play the game? Cause i played for 30 mins and i unistalled the test server rigth away. Let pvp out of pve, not everyone like pvp. Weapons->pvp Power->pve, not hard.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.