Stats Revamp 1.4 - Rage Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trexlight Devoted Player

Because of our Crash Mechanic we cant really rely on just having one breakout ability especially with it only 18 sec cooldown in those "oh crap Im countered and I need to hit my Rage Cancel ability". I expected to only have the 1 Breakout to keep it in line with the other Tank powers but still having the 2 Im thankful for that reason. It does hurt the Tank loadout still because those are 2 staple abilities that Rage Tanks need that helps themselves and the group.

With them being Breakout abilities, the CDs have to share the same cooldown with the other Tank powers
    • Like x 1
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

I dont expect them to give the Severe mechanic to RA again because it just duplicates the power and thats what they wanted to avoid in the Revamp. I do think that Severe in DPS Role should give the Damage Over Time Aura like RA does on Live to make it more appealing to the DPS Role.
    • Like x 1
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

I just woke up and gotta head into work but Ill address this when I get the free time :)
  4. SasquaT Dedicated Player

What kind of anserw is that ? Im asking for 100 % coldown reduce for ire just becouse we dont need "same" powers right ?
    I know ire is healing and ferocity dosnt but thats exactly my point we dont need 2 breakout one with 100 % coldown reduce will do .
    Why 100 % ? becouse like you said "oh crap Im countered and I need to hit my Rage Cancel ability"
    Now its like severe punishment is on 7 o'clock you hit ire then eviscerating chain to cancel rage crash then you hit sever punishment and when again its on 7 o'clock you need to hit ferocity just becouse ire coldown is way to long and its half way if coldown was reduced by 100 % you dosnt have to hit ferocity you can use ire over and over .
    I cant explain more precisely and dont warry about other tank powers they dosnt have rage crush mechanic .
    You can ask why ire coldown need to be reduced and why not ferocity i think ire becouse it dosnt have anything to do with DMG/DPS its pure tank power .
  5. Draezo New Player

Hello,
    Devs what did you do with the rage here? For dps, it's unplayable for now, combos use mana and it shouldn't be the case at all... Plus the combos should be in precision, not in might, it brings completly out the rage gameplay. You completly get out the dynamic, I don't recognize the power at all and i played it since it was created...
    Oh and also why do you increase the cooldown of every single power (specially the dreadful blast)??? Is it hype or what? Personnally i'm 100% against that idea, I want a dynamic gameplay, not slow as it is now... please stop with that cooldown increase idea, no thanks for me.
    • Like x 1
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

Your assessment isnt wrong. Like I said, I expected only to have 1 breakout too. The Devs probably thought about decreasing the CD too but the grand scheme of Tanks, all Breakouts are to be set to a standard of Cooldown which is 18 secs. If one ability gets a lowered CD then i expect all the others will too, regardless of the Uniqueness of the Power. So to keep the Cooldowns the same, they allowed us to keep our second Breakout. Now true, Ire is more Tanky than Ferocity when you look at the secondary abilities outside of them being Breakouts. Now they may come back further in Revamp Testing and make this change but Im keeping my doubts low. having the 2 isnt bad since we already use 2 on Live so "most" folks' rotations wont be effected.
  7. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Yes i agree that 2 breakout are playable but im still mising single pull in loadsout with 2 breakouts .I have use armories or change loadsout before some boss fights and there are some situations i wish i could have single pull and multi pull ( DWFE ) now i have to resign from without mercy to add single pull and i h8 that .
    I think its not big deal if devs reduce ire coldown and that will make rage tanking better other changes are not cool to be honest .
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

Okay, finally have time to reply. So finding the good is hard. One good thing I like is Redirected Rage is stronger than Live. Might need a bit more strengthening though. Comparing this to Live, we got nerfed plain and simple but at the same time remember Live and Test are 2 separate places.

Within Live we need the mechanic we have there because of the Damage being brought out and the amount of CCing going on. Those factors have been reduced on Test so our Mechanic needed to be brought down. On Live we dont really need Healers and I sometimes out heal my Healers. On Test, we need Healers and as Tanks, we should always need them so now Rage is on par with other Tanks needing to have a Healer to be effective. Now I say that not using Remorseless Recovery in my loadout (yay testing).

Our Health stacking was changed too in a new dynamic. Rage was the Master of Add Groups but we lacked surviving One v One Boss fights for the most part though. Different situations and all that (IM looking at you SM). Now our Health will stack per our Combo Counter which if the Math I did on the first page is right then its a bit bugged and Ill be looking at it more later through the weekend. Folks claimed wanting to be less turtle and more active and this brings that drive to do so and remember our Weapon combos AND our Rage Combos and other attack abilities will increase the Counter now. Now the possibility of getting to x50 on the counter is depending but the Health Stacking buff does last for about 12 secs so if the Combo Counter is reset you still have the Health buff until you either get back to the Counter # or after the 12 secs it'll go to the new Number as you increase. Its a variable I have to test out.

With it being the first weekend I expected to be less than you know? And so now we give some good feedback to strengthen it. The Damage/healing mechanic will need to be strengthened I can see that already but I dont agree with it needing to be 100% again. #MakeHealersMatter lol and the Health stacking again, might be my Math that is wrong but if its not then its broken.
    • Like x 1
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Wait, our Single Target pull is E. Chain so we have it. Situational because its also our Crash Canceler unless you run another Canceler in your loadout.
  10. r0kX1n9O4quzdJi Well-Known Player

is this real life?? only change i'm not happy about is the slight delay increase of 0.5 seconds on outrage mentioned by Jacob Dragonhunter i will take his word for it as i don't have the TS installed,will do right now and see if is worth maintaining my sub and wait for said revamp,because after all tanking and healing is my passion on any mmo that allow me to do so,besides that you are on the right path to remove the block fest that is tanking right now on high content (excluding ice tanking ofcourse)
  11. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Ok thats weak as .... 6 sec coldown for single pull specialy if u got 8 sec between rage crash you gona youse it only to cancel + this pull is the worst in game if you didnt notice .
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

Pulls are stronger in the Revamp and work much more than Live so its not weak anymore but Ill be doing some Pulling profiles with a buddy to see if these Pulls break Crowd Control. I think so far Atomic is still the only power that breaks CCs when it pulls.
  13. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Tell me how many times did you use that in life server as dps ? Even with melee loadsout its totaly BS.
    Arguments its better becouse some power is stronger but you not gona use it anyway is not argument.

We can say same about other tanks that sometimes they dont need healers becouse they self healing or shilding but other groupe members need healers always right so what is the point ? Mostly rage need healers same as other powers and thats the fact and i can explain you why .
    Severe punishment coldown is 12 sec but rage crash mechanic is 8 sec so you got 4 sec that you gona take damage and u can olny block and pray in that time .If u notice that every 8 sec u got less HP without healer you gona die just like other tanks .
    Im trying to figure out what you talking about about ? and how those changes are "good" in yours opinion and trying to find some good changes by myself so far i cant .
  14. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Its less about pull its more about taunts like "lasso" Eviscerating Chain dosnt have that + even if it does with this coldown its gona be used only to cancel rage crash .
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

Well i dont use a shield power in DPS Role and would only use Redirected Rage in a Tank or Weapon Only loadout really.

Like I said, its hard to find the good because we got nerfed. We did. On paper we got the nerf bat hard with some mechanic changes and numbers lowered. We are Godlike on Live and now meh on Test. its a totally different feel which is to be expected since Live and Test are night and day so would be the powers in terms of strength. Once I get into a Raid and Alert with Tanking and DPSing I'll have a better assessment on whats going on to provide feedback on what could be better.
  16. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

I cant allow a power like rage to be ruin like that, what defines dps rage from the other dps is his healings + crash. So why change the only thing that makes rage, rage? Rage is not the strongest power, i completely agree, but he also isnt as imortal as that, if you dont manage to cancel your rage crash you are as dead as someone else so. There is no need to nerf rage. I'm a beast and still i die so much whit rage crash. You got stunned by adds? Restrictor got you? You were 2 kind of pickup somebody and forget you had savage on?

Lets give some Love to Rage, Regenteless Come back to us. If they want to take Regenteless, take Severe Punishement instead.
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

WM is meant to give you extra damage output incase you're going Weapons only.

So literally you go like this Weapon buff, then start rotating WM combos and that'll increase your DPS for that playstyle.

If your ulitizing Hybrid or PFTT then it's best not to bother with it.

+1 from me, Like I said Dreadful blast's 2.5 second cooldown and no other ranged DPS powers for rage kinda break any sort of Ranged DPS foundation for the Rage powerset on test.

Channel hate could really use it, it's not doing anything particularly useful imo.
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Relentless Anger and Severe did the same thing so why have 2 abilities that did the same thing? Combing them was the smart decision. Only difference was RA gave a Damage over time Aura to targets around you. I would like that added to Severe in the DPS Role.
  19. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Heh so thats ok but 2 same breakout powers must stay ? Where is the logic ?
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

Like I said, I dont know. I expected to only have the one but because the Group Breakout standard is 18 secs and how our mechanic works, they let us keep both so we can keep it on cycle.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.