Stats Revamp 1.4 - Rage Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlequin Devoted Player

You would be wrong. He is so well known as a Rage tank that crashing is known as "pulling a Trex."

He is also quite right in pointing out you should stop spouting off without jumping on test and trying the changes yourself. I did not think it was possible after all your "pftt = AM" crap but you are proving yourself to be even more clueless than I originally thought.
    • Like x 6
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Hey man thanks but its not worth it. Like Kara said its best to not engage him. Its not worth the time. We have proper testing to do :)
    • Like x 2
  3. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Cool downs on combos in between tank & DPS roles do not match. The DPS role cooldowns for the combos is great...nice & short, Tank role 6 seconds :eek: ( I hope this is a mistake )
    • Like x 2
  4. BumblingB I got better.

That's how it is on live. It gives more risk to the tank side. But I feel that they should shorten them to the dps cooldown times now that damage is normalizing between roles.
    • Like x 1
  5. L T Devoted Player

Vindictive seems too expensive. At 7.5% per second it was a bit expensive. At 10% it's not worth it even with the defense buff.
    Also, the cool down is too long. Since neither the healing nor the defense buff linger once it's turned off, why have any cool down at all?
    Also, the way it is on test it's kind of hard to see (from the ability tray) that you've successfully turned it off (probably because of the cooldown timer).
    • Like x 1
  6. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Though I haven't tested, I don't think these changes are good. It reminds me of what happened with weapon mastery and clipping, they said clipping was still going to be relevant and then they completely ****** it. They might drop the ball in this area too and kill Rage.
    Rage tanks are fine, save for that infinite health bug. I know fullwell how rage tanks would make healers irrelevant, but that's not the case entirely. Sometimes enemies hit fast enough that it could make the rage tank healing mechanic unreliable, healers save the day in those situations. Not only that Rage Tanks are accompanied with excessive risk to complement their excessive yield. The fact that healers aren't needed might sound appalling, but just one single mistake from that Rage Tank could wipe the group.

Now about Rage DPS...
    [IMG]
    Can you make Rage any worse than this?
  7. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

I cant see these changes hitting live. To much they just ruined rage with this. No Way i refuse this cant be lol.
  8. tioalbert Well-Known Player

i like rage dps cr 166 is fine
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

That's why I mentioned it. If DCUO wants support roles more viable then the differences on the cool downs are not going to work.

Just imagine the frustration for new players that change roles by accident.
    Kinda like when new players sell all of their PVE equipment for PVP because it has better stats.
    Then they warp into an instance to find out everything as FUBAR.
    They then get b1tched at because others say they suck.
    They scream It's BROKE!!!! I quit!!! F this game............
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Agreed 100%....

One of the things i'm really starting to hate in this update is all this battle support role stuff, people are worried more about trying to be a dps then play their role. Theres a time and a place for that and it should be a option not forced on people. I'd like the focus to be on the main duty of the role not being a dps/tank. If you want to punch things once your geared up be my guest but i don't think that should be the way to go all the time and if under geared.
    • Like x 5
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Okay, I'm awake and more testing.
    I did a few live testing as well as dummy testing. Of course my damage on dummies will always be better, BUT live testing is resulting in similar regards. I'm getting about 16~20k parses at
    176 CR
    42998 power
    10678 might

This is showing that rage right now is in a good spot.

A couple of observations:
    • There is too much redundancy with the combos and ultimately, you still will probably use Outrage. Maybe changing one of the combos to be more useful. Maybe Frenzy, changed to a base 200 power to start and 100 combos after.
    • Cooldown on Echain makes it awkward to want to use it in rotation anywhere. Can it be at the same cooldown as Outrage?
    • Rage mechanic isn't really worth it in DPS side... Especially since the aura damage was removed.
    • Lacerate is not worth it AT ALL. It's a channel power with a very lame animation. I feel that it could be retooled to maybe a range option addition. IE can it be replaced with a range power or combo? (I would love to have the animation that Autrocitus has in Legends.)
    • Plasma Retch needs to become mobile, like Fear Gas, since the DoT component of JC was removed. I'll be honest, this power now doesn't fit anywhere very well in the powerset altogether.
    • Can we have Galling Eruption finally use the entire size of the animation?
    • Mangle's damage just is "meh". Not worth subjecting yourself to a really weird animation, tbh.
    • Vindictive is very costly...
    • Can tank get the dps cooldowns? Since you adjusting the way we defer damage, I don't see how having the ability to cancel when we want a bad thing and damage will increase for tanks.
    • Like x 3
  12. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

This post has all my yes.
  13. VioletSorceress Committed Player

A couple of things:

- Dreadful Blast's cooldown is too long now and we cant clip last combo with another Dreadful Blast.
    - Id like Outrage's extra cast to be changed from melee Tap to a melee Hold combo like other combos. I guess it was made a Tap so that it could be optional but I think we all gonna always use it so it might as well be changed into a Hold combo, Tap combo makes me mess the rotation.
    - Id prefer if Frenzy is changed to a single long sequence power like the ones Catwoman and Cheetah Legends chars have. Its awkward as a combo ability and I doubt anyone would use it.
    - Channel Hate doesnt fit anywhere. It should be changed to AoE or scrapped and replaced by another power.
    - Rage DPS doesnt have a quick spammable 100 power cost burst AoE. Could be something like AoE version of Rage Blast or reworked burst AoE version of Channel Hate. This type of ability is key for someone who would want to play with Weapon clipping instead of combos.
    - Relentless Anger's animation is a bit lacking. Animation seem weird with empty hands, could we leap at enemies holding spiked maces or with construct claws ?
    • Like x 3
  14. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

Out of the powers that need real rework why did they rework the heals? Why not rework Channel Hate? Why not rework plasma retch why not rework frenzy? Why nerf us? WHY?
  15. IamINC Dedicated Player

Calm down dude , it's only phase one of these powers on test right now , there will be plenty of tweaks and re works in the next few weeks just like the other powers.

Give it some time man and chill , let them take our feedback on board and adjust accordingly , help with this by testing and posting your data and suggestions.
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You are aware this derailing and constant crying/ belittling of others will most likely result in a perma ban on Monday right? I just hope it's all worth it for you.
    • Like x 4
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'd really prefer it if we could have channel hate as an Extra-ranged DPS combo, the last thing I wanna do is resort back to spamming dreadful blast and calling that a rotation.

Agree with everything else though.
    • Like x 1
  18. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Frenzy its totaly melee power now u cant hit from any range which is bad .

How many powers we got for range dps ?
    Dreadful Blast ,Rage Blast ,Plasma Retch,Chanel Hate,Gaining Eruption, Rage Bringer, Without Mercy,Ferocity,Bloodlust.
    How many are usefull ?
    Dreadful Blast ,Gaining Eruption and maybe Rage Blast
    Can you pls tell us how we can cryate good loadstout with just 3 powers ?

Plasma Retch totaly not worth to use becouse there is no jump cancel same as Chanel Hate .
    Without Mercy to long coldown + low dmg
    Rage Bringer sucks animation + low dmg
    Ferocity 18 sec coldown + only one tick
    Bloodlust its just weapon atack buff
    Im not gona mention about SC its not hard to figure out why ( becouse those are bad as well )

So all we got for range rage dps is 3 powers well good luck with that.
    What is yours loadout for this testing question for 100 points ?

Same question for all players what is yours best optimal loadsout for range rage dps ?

For me its Gaining then spaming DB till power out then bloodlust and range weapon till power up if u got anything better pls let me know .
    To be honest i prefer what we got now on life server its less boring.
  19. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Your post is exactly what I was thinking when I was testing rage.

The red highlighted was what I am starting to think about all power sets that have combos. I think it will make combos much more functional all around.
  20. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

TBH fatal is right i might as well just test what we have right now on Test, so far im on the same page with this. The diversity is lacking alot with rage on test the way it is atm. Hybrid with HB as the weapon of choice, Blood lust, Dreadful blast, galing. Is pretty much the only usefull i see. And dreadful CD is to high. And Melee isnt a option anymore sense the heals are gone now. So im not really feelings whats on test atm
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.