Stats Revamp 1.4 - Rage Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Doesn't take a genius to know that 2 breakouts, while doing the exact same thing don't share the same cooldowns like RA and SP do.
    • Like x 2
  2. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Exactly did you try use RA on Tank? I did and was real bad, but realy bad. Same goes for Sever on dps, is realy bad belive me.
  3. SasquaT Dedicated Player

I think you know they change relentles becouse it was good healing power for DPS and thats the reason why it was changed and i agree becouse it was not fair with other powers but they should also change that ire coldown becouse other powers can have multi pull and lasso in one loadsout (ice dosnt have to remove reflection or other shield to use it) .

Where are all those melee lovers how they gona use melee without relentles ?
    Im sure about one thing many people not gona like new changes. Houston devs got a problem .
    Funny part is you was also melee protector nr 1 what happend ? for me melee was BS from start so i can live with that :)
  4. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

These are overall good changes.

The healing reduction on newly-named enrage is necessary if you want to introduce a defense increase as massive as 105% at MINIMAL potential, while also making healers much more useful to rage tanks, as well as equalizing rage's performance between small and large numbers of enemies. It made rage unbalanced in the first place, and led to power discrimination. 25% healing loss from enrage is now very easily compensated by remorseless recovery.

Scar tissue feels wonky and seems to favor weapons that hit much more frequently, I suggest looking into it a bit more.
    A personal idea I would suggest would be adding a hit combo when successfully countering an opponent(player or NPC) with block. This would promote smart counter mechanic play without the fear of losing the scar tissue hit counter buff, and wouldn't promote the build-your-hitcounter like a madman as it does on current version of test server.

• Like x 3
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

RA and Severe are the same in terms of healing on Live. There's no difference there. Again, RA's Damage Aura is missing and Ido request it being added to Severe's Ability for DPS Role. Being in Melee without though will need testing and having that Aura will be missed but just using Severe in combination with Remorseless Recovery like I do on Live will give me the survivability Im use to. Im still a supporter of Melee and will be testing it through this Revamp
  6. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

Why do you keep lieing to the players saying RA and SP was the same they WERE NOT! Tanks used SP and DPS's used RA. RA did NOT give you any form of HP stacking and in turn gave you a POT aura. SP Stacked your health based on your surroundings and gave control resistance. As you can see the actual rage mains here hate this change. This completely takes away what rage was in the first place. We never asked for a rework of rage, rage could have easily been balanced on test with it still having 100% healing. Like it is on live balanced. Now we cant melee anymore, they took away what made rage fun. we never cared about making top dps we never cared about being the best tank for every raid. We have fun with our power!
  7. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Ok good luck with that not many rage left in game most i know quit or switched powers .
  8. Karasawa Loyal Player

Keep in mind that NPCs will no longer one-shot you on Test. That means anyone can get closer to the action and try to melee without immediately getting obliterated. Test is a totally different beast than Live.
  9. RLManuel Committed Player

that's how it usually is... you see a lot of people talking about rage on here and what needs to be done to it but the reality is that most of them don't even play as rage.
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

Correct, RA never did the Health Stacking. I wasnt referring to that though. RA and SP both absorb the Damage taken and to it into Healing. Thats what I was talking about. The "PoT Aura" which is Savage State was part of the Advance Mechanic and was removed with the Revamp.

As a Rage Main, its fine. The only thing i want for Severe is to have the Damage over Time Aura RA gave added to it for the DPS Role. Severe can still be used in DPS Role. There's nothing stopping you or any other player from playing melee and Illhave videos to prove it. The only issue currently in this phase is the Power Usage on Combos is high which as you cansee, isnt affected by RAor Severe issues you claim.
  11. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

i highly doubt your a rage main. There is not 1 rage main that are taking these changes easy sense we main the power because WE LIKE IT. And the concept of it, rage having two powers that was similar only made the power unique. The 100% Heal mechanic was never took away from rage, after all the nerf rage got the heals kept us together because that is the main reason us rage mains like rage. We like the fact that we can feel unstoppable when were actually not unstoppable we have weaknesses. If you were a REAL rage main you would use your logic and say "maybe these changes are a bit to drastic for rage players, i think there is other alternative to balance the power on test server without removing its 100% healing". All of my friends that main rage are freaking just as furious as i am.
    • Like x 1
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its good to get both sides of feedback because it brings in another aspect that someone else might not have seen or experienced.
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

Well good luck to ya buddy.
    • Like x 3
  14. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Rage is useless for DPS in its current state. I won't even lie.
    • Like x 1
  15. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Not to cut you down but I think you are very wrong with how rage received its revamp. There literally has been no work really done to rage except a gigantic NERF. The DPS is completely useless and the tanking side is kinda meh.
  16. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

your right, and its getting nerfed yet again. LIKE IS THIS A TROLL? Iv tested rage on live its about at the same place it is on live damage wise compared to the other powers. Only difference is THEY TOOK AWAY OUR HEALS to piss off rage mains.
  17. Elusian Crowd Control

I'm getting similar results as with other powersets with Hybrid. You might want to specify where you see issues as PFfT currently is underperforming so the combo builds are all behind by default.
    • Like x 1
  18. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

pftT wise our heals, Combo wise our heals.....OUR HEALS!
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

- i suggest to change the way "channel hate" works or replace it or whatever u intend to do but in its current state it will never be used by anyone in any situation not even in a fun build, its a wasted ability slot similar to "heat absorption" for fire.

- i like the extra tap combo done on outrage because of that u can nearly combo outrage into outrage , the power cost of the following 2nd and 3rd combo are a bit to high in my opinion.( 200+200+200 ?)

-also like the changes to RA ,leap in from max distance+knockback+SCG+PI ->totally rage like ,not only pvp players will thank you 4 that :)
    • Like x 2
  20. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I'm trying to figure out which alternate world I'm playing in, where Rage was the most OP thing ever and just completely untouchable. No healer needed. All content was run with a Rage tank, 1 troll and 6 dps. I must be playing a completely different game. I have never run an at tier end game raid with out healer. I'm sure I could do it, but you'd be relying on your soda, your supply and everyone else's. You could argue that other tanks, who know what they're doing, don't need to be healed as much as someone who doesn't know what they're doing. We're not invincible. I think people are forgetting that if you don't cancel your crash, you die. I see a lot of rage tanks that rely on a reducer, rather than cancelling. You're also vulnerable when Severe is on CD. I'd love for you guys to run DWF as Rage and tell me how OP it is, with each boss doing the stomp. But sure. OP.

I ran Oly twice, once with out Remorseless Recovery and once with. It was a night and day difference. You're forced to run RR or else you won't survive when SP is on CD. I don't like that I can't run With Out Mercy. It's a vital power I use for the AoE pull. Ragebringer doesn't do what WoM does. It's unfortunate that the defense buff isn't applied to other powers so that you can run varying loadouts. I can't remove a breakout b/c, well, breakouts are not 100% fixed and I still run into being thrown around like a rag doll. So, relying on one breakout would not be a smart move.

Since our health buff was capped, why is SP only healing 75%? I'd rather see the 100% heals back and the defense buff lowered.

I'm also confused as to why I'm now HAVING to play as a battle tank. It's more efficient to bring my combo counter up through weapon attacks, rather than using my pull. So instead of giving the option to play as a battle tank or play as I'd like to, I have to play as a battle tank. That's not what I prefer. I'd rather have a choice instead of being pigeon holed into something.

The thing that made Rage different and unique, was changed b/c of some myth. I'm not a fan of these changes. I don't like that even with these updates, the gameplay still feels slow and I feel like I'm just a DPS with a tank symbol next to my name.
    • Like x 14
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.