Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I agree with half and see where it's at then it will be half of that lol. Be like 25 pwr per combo
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Do not remove C&C from powers like ram. HL players use these powers to keep NPC's off balance. Removing any C&C power from controller power is not a good idea.

I know some have mentioned it because they are wanting more damage but this is a huge mistake even considering removing any C&C from powers like ram. You will have a riot on your hands from PVP & PVE players a like if you remove C&C from any of the HL powers.

Considering HL powers/players work more like melee.
    DCUO needs to figure out how HL can regen power better than it is right now.

(edit)
    This will help fix the issue with light claws and help with power for controller role.

DCUO needs to make additional power back for HL that works off of the hit counter from construct combos.
    ( keyword......additional )
    • Like x 2
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

Just to clarify, power Ram still CCs. Only combo extensions had their CC removed, and they were compensated with more damage.
  4. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Like I said removing the C&C from the combos is a no go. Controllers do not need more damage they need C&C.
    Look at the red comment within the OP reply. I also use that C&C to push NPC's back in DPS roles as do many others. If you can push them back they cannot knock you out. The C&C needs to stay.
    • Like x 1
  5. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

You know your not going to be comboing with light as a troll right?? The ones with debuffs I can understand. Is it hard to make cc not work in dps but still work in trolling ?I've always cared about trolling first but I still don't know wut their intentions are with cc cuz they were taking a step back from it.

Ram isn't a debuff so cc def should be removed. Imp should have the same treatment if pot is going to be passive. Hc isn't a debuff I'm sorry but this power needs some help and this should def happen. You shouldn't be using ram as a light troll. I'm sure youll certain things in your loadout but somethings gotta give. I could see on live which ram should def not be in your loadout as a troll specially with imp basically doing the exact samething.

I'm a light troll and I'm really cofused here.
    • Like x 2
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I combo as a controller all the time and have zero issues. I use the hit counter from the combos like weapons. Instead of using weapons I use the combos. It's a really simple concept. Pot/ power dump....combo power dump combo rinse & repeat. Ram is in the ranged combos that I use to keep my hit counter up.
    Also, Ram in a combo is no different than using a weapon for power regen.

I will add that is if someone has issue managing their own power and is a Mr. Spammsallot then I resort to
    POT / power dump & weapons. I adjust according to the groups needs.

How often have you played since GU 47 came out?
    I asked that because your sig implies you have not played very much recently.

We have to consider the players that have been playing since that update two years ago.
    • Like x 1
  7. Karasawa Loyal Player

I don't think the combo extensions count as weapon attacks anymore so they shouldn't be regenerating your power.
  8. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I know that and you are totally missing the point that I said in the previous post. The combos should add additional power back like weapons do since light functions more like melee.

Doing this will also help with the power issues with claws and the other 300 combo powers.
  9. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

O

If they went with no power with constructs then I can c wut ur saying but you still got most of your loadout as of right now with debuffs regardless of getting hit counter with power or not ur waisting power comboing. I couldn't really comment totally without knowing cc intentions.

I'll wait and c but I get both roles cuz I play both mainly more troll then anything n wutever they do to cc they do to cc at this point for me.

I hate trolling in this revamp I wanna at least be able to play one role. Imo lets wrry bout cc when they revisit it is my though cuz we don't really know anything.
    • Like x 1
  10. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

You actually bring up a good point with zero cost combos.

If there is to be a balance in between the three types of play styles.

Combos or their extensions rather....
    The combos extensions must basically work like weapons with the exception of them being might based instead of precision based.

There is no if ands or buts about it.
    I think when if the Devs look it it from that angle it will be a lot easier to balance.
  11. Karasawa Loyal Player

I disagree about making combo extensions cost nothing. Doing a combo rotation is the same as any other PftT rotation. Doing Ram-ST-Fan is the same as doing Arc Lightning-Tesla Blast-Shockwave. They cost the same power and are the same speed. The only difference is what button you press.
  12. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Elec can't clip those powers consistently because of animation and cooldowns.
    • Like x 2
  13. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea i've done a few things with rage and holy s*** when you have to break out your done. I spec into the breakout masteries also but that doesn't even help with how high the breakout cost is. I don't understand why its so darn high. Even the simplest combo with light (ram,snaptrap,fan) you empty your bar in like 4 combos. Thats just ridiculous.
  14. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Also realized that elec does weapon taps or combos between those abilities, while HL can't. Any tap or hold at the wrong time will result in another combo instead of weapon power regen.
    • Like x 2
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Combos are not like a normal PftT. With combos your overlapping powers every time and most are at a faster pace then pftt and some are at a much faster pace then PftT.

Its so easy to see right now the power issues with light and rage just go play something. Power cost on every input is just not working out.
    • Like x 4
  16. Brother Allen Loyal Player

That is the key part of your post that a lot of people need to understand and see.

People won't understand just how aggravating it is to try and play some of the Light rotations in actual content until they go and do it. Don't get me wrong, sparring target data is key to balance but the breakouts that must be performed while in actual combat eat away so much power. I think some of the problem also stems from we can no longer counter NPC's with our constructs thus we don't have immunity which means we get CC'd way more on Test than we do on Live. I can't stress that enough to the Developers. I really hope they are paying attention to this because if they aren't it is going to make DPS'ing incredibly aggravating once these changes go Live.

If they want to keep the breakout cost what they are that's cool but in exchange buff the ever loving piss out of the breakout innates in the movement trees that give you power back because right now...the power they give back isn't worth the skill points.
    • Like x 5
  17. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Anyone know if those scale off vit or power pool now? On live, I could've swore they gave me like roughly the same power I used to breakout if not slightly more sometimes. I haven't actually looked it at on test to know if it's the same or how to increase it.
  18. Karasawa Loyal Player

Just hear me out for a sec. Yes, Elec can clip range taps between each of its powers but it doesn't need to in order to PftT effectively. And yes, HL can clip its combo extensions with combo starters but that doesn't mean you should be doing it every other second like you guys have been doing.

You've literally been clipping a 200-300 cost ability on top of a 100 cost ability every single second and then wondering why it uses so much power.

My goal tonight when I get home is to get the base damage values of another powerset to compare with HL. Ram-ST-Fan is a 200-100-100 rotation so it should do comparable damage to any other 200-100-100 PftT rotation in other powersets. If the damage is not comparable, then we have a problem on our hands and I'm going to be writing about it tomorrow night.
  19. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

For the actually people testing stuff man ...oyyyyy is all i gotta say doing this but I guess someone gotta do it . Got some new respect from me I'll tell ya tht.
    Doing a parse here n there but this gives me a migraine everytime. Lol
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The breakout costs have to be a miss calculation cause theres now way thats intended....i hope.

And yea playing in content is key, you especially see how bad it is in solos,duos and alerts with the ccing and the breakouts.

I'm also kinda sad that we can't counter with the powers anymore and i agree that not getting those immunities def hurts. On live i've got so good with light that i can counter with the constructs like i was using a weapon and thats what keeps the slow boring combo on live fun for me, but hey if i can clip like a maniac in the future i'll take that trade off!
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.