Stats Revamp 1.4!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avair Administrator

Hello AGAIN! It’s time for another round of Stats Revamp reading. I had to make this one shorter because my keyboard is beginning to wear down and IT doesn’t want to keep replacing them.

Today we will be talking about the following:
    • Weapon Balance Pass
    • Mod Transition
    • Power Set Revamps
    Weapon Balance Pass

This update contains the second balance pass for the weapon playstyle. The main thing we focused on was making weapon-focused players deal more damage, with a slant toward giving those who go deeper into weapons even more damage. We did the following to accomplish this:

Weapon Combos

PftT and Hybrid users primarily use (and get lots of) powers, but still have access to weapon combos if they so desire (though what PftT player wants combos?). Weapon users are sort of the inverse; weapon users primarily use weapon combos, but still have access to tray abilities for use from time to time. To this end we have increased the damage of weapon combos based on the duration it took to get to the attack. Here it is most simply:
    • Weapon Combos after 2.5 seconds have gotten a scaling damage increase that grows until you invest 4 seconds into using the combo
    This means that the longer the combo chain takes to perform, the more damage it does. This will give weapon users a significant boost in damage and encourage them to use longer combos. It will also give a more meaningful choice for hybrid players, as they determine how long they are going to combo before switching back to tray abilities.

Weapon Mastery

Weapon mastery combos got the same treatment as all other combos, so they will continue to be the top of the heap for weapon DPS. One thing to note here is that we increased the damage of the weapon mastery attack to include the scaling combo bonus, plus a little extra. In the end, you should be seeing a marked damage increase from weapon masteries.

...Controllers? What?!

One of the major things that controllers bring to the group is power healing. Power directly increases damage for people who use abilities. What it doesn’t do is give weapon focused players a boost, until now. We implemented a simple weapon damage buff from controllers when they user use their power heal. It works like this:
    • Heals the power of the 3 group members with the lowest power and the controller (already does that!)
    • Grants a percentage weapon damage buff to the 3 group members with the highest current power and the controller
    • This buff lasts for 12 seconds, so theoretically many people can get it over the course of a fight, but its most likely that the weapon user who constantly sits at high power will get it
    This is our first iteration of a piece of functionality to perform this purpose, so it’s likely we will be iterating on it over the course of Stats Revamp, but it should help Controllers give more to weapon users than they used to. Please tell us what you think!
    Mod Transition

I want to address mods and the transition players will likely face when the Stats Revamp goes live. When Stats Revamp goes live, players will have more choices to make with their mods than they currently do. On top of that, certain power sets will want to use mods with different stats, because we have changed which stats impact which abilities (more on that in the Light thread).

To address this transition, we have come up with a plan! This plan will allow for you to get the correct mods of your choice, and with little to no effort on your part. The details of this plan are not ready for public consumption, but please know that there is one, we recognize the concern, and will share more when we have narrowed down how it will work on the technical side of things.

Power Set Revamps

This update, like the others, consists of 3 power set updates. The three we updated this time are:
    • Nature
    • Rage
    • Light
    Nature

Nature received some ability adjustments, mostly to bring them in line with the new ability balance standards. Forms were adjusted the most dramatically, but are still quite useful. Nature’s focus is still primarily on DoTs and HoTs. We also threw in a couple of quality of life improvements, like giving shape changes access to full suites of weapon attacks.

To check out the changes visit Shin-O-B’s Nature post here.

Rage

Rage got a similar ability adjustment to bring them in line with the rest of the game. The main mechanics that we took a look at were Severe Punishment and HP stacking. These have both been retained but tweaked so that they can exist in the same world as ice and atomic. I think the changes will allow rage tanks to be a little bit better-rounded, but still feel all rage-y.

To check out the changes visit Moja’s Rage post here.

Light

I sound a bit like a broken record here, but Light also got their abilities tweaked for balance. The majority of their changes came from switching their combos to function with Might instead of Precision and balancing the costs of using their combo attacks.

Spord has more information in his post here.

As always, please let us know what you think about the changes and we look forward to hearing from you about these and any other change we have done in the past. Thanks!
    • Like x 4
  2. bmce84 Loyal Player

A question about mods, wouldn't having to use more powers mean being at risk of loosing the color bonus we get from matching the sockets, meaning for example I decided to use Dominance and Power for blue sockets on dps, but as such I don't need Dominance but I still wanted the extra Might, so going pure Power would have penalized me from doing so. Can something be done about this because I don't see how we get more options if we are losing the socket bonus.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Tell IT to quit being cheap and get you a new keyboard, it's for a good cause
    • Like x 3
  4. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!!
    • Like x 3
  5. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Can we be able to change the color of the affinity mods? That would allow for more modding with better role-related bonuses.
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Are you saying you are using Dominance and Power for blue sockets on dps on live right now? Dominance doesn't help that much for dps so health would be better for survivability.

As for the stats revamp, for blue sockets.
    PftT would likely want to use Health and Power (survivability and increased power pool)
    Weapon based dps would likely want to use Health and Precision (surviviability and increase to weapon based damage stat)
    Hybrid could use either Health and Might or Health and Precision depending on if they use more tray abilities or weapon attacks.

As always, you do have a choice to not get the socket affinities, and just mod straight with the stat you want. But that is your choice to sacrifice the affinity for the extra stats (that you could get by having more skill points).
    • Like x 1
  7. bmce84 Loyal Player

I forgot about that one, however the issue of affinities remains which is my point remains, they say we'll have more options but choosing to use tray means needing more power mods which we can't have because then we would lose the affinity bonus.

Oh and I don't know where you get that I was using dom/power on live, this is testing forums.
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

Ah, thought we might finally get Earth now but looks like I'll have to wait even longer. Oh well, there's always gonna be powers that have to be in the last phase.
  9. inferno Loyal Player

@Avair - there's no thread for the weapon testing? I'll post it here for now as I don't want to create a thread for it.

I'm posting the same results on the HL thread and weapon thread and I am adding the Electric build and Mental build as a comparison. Using the same gear and mods except for the weapon build which is prec based instead of Might.

Toon is 173 cr - vendor gear, modded with Might and power and health and power and no base mods or league mods are activated. 170 sp allocation 20 critical chance, 40 critical damage 109 to power. These are all the same for the power testing.

Tested on the 3 league sparring bots, on a 10 second parser. For Electric, After the 10 second parser is posted I leave for 20 seconds to get the average 10 because the DOT causes a damage remainder. Each rotation usually ends at the 10 second interval with no power left. I am purposely not using any supercharge attack.

These are all PpfT and no weapons are used.
    Electric:
    arc lightning -- static push-- electrocute-- shockwave-- tesla ball --arc lightning --shockwave--static push-- tesla ball.
    Average damage per second is 15k. total average damage is150k

Mental - I am going to use Mental as the base to compare as I just could not find a rotation to match Electric's damage output without using a supercharge.
    mass terror-- phantom flames-- mass levitation --telekinetic bolt --repeat rotation
    Average damage per second is 12k. Total average damage is 120 k

Hard Light -
    chompers, fan into claw into minigun repeat rotation until power is out which ends at 10 seconds.
    Average damage per second is 12k. total average damage is 120k.

Finally, for the weapon I switched armor to mod with Precision instead of might. I activated the staff into rifle WM. SP allocation 20 to critical chance, 40 to critical damage and 90 into precision. Using HL's inspiration for increased weapon attack. This is the most damage I could find using the weapon, the weapon mastery into rifle and anything else drops the damage into 90k total average.

inspiration for increased weapon damage; downward smash combo clipped with lightweight; repeat rotation until the 10 sec parser repeates.
    Average damage per second is 11k. Total average damage is 110k.

I tried to use other combos with inspiration but they are really bad; ranging from an average total damage of 50 k to 90 k. The WM into rifle was the one hitting for 50k total. Other staff combos were averaging from 85 to 90k. By clipping the Downward smash combo with lightweight, I was able to go up to 110k. Pretty close but this is more a Hybrid style than a pure weapon attack.
  10. Aemondorth New Player

OMG,HL changing from Precision to Might!! FINALLY!!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Maxwill Committed Player

Please fix Current Effects as soon as possible !

It's been so many weeks since it got broken and you guys released another update and current effects is still not fixed...
    • Like x 1
  12. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

Could you elaborate further what exactly are the requirements for an attack to qualify as weapon combo, more specifically, when that 2.5 second time frame ends?

Tested HB's pulse beam, which lasted 3.8 seconds, but I didn't see any damage increase from 2.5 seconds into the animation.

So the thing is:
    While the entire attack lasts (up to) 3.8 seconds (if you tap range, tap range and hold range for as long as you can), the time in which the player varies their input is only 1.5 seconds (so for 2.3 seconds they just keep the range button held down).

I'm asking for a little clarification on that.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I'm a little concerned with balance between damage potentials. These current 3 just feel like damage is better for them than in the previous ones.

I've only been testing pftt, so my response is in relation.
    Nature and Rage were parsing 20k/s at 176 CR same stats heavy into power. (maxed the sp purchase.) But Gadgets, no matter what rotation, I couldn't get it to go above 16k. And I tried many rotations. It's like the new builds are doing it better. Which concerns me a lot. Considering that seems to be the MO of a lot of newer powers. The early ones get into a spot and you learn how to make later ones more efficient, thus making the older ones obsolete. I don't want another spiral of up and up going on.

Anyways, I'm pretty tired, heading to bed. Will do more testing at a later time. /wave

Edit: Oh and a buff for group weapon only on instant power? Why not just straight damage increase? As I can assure you, as a pftt user, you would want that too...
    • Like x 2
  14. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

If your using the Combo meter as a source (gauge?) for damage, I can see how that may get quite addicting for a player.
  15. wodin69 New Player

To clarify please, are people unhappy in general with HL on live??? Is it OP? Is it an unfair advantage to use? Or is it suffering compared to other revamped powers?
    I only ask as a HL player with a toon from HL implimentation. Having played through years of changes I find the current HL combination of stats and combos to be very rewarding and enjoyable.
    Im I in the minority when I say 'if it aint broke, dont fix it'..?
    • Like x 2
  16. Pults Loyal Player

Group buffs in general should cover 8 players and be % based not just precision or might. In raids when a buff is applied there is no guarantee that it will be applied on DPS instead you often see tanks and healers being buffed, like why???
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

can nature users please finally get the ability to see their aura's WHILE in bug form if they choose to use bug form to heal?

Its annoying to get some of these really nice things you put into the game for us but yet hidden behind a bug form.
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I want to put phoenix material on my bug haha!
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

why not both? A corrupted bug covered in phoenix material?
    • Like x 1
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

• "Recharge While in Control Role, buffs yours and 3 group members Weapon DPS and Precision by 10% for 12 seconds"
    I'm a bit concerned about this but i like the idea we just have to make sure its implemented correctly. So the instant power buffs precision but is that stacking with my prec buff or will it override it and scale off the trolls prec or stack onto mine and scale with my prec?? It would stink to have a override issue and be hurting players rather then helping.

And my second concern is PftT and combo powers don't get a benefit from this. What if it was prec and might or maybe crit chance and mag so all players could benefit from it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.