Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Great work.. But are you saying HL is good for range dps? Bcuz i know a couple of people that would disagree.. Ive used the same mods and spec and this is far the worst power on test.. Melee might be great but range is not good.. Since you have the numbers.. let me know what u think.. thanks
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Power cost with light aren't really that bad it only takes 4 trolls to power me lol.

I had 46000+ power and 4 trolls and i could still drain or come close to draining my bar in between sodas. And thing is i was taking it easy on the clipping i could have been going a bit faster. Now this is the heaviest power cost loadout but still it should not take 4 trolls to do this thats just insane. In order for light to match the dps of other powers fast paced clipping is needed and if power cost stay like this light will always be behind....well unless you have 6 trolls so you can actually spec into some dps stats lol

I can't say this enough times, every input of the combos cannot cost power cause it doesn't give you anytime to regen power and just flat out costs to much power, with the way your always clipping and overlapping powers its just to much. I really think we need to drop the input power costs and see where we stand from a power perspective cause right now numbers i can get with other powers that i can sustain by myself or with one troll i can't touch with combo powers cause of power issues.

For example with 2 trolls and elec speced 1 skill point in power i can use whatever laodout/rotation i want and be fine with power but with the same 2 trolls with light or rage speced 174 skill points in power and modded might/power with a power pool of 46000+ i still can't complete many successful rotations and thats just not good for the power set or for the trolls who always say they don't want to be a battery. How can you expect someone to play a power like that? I guess you could say run the infinite combos but the dps they do is so low i wouldn't want that guy in my group or would i want to play like that myself.

I say this in the nicest possible way and mean no disrespect but really just jump on the game quick and try to do a few rotations or play rage or light in content and you'll see for yourself the situation thats going on here.

At the end of the day we all always have a great time as you can hear from the vid of us giggling like school girls but this defiantly is a pretty serious concern.

Also theres some weird bug where when a dps and troll are in close proximity to you your damage goes down for some reason. Its kinda like a group nerf bonus lol. Not really sure whats going on there.....???
    • Like x 11
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

What you're not considering is Fan has combo extensions too. In the time it takes to do Chainsaw + 4 taps (210-272 base damage / 700 power cost) I could have done Fan, Impact, Grasping Hand, GH-Pull, Fan for 262-294 base damage and the same power cost at max range.
  4. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I had only 1 day testing HL, but power cost for comboing needs to be reduced at least in a half and the dmg of the construct combos needs a little buff. I had to rely a lot in my weapon to regen power, and for HL thats its a big no-no.
    • Like x 3
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I agree, range damage pales in comparison to other powers unless you go clip happy. Basically both HL and rage face the same issue they do now on live server. To get the most out of them, you need to be in the bosses face. When you're in the bosses face, survival becomes an issue. If HL and rage could melee relatively safely, they would be the best DPS powers on both live and test server.
    • Like x 1
  6. Karasawa Loyal Player

I need more time to play and figure stuff out, but as of now I can say you'll be best off fighting at mid-range using power Fan and construct Whip Thrash as your heavy hitters.
    • Like x 1
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The range is good on light you just need a raid group full of trolls. Rages range damage is there also but it needs another power to fill the gap where DB is on cooldown.

Have you been able to test the dps that rage can do melee if you have power? OMG :eek:
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yes, E-chain critting 33k+ on enemies below 35% health? It made me cry that it used up so much power. HL I haven't messed much with the clipping, only tried RSF.I more so tested the infinite combo chain and it's damage is pale, I fear HL will be clipping or get out when it reaches live server, which I guess is fine cause that's what people wanted (the OG HL players anyway). I'll test more range clipping loadouts this week see if I can match my electric hybrid damage with it.
    • Like x 1
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

I get what you are saying, but melee rotations are still stronger than range, which is why i asked if Range could be buffed because melee is still stronger, yes it costs more but with a troll you can work around it.
  10. r0kX1n9O4quzdJi Well-Known Player

As it stands right now things aren't going to work out for both Combo powersets,first we have rage who is the most risk/reward powerset in the entire game period,having to be aware of your HP,manage your power and avoid being interrupted to converse power is already a pain,and with the very steep values on power costs,not gonna happen,atleast not for the casual or average player

next we have Light who is on another level of ridiculous right now,if we take in consideration that a player is on minimum or suggested CR for the content he is queueing to or solo if is the case,he will have trouble maintening his power,first that Light users get interrupted frequently and no one is crazy enough to wait to stand up to conserve power when you are in typhon monster invasion when 3 or 4 adds can pop from nowhere and send you straight to valhalla,second like i mentioned before there is a reason rage and light users consume so feel power on Live,we get interrupted,out dmg output is not the biggest,one is meele only and the other is ranged only,being interrupted where doing a combo means you have to restart,rage mechanic can be easily avoided but with high power cost the "oh sheit" moments can become more hard to deal with,and last not least this video who was uploaded 5 hours ago show something funny (not really,just sad) how we have pot and 3-4 battery at SPARRING target who gives you power in a short interval,if this video doesn't tell you how the power costs for combos are way to high now,i'm sorry but then nothing else will convince you or anyone who disagree that the power costs are too high anymore.

• Like x 1
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Now imagine running with 3 Trollers yet getting CC'd and having to start over...your power bar would be legit empty after one break out and trying to do some of those rotations :(.

I initially thought the power cost wasn't too bad but I have changed my tune since then. Power cost definitely need to be lowered a bit along with the cost of power it takes to break out.
    • Like x 4
  12. Karasawa Loyal Player

I don't want Fan to do less damage. I want Chainsaw to do more because it's a melee ability that's currently doing less damage than the ranged options. We've come full circle now, lol.
    • Like x 3
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

This is an issue for the auto PoT in Controller role, it is not exclusive to Light. I reported it back during either 1.1 or 1.2, but it's still happening. The timing for the PoT ticks becomes inconsistent for no obvious reason that I can see. I have written in when it drops and for how long using annotation, so make sure you have them turned on while watching. (And my apologies for the background noises and button presses. I didn't realise my mic was recording) Just to be clear, when I say PoT "drops" the lightning bolt icon is still there, but I don't get the ticks above my head.
    • Like x 3
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Would it be possible for Inspiration, and by extension the weapon buff from Recharge in Troll role, to have a visual effect? It's the only weapon buff that has no visual effect. Doesn't have to be anything new, just shrink down the Light Barrier animation and apply it to the hands or recolour Celestial's Benediction or Rage's Bloodlust or something.
    • Like x 1
  15. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Crappy come on man.. HL is trash.. excuse me i mean HL is not COMPETITIVE. By using the infinite power rotation is not how it was meant to be played bro.. The WHOLE powerset needs a BUFF..I can do the infinite combo for HL, but realistically the infinite combo is a work around how the power ACTUALLY PLAYS.. like if you just follow the chain combos(excluding melee), you'd probably see how non competitive HL is.. just my two cents..

Rage is OP.. its supposed to be.. its a melee power.. I like it like that, but the power cost to me is an issue.. i suggested a number of times for the power cost to be 300>Free
  16. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Good video.. I never understood, if they increased everyones power pools by 2x, why wasnt VIT scaled alongside with it? This seems irrational. 300 ticks is useless when our power bar is like 36k.. what u think?
  17. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Or what u think about the power cost being 300>free?
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's not as cut and dry as that though, because we also have the innate self power regen now as well as much higher regen from weapon attacks. I haven't, however, run many raids on test as a Controller so I don't accurately know what it's like at the moment.
  19. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Handclap(x3) -> rifle tap -> grasping hand -> fan -> rifle tap is really good competitive single target damage. 3 targets ranged using ram and fan clipping I didn't test yet. needs power since the rotation is actually long and has dips so 10 second reads won't be as accurate.
    • Like x 1
  20. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

No i agree.. But realisitcally is that how HL is supposed to be played? If the devs knew we still rifle tap clipping with HL, HL is going to go down the drain.. That is a work around the power itself.. TRUST ME I LOVE DOING that COMBO, but that is ALTERNATIVE solution to the power itself being weak.. just my two cents.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.