Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Amen to that!!!!
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

With a combo playstyle your always going to be overlapping combos thats how they have worked and been played since they were introduced. Doing a combo and then waiting out the entire animation to start a new combo just ins't how people use things.

Anyway you look at it the power costs are insane. Some standards that the devs are going by just aren't going to work for everything and may have to be changed for certain things like the issue we have here. You really have to go case by case especially when considering how combos play compared to how other things play.
    • Like x 1
  3. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

4. BumblingB I got better.

In one point, I'd like to mention that the clipping gameplay was developed by players. It actually was going to influence the AM's design with PI > Power > Combo.

A lot of it comes down to what we can and can't do. You can clip right now, but as Karasawa said, you shouldn't be. This is going to become an issue for trolls, because trolls CAN still feed power with instant power. That's a problem that needs to be addressed. I feel that Instant should be removed and have PoT stack up to 2 and only power feed a troll has is the Supercharge.
    • Like x 2
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

What are you talking about you wait out 90% of the animations on Live right now don't you? Now don't get me wrong, I'm extremely partial to old school HL clipping. Mastering F, ST-Fan was one of the most rewarding things I've done in DCUO. But I'm not opposed to letting some animations play out for a while before I start clipping again.

I'm hoping the optimal way to play Stat Revamp HL will fall somewhere in the middle between old school and AM with some clipping interspersed with full animations.
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Ideally i would like to clip like we used to cause thats super fun and have that yield the best results with light cause there is a skill gap there and you should be rewarded for that. Then for the players who don't want to do all that button mashing they could run the infinite combos and still do well but not as well as clipping. On paper that sounds great to me but i haven't really dove into the numbers yet to see if that would actually be feasible yet.

And to each his own on the animations, some like to see them some like to just see the damage from them. I'm in the category of pushing as many buttons as i can as fast as i can lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I'm thinking in the back of my mind there gnna do something to where combos don't clip or something and then I'm going to be pissed.

If I wanted to play a game for animations I wouldn't be playing this. Dps = damage per second not ohhhh look at pretty minigum and gaps per sec for damage. Let gps alone and let it tell me where to go and Let it be somewut like before minus jump cancelling.
  8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Trolling is not the issue, i know plenty of people that love to be batteries. Hey if you don't want to be you don't have to be thats why certain people run with others who like to play how they like.

Removing instant power is such a bad idea to. What happens when the healers need more power to heal...you want someone to wait for power to come back and let you die?? What about people playing battle support roles their going to need more power and sometimes in a hurry to do their real job is stuff hits the fan.

We've been clipping since the powers came out and maybe they didn't intend on light to be like that but as more combo powers came out they saw how we used them and designed them to work how we played them.

It sounds like you just don't want to be a battery and like i said thats cool but i know plenty of others who have no issue with it so don't knock how someone else plays just cause you don't like. Hey i don't like PftT, i feel is super noobish cause theres no skill gap or ways to separate yourselves from others you just cast power after power but i still think people should be able to play it and it be viable cause thats what they like.
    • Like x 1
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Oh god please no. I pray to all that is holy they don't do something like that. Not when I was getting excited to play the Controller role again. lol. Seriously though...that would suck beyond my ability to put it into words how much it would suck.
    • Like x 4
  10. BumblingB I got better.

All roles can spec into power. That scenario you give can be countered by that.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

You know what was funny so was I but recent changes make not want to. Mainly breakout profiles.
  12. Karasawa Loyal Player

Well yes, I expect if you clip like crazy right now with these 300 cost heavy hitters then you are going to yield some pretty fantastic DPS parses. But as you've seen, it costs a lot of power and should only be used sparingly. As it should.

Right now we know what the "super OP" rotations will be and we know just doing an infinite combo is going to be the "low output but efficient" option. We're just struggling to find the "standard" DPS rotation that does comparable damage to other powersets without blowing the bank on power. Once we do find it, then we're in business.

But if you push for the super OP rotations to be the standard, then the Devs may lower our power costs but they're also going to lower our damage and take away our option to do fantastic DPS every once in a while.
    • Like x 1
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Heyyyyyyy...I know a guy like that. :D
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Why aren't we given the option to spec for it though? Like say if you want to go full might and run the infinite rotation and not have power problems you can. But say if I want to run the op rotation with significantly less might (i think its like 4-5k less) and be hyperspec'd into power, why can't I run that loadout? Regularly speaking, without spec'ing into power, you have to take a soder just to get a 10 second parse with that combo, which hardly boosts your damage given the power situation it puts you in afterward. Like ideally, I'd want:

Infinite AM - Full Might spec (80-85% damage potential) - requires 0 troll
    WM - Prec/Might spec (85-95% damage potential) - requires 1 troll max
    Combo Clipping - Might/Pow spec (100% damage potential) - requires 1 troll for short use, 2 for extended

but right now it's like:
    Infinite AM - full might spec (50% damage potential) - requires 0 trolls
    WM - Prec/Might spec (? damage potential, weapons too weak to even bother testing) - requires 1 troll max
    Combo Clipping - might/pow spec (100% damage potential) - requires 3-4 trolls
    • Like x 2
  15. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

That would be cool but then combos would have more ways to play n how would that be fair. Idk how they're gnna do it cuz Light used to be fun and now I just through the motions.
    • Like x 1
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Thing is right now Some combos could take a slight hit in damage like the one i was doing in the vid but some can't. So you can slightly adjust power with damage in some areas.

Then you have a power like rage, from range it barely meets the numbers other powers can do but it uses way to much power to get there. Now if we go by their formula of less power less damage to fix the power issue now rage's range becomes to low and will be under powered and thats not the steps we should be taking if we want to get things close to balanced. Something is gonna have to give and in most situations it cannot always be the damage things do.

For light the most simple and the backbone of light is Ram-SnapTrap-Fan that combo right there should give you good numbers but not top end numbers and be one of your most power efficient combos but right now it neither does good damage or is power friendly.

At the end of it all to match what i can do with other powers i have to use insane amounts of power with rage and light and thats just no where near balanced.

I say they just take away input power cost and just let use try it and see if we can come to a agreement like that. If it works it works if it doesn't put it back. Theres no hurt in trying and like i said the same rules cannot always be applied to everything sometimes somethings just work differently.

This issue is so clear i don't even know how you can argue with me about it. If you want come join us anytime you want and we'll run some stuff or test some thing at the dummies. Im not even gonna go back and forth anymore cause theres no reason to, the combos just use to much power plain and simple.
    • Like x 2
  17. Karasawa Loyal Player

18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

My best advice here like I stated above would be to just TRY and see how things would go if you only had the power from the bar cost power. That in my honest opinion is the best thing we can do, and hey what's the big deal in trying something if it doesn't work you can always change it back but at least give it a shot.

I invite any dev to join a chat or come play with myself and others so we can explain things more in depth and show you in real time what we are talking about.
    • Like x 2
  19. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I thought the combos were going to scale 2 to 4.5 and you'd see the damage increase then clip to another combo for 2 to 3 secs clip to another. When I read it that's wut I thought.

I think they should do the same damage no matter in a combo or from the tray and if you clipped you made it faster thus doing more damage.

I think this is rhe exact reason old devs made it precision and endless power. These just changed some costs and let us do the work.

Lights slow now with all the dovetails so no way it was gnna be like before.

Idk really wit to do
  20. Karasawa Loyal Player

That was in reference to weapon combos I believe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.