Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback MKII - The Sequel

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Below you will see the changes made since we put Light on PC Test in the stats revamp. There are some reduced power costs for a few abilities, some increased damage on lunging moves & ranged abilities, and Control role did not lose any crowd control effects. Some of the DoTs were not stacking but should now. We also made a Light Weight Strike ability, like some of you had asked for, to take over the Supercharge Generator and damage debuff duties of Light Weight.

Also a visual effect is being worked on for Inspiration, and the vulnerability issue with input and the counter system is still being investigated.

Light
    • Snap Trap - The damage over time effect from the tray ability can now stack with the Construct Combo version and has the same number of damage ticks.
    • Grasping Hand - The damage over time effect from the tray ability can now stack with the Construct Combo version and has the same number of damage ticks.
    • Chainsaw - Increased the damage of each attack that lunges you toward your target and puts you in melee distance.
    • Entrap (Swing) - Increased the damage of each attack that lunges you toward your target and puts you in melee distance.
    • Light Claws - Rebalanced damage and reduced the power cost of the tray ability to 200 from 300, the tap attacks to 50 from 100, and the hold attack to 100 from 200 to account for the speed at which you can use these attacks.
    • Boxing - Rebalanced damage and reduced the power cost of the tray ability to 200 from 300 and the tap attacks to 50 from 100 to account for the speed at which you can use these attacks.
    • Chompers - Reduced the power cost to 100 from 200, removed the ability to Panic enemies in DPS Role, and changed this to be a 6 second DoT with no initial bigger hit. This allows the damage over time to be larger ticks.
    • Spike Quake - Increased the damage of the first burst hit and removed the damage over time to help differentiate between this and Chompers
    • Snap Trap - The tray ability and Construct Combo versions now have the same number of damage over time ticks and tick once per second with larger ticks instead of once every half second with smaller ticks.
    • Light Weight Strike - A new 200 power cost ability that drops a weight construct on your target, damaging and stunning it and nearby enemies as well as Dazing them. This is now a Supercharge Generator and Damage Debuff and has a 6 second cooldown.
    • Light Weight - Deals extra damage to Dazed enemies and is no longer a Damage Debuff or Supercharge Generator.
    • Impact - Increased damage (in both roles), removed knockdown in DPS role, and this now deals more damage to Dazed enemies.
    • Ram - Increased damage (in both roles), removed knockdown in DPS role, and this now deals more damage to Dazed enemies.
    • Minigun - Now deals more damage to Dazed enemies, removed stun in DPS role (still has pushback).
    Let us know how these changes work and of course which playstyle (Pftt / Hybrid / Weapon) you are using while testing.
    • Like x 7
  2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

So, just a question...is there any plans to address SC?
    Right now Strafing run is the go to and Ballistic seems to be pretty much useless.

Thanks for listening to our feedback and making some changes
    • Like x 2
  4. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Holy snap crackle pop batman the light community was listened to!

Yay ty
    • Like x 1
  5. SparkmanX Committed Player

looking good! ... Looking good!
    [IMG]
    I'm just here to see the testers' comments.

Let's make Hard light great again!
  6. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I like lw strike I've always wanted it to drop from the sky

I was using lw strike imp-ghand -yank fan Clip impact ghand yank fan repeat

10 sec parse almost 13k per sec target 2 dummies a litllte spread apart in war room.

Chompers I have't tried to hit more then 3 adds on it but they gotta be decently together and it has around 5 ticks.

I think someone using the range tap wit rifle and clipping lw strike wit inspiration should do alot more damage.

172 cr 241 sp all dps crits 20 in might 155 in pwer.

Just wanted to do something normal and wasn't trying to clip fast.

Might 10076
    Pwer 35125 no whte mods just red dps mods
    • Like x 2
  7. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Reg lw im getting a very small precision tick that shouldn't be there of like 30 on the throw

Throwing it on the 8th hit I get like n 8 k crit this is single target same stats still the precision number.

Srry just wrked 13 hrs gotta go back to worm again 2moro so can't do much rite now.

Def liking some of the changes mg gnna be strong I can already tell but haven't did it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I like lw strike I've always wanted it to drop from the sky

I was using lw strike imp-ghand -yank fan Clip impact ghand yank fan repeat

10 sec parse almost 13k 2 target 2 dummies a litllte spread apart in war room.

Chompers I have't tried to hit more then 3 adds on it but they gotta be decently together and it has around 5 ticks.

I think someone using the range tap wit rifle and clipping lw strike wit inspiration should do alot more damage.

172 cr 241 sp all dps crits 20 in might 155 in pwer.

Just wanted to do something normal and wasn't trying to clip fast.

Also this means they're cool with us clipping amen to that and ummm.... Ba bye am! Good rittens!
  9. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Someone doublecheck wut I was doing I didn't have alot of time n dn't wnna get anything messed up cuz of it thanx n gn
  10. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Also was supposed to be reg dps mods not red gn Again.
  11. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

New Light Weight Strike is extremely useful and has a very convenient timing for several rotations, domo arigatou gozaimasu.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Just tested Light on UT, its looking so much better, and power management was not an issue running with one troll.
    • Like x 2
  13. bmce84 Loyal Player

Thanks for the changes, will hold back on testing LWS since I normally play solo and would need a troll to help manage power, but I'll give a check to the other attacks, specially Minigun being given PI.
  14. bmce84 Loyal Player

Bug:
    Impact and Ram don't show they do extra damage to Dazed enemies on their description.
  15. bmce84 Loyal Player

This is really a great improvement, I tested LWS and it actually isn't too much of an issue even when using tap heavy combos (of course SC are doing less damage than trinkets), bosses still require some weapon attacks because of breakouts or having to counter a lot (specially Felix Faust, he counters or blocks 90% of the time), but overall it's really a great improvement. It felt very similar to Live at 176 CR with all crits and 50 into power and 50 into might (VIII mods, I plan on having 2 builds with one being slowly leveling but still using VIII mods which are more accessible on Live and another with Vendor gear and Oly mods).

I'll try clipping later on but since that will require changing my stats I wont go too deep into it, and I rather do constructs, I would have been happy if we had the same power cost as other powers but had to play from tray only, with Light weapons just aren't my thing. But I'll check weapon clipping later. The one issue is still SC, I tried Strafing Run on Artemis and it barely did anything while Orbital did almost twice as much damage, which is an issue as OS has a cool down but both SC need longer to charge since we can't just spam LWS over and over without going power dry.
    • Like x 2
  16. bmce84 Loyal Player

spord I have a question related to the cost of taps during combos, when I go into a new attack like say Claw to Swing is the first tap to enter Swing 100 and then 50 for the following?. I ask because it felt as if that first tap whenever the ability changed within the combo chain costed more than the following taps, I know the notes mentioned this change for Light Claws, but does it apply to every ability within the combo chain?.
    • Like x 1
  17. L T Devoted Player

whip thrash is still couterable.

I know the idea is to get away from powers that counter, but it seems wrong that light blast and mini-gun are interruptable but don't block-break. Can we make them block-cancelable?

It generally feels awkward to have to break your rotation for a counter.
    • Like x 1
  18. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Great additions!

Light Weight Strike works very well and Its a great new staple Debuff for Controllers!
    Ill probably gonna use it a lot as DPS in solos and duos to get SC faster for each boss.

One thing though, Weight construct is rotated and drops at the ground at its side (10 Ton weight text is vertical instead of horizontal).

My last two requests are:
    1. Add an option to transition from Boxing combo to Chainsaw after any Tap combo much how we can go from Light Claws to Final Claw right away.
    Boxing combos are too long and far too similar and I tend to miss the input time to transition to Chainsaw at the end.
    2. Take a second look at Ballistic Assault SC. Damage doesnt seem enough for a channeled ability.
  19. bmce84 Loyal Player

Another hold to allow clipping, but then the last hit would have to be a hold version also.
  20. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Yeah my idea is to be able to press Hold melee after any Boxing combo and transition to Chainsaw.
    Right now I have use Impact as a clutch between the two to be sure I wont mess the infinite chain.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.