Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback MKII - The Sequel

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I went back and watched some of my vids right before gu36 with light and the fan cone looks pretty wide. In nexus i was able to hit all 4 bosses first boss all the time as long as they were in front of my and i was playing pretty close. Not sure if it was changed after that cause i stepped away from light after jcing went away.

I do however recall a time where cones were messed with but after we made a case for it they were changed back just can't remember what time frame that was in.
  2. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I'm posting about the same stinkin thing were arguing about. A buncha people aren't even testing the problem which its affecting and acting like it's good when it's horrible also the other post is about triage which they leep replying to me about and now I got you ******** I'm posting.

People are all not complaining about all the cc they're complaining about half of it and that half still didn't get the change it was going to get.

All I see is a buncha people complaining they want the damage or daze and its not even there and they aren't even testing. These threads should be closed to people not even testing. Also I'll post as much as I want because I have the most stat points out of any light and I've played it since the start and I don't play 12 toons and I don't play ligjt as my pvp toon to buy feats on my main or to do combos cuz I'm bored.

Bottom line people aren't testing it correctly or they'd know it breaks range and I'm not going to have my power broken cuz people don't know wut they're talking about.

Next the topping on the cake Not to he arrogant but most likely I'm the best troll that plays the power so go.....,,, fill in ur head wut I'd probably be saying.

Ram and impact trashes range

Spike stinks
    Minigun is fine

Chompers doesn't mess with combos but it's still stupid.

Anyone talks about cc and doesn't test wut the problem actually is then I'm going to chime in because that's just dumb.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I remember they widened the cone during AM design phase. It was as wide as preAM arctic blast. Which got widened to almost 180, while I thought fan was around 80-90?
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

LIke i said not sure but from my old vids i watched fan seems to be pretty wide back before gu36. Even point blank fan seemed to be hitting pretty wide.

Whatever the case is the cones are just way to narrow right now. When your in oly you can really see all the adds your missing using cone abilities and thats gonna throw a wrench in the whole "balance" thing at the end of the day.
    • Like x 1
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    in the troll role, only the first power of your combos can debuff. all following attacks are just dammaging but not debuffing. granted: as a troll, you need to spam your insta power power a lot. however: it would be nice if it would be possible to use combos for troller debuffs aswell. it was ok when thinking on the way it was on live server: combos did hit hard and did no need additional power. the thing is just, that the combos indeed need (some) power now and are not hitting that hard. also: it would spice up the troll role with some variation, making it special from how you troll with any other power, if you could use only combos for the whole trolling in a raid... just an idea...
    • Like x 3
  6. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

agreed I asked for this twice ,once in this thread and one in last. As of rite now I don't wnna troll but this would def make it more appealing. Thumbs up from me.
    • Like x 1
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Let's talk content and Light guys. Who here has some rotation ideas for end game content (188-190 CR)?

I just did an Olympus run where the group was 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 1 Controller, and 5 DPS. I was running full Might Mods and the reason for that is if you plan on playing primarily from the don't worry about the Leg and Chest mods being purple. Go straight Might as you'll gain more Might stat from Might Olympian than you will from the Chest and Leg Affinity + Might/Health Olympian. I had 11 Skill Points in Power, 146 Skill Points in Might, and 60 in the other DPS centric nodes at the top. I utilized the following rotation:

Light Weight Strike
    Fan, c Impact, c Light Blast, c Mini-Gun, c Ram, c Whip Thrash
    Clip c Whip Trash w/ Light Weight Strike or Straffing Run

I didn't let any of the Light Blast or Mini-Gun animations play out. They got the initial tick off and I went to the next. From doing some parser test I found that doing the rotation as fast as possible yielded a higher DPS output than letting the combos play out as it is on Live. It put out what I would categorize as "decent" DPS. I was about 4-5 mill behind the top 2 DPS (a League mate of mine named Illustrator and Rabbit) who were both Rage and utilizing the Melee rotation with Berserker every chance they got. Man Berserker is an AMAZING SC. It's been years since I seen it used and forgot just how awesome that SC really is.

This Light rotation is rather hungry on power as to be expected but not insanely power hungry and there were times I had to use Solar Flame for about 5 seconds while I waited for either a Supply Drop to hit, my cola to come off cool down, or power just built up naturally from the Troller and my passive regen.

What about you guys? Any ideas?
    • Like x 1
  8. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

how bout triage isn't just a self heal but some power heal also.
    lightweight strike clip triage combo when power is getting low to somewut help power. 1800 power? accelerated triage would be more important and accelerated light barrier would still better for troll and triage would be better for dps. Back mods aren't that great anyway.
    can really only clip wit inspiration ,triage and Light barrier. makes sense this way to me.
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

Have you tried going Power heavy with your stat distribution as well for comparison? Light seems to lend itself to the PftT style more than any other powerset, and based on the Devs recommendations I've been using Power as my primary stat. Were your trollers able to keep you powered? How was your power consumption compared to the other DPS?

This is all theory-crafting on my part, but just based on the damage values I would try to use Entrap, cImpact, and Light Weight Strike as much as possible for groups of adds at range. Previously I would have used Whip Thrash as much as possible but since the last update its damage isn't as good as the alternatives.

When using Minigun and Light Blast, I've found it optimal to get exactly 3 ticks of damage on each before transitioning to the next combo. This is because it isn't worth it to channel them fully, but it's also a waste to just transition immediately as you're not getting a good return on your time investment.

For single target, I would use Hand Clap and Grasping Hand to GH-Pull as much as possible.

Another idea is to try and melee some portions of the raid. In theory, it shouldn't be as suicidal as it would be on Live, and it brings into play Entrap-to-Lunging Swing, Chainsaw, and even Light Weight.
  10. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I have tried Power heavy in the Duo multiple times and seen substantially less damage over all than when I went full Might however I acknowledge that, that is not a Raid by any means and what works in the Raid might not work in the Duo and visa versa. I'm also trying to get as much a feel for Live as I can as I know on Live I'm going to end up maxing out Might and the DPS centric nodes then putting the rest into Power (175+60+65+) as I will have 300 SP or more by the time this Revamp launches as I am sitting at 297 right now. My power consumption seemed to be about on par with the Melee Rage DPS from what I remember.

How many swings of Entrap? All of them or just one then go into Impact? I will try it out either way and see how it feels. As long as Entrap into Impact is the length of the cool down for Light Weight Strike it might very well flow smoothly.

Nice! I did not actually test out letting the Minigun and Light Blast tick for odds amounts. I did test for either instant clip or all ticks. I will remember this on my next run.

I keep staying away from a few things that I know aren't optimal on Live and forgetting its not the same. I know some Light DPS like to believe that HC, GH, and GH Pull are great for single target on Live but it is a DPS loss when compared to doing the infinite rotation of Fan, Impact, Light Blast, Mini-Gun, Ram, Fan... I will try this out as well tonight in the boss fights while the adds are not spawned.

I melee almost everything on Live in Olympus at 190 and do just fine. That is when I am not pugging of course. There are 3 Tanks that I play with on Live that I trust with my life, the rest in this game however, nah...I'll stay Range :p. lol
  11. Karasawa Loyal Player

Just go directly from Entrap to Impact. Construct Impact is actually the strongest construct by far at the moment (not sure if intentional) so you'll want to use it often. The question I'm not sure about is what to do after Entrap-Impact. You could go into Light Blast-Minigun for AoE situations or GH-GH Pull for single target. Then I guess you could restart the combo with Hand Clap-GH-GH Pull-Fan-Impact to continue with single target burn, or Fan-Impact-Light Blast-Minigun for AoE. Or if that's too power-intensive you could skip HC and start with GH instead, and use Ram instead of Fan for the AoE.

Lots of possibilities, ugh.
  12. bmce84 Loyal Player

Now tell me how many times has PVP been skipped in favor of PVE, specially when every single new feature is for PVE and with that being the bigger part of the game would actually make sense to release it without the PVP update which already had been skipped on Live for 3 years. Also PVP doesn't make any money.
  13. bmce84 Loyal Player

Spord any news on the reported HL bugs or any changes happening?
  14. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

New feature isn't for PvE. It's for the game mechanics and powers as a whole. Point invalidated. But then again, why I am even arguing with people that haven't seen the dev posts and actions regarding pvp for the stats revamp nor tested pvp yet themselves.
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

nice! lets spread the word ^^
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

Okay, starting to settle on some rotations I like.

Reasonable AoE, Easy Power:
    Solar Flare, clip Ram >Fan >Impact, clip LWS, Solar Flare, clip Ram >Fan >Impact, clip Spikequake, repeat.

Good AoE, Unreasonable Power:
    Solar Flare, clip Entrap >Impact, clip LWS, Solar Flare, clip Entrap >Impact, clip Spikequake, repeat.

Single Target, Easy Power:
    Range tap, clip LWS, range tap, clip GH >GH-Pull >Fan >Impact >GH >GH-Pull, clip LWS, repeat.

Single Target, More Power:
    Range tap, clip LWS, range tap, clip HC >HC >HC >GH >GH-Pull >Fan >Impact, clip LWS, repeat.
    • Like x 1
  17. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I feel like you should always start your rotation with LWS as it Dazes and the more you can do the faster your SC will build. The thought of putting weapon combos in the middle of my constructs made me sick by the way. Thanks...:p.
    • Like x 5
  18. Karasawa Loyal Player

I tried doing the AoE rotation several different ways, but any time I used Light Blast >Minigun it never performed as well as a good ol' Solar Flare. I'll think about it some more though.
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Hey man i want you to to try something out for me, theres this weird bug that we mentioned before but we haven't got any traction on getting a answer or even an acknowledgement of it.

So when your in a group and a troll or dps stands by you your damage drops down significantly. Group up, go to your league hall and run some parses with no one near you, like them all the way across the room then run the same thing you were doing with them close to you and watch your numbers drop.

I can't figure out why its doing this but maybe you or anyone else reading this can duplicate it and figure out whats up. When we're testing things if in he same group we can't even stand next to each other in the league hall cause it totally throws off your numbers.

I also think this could be a issue if it happens in raids cause if someone is far enough away from a dps or troll they don't get affected by it and will be putting out better numbers then some standing by one of those roles so in raid comparisons could possibly be skewed by this. Not like there a exact science anyway but this issues def doesn't help.
  20. Karasawa Loyal Player

Well I couldn't find anything better than the AoE rotations I posted earlier, but this one does equivalent damage to Brice's rotation while staying more power efficient:

LWS, Ram >Fan >Impact >GH >Fan >Impact, clip LWS, repeat.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.