Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback MKII - The Sequel

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

what you're talking about is Jump canceling and clipping back before Gu36.. i was there for that an No it was not fun at all.
  2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

And I doubt you define fun as tapping triangle for 3 hours in SM, which leaves WM era which isn't possible because of lack of weapon damage and wm bonuses.
  3. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

personally I don't think weapons will make this better unless you're out of power cuz comboing you can't add weapon combos just because you want to unless it involves some kind of tap first. Guess we won't really be able to see until then n if so iI don't think just taps will be good but who knows about tap holds and I still don't think so. Then even if so the other powers won't be specked into precision and we would and needing n extra 100 sp in precision wouldn't be balanced.

Also with that said melee has never been viable under geared so you'd range until then so to me still alot doesn't make sense unless it get's better.

The most fun I had with this power was jump cancelling which i didn't want it because you didn't get real recognition but overall I always liked clipping better then the current am on live.
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

considering i use a mouse lol but no seriously you be screwing yourself up because just canceling no longer allows damage for any power set, Jump canceling is dead. for clipping on the other hand its still here but it would be impossible to be allowed to play like before GU36
  5. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

You wouldn't be able to melee with gear because of the power cost. They reduced it but you still have no damage unless it's pure spam which involves no weapon regen and if you spec for power you'd do less damage than a ranged rotation with might with less power problems. and by weapons, I meant a WM rotation. huge buff required for that. like dw into bow clipping etc.
  6. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

still it's going to go off precision right? if so lowering your might thus lowering your combo damage. I never liked wm so I didn't really look into it.
  7. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

yes you'd be lowering your might, but you'd get prec from those mods or skill points, amplified by the prec neck, amplified by the sp tree % modifier, the weapon buff of 33% prec if i remember, and controller power dumps give even more prec to people highest on power pool. System is there for them to make that trade off if the numbers are tweaked and strong enough prec wise.
  8. Elite DamageX Well-Known Player

I was there back then as well......I thought it was great, fun, competitive and took a lot of skill to run perfect rotations and then after interruptions, jump right back into combo.
    When they got rid of these things, is when the game started going on a downward slope. Right now it's cast, cast, cast....cast, cast, cast or Ice cast, cast arctic gust and wait, maybe take a drink or check your phone while arctic gust is going.
    At this point I will take anything over how it is, haven't even played in two months now because it got so boring.
    Right now it's run daily's for marks, boring unchallenged game play for a few marks and after a week, buy a piece of gear that gives you single digit stats.
    Why play? just wait until next DLC. Then buy purple gear from time capsules and be within a very small margin of top gear....like 1 CR and less then 80 might.
    Can go on an on about how broke this game is and how any major change is welcomed
    Said what I had to say.....maybe check back in another month
    • Like x 4
  9. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

see me I don't mind using some weapon with light but I hated wm st fan etc. Only thing I liked wm for was trolling or healing on live.

I really, really, utterly, hated wm 1 power lol that was stupid boring or wm combo but I don't mind combo use some weapon after combos. 80% powers 20% weapon not 80% weapon 20% powers. 50 50 idk yet and obviously the bonus frrom actually using it will be gone so maybe I would but Idk yet. I just really hope it doesn't turn into wut it was when wm came out.

I liked using reg weapons with it and hopefully without that bonus they'll be one of the same if you get wut I mean but I still don't see it yet.
  10. Ringz Dedicated Player

You forgot to say "In my opinion" then proceed of how it was not fun. Dont wanna be that guy who edits other peoples post then say "fix that for ya"
    • Like x 1
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Yeah true true, thanks for that.
  12. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

just hoping it works out is all and I like your sig by the way.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

:D thanks, but i wasn't the original artist i just made the other Colors and emblems, the original one that made the Rage one is Trexlight, Also known as Trexrage.
  14. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Boxing - Rebalanced damage and reduced the power cost of the tray ability to 200 from 300 and the tap attacks to 50 from 100 to account for the speed at which you can use these attacks.

This went down from previous ? I didn't pay attention wut it was hitting for but this isn't a fast move it's brawling.
  15. Dyet Level 30

Quick question for mepps, has the dev team considered reverting the power cost scaling?? It seems that we have huge power pools now and power cost scaling is what is throwing everything off because the 100/200/300 cost goes upwards as CR increases from 30. Is there a chance we could get a build with that reverted and see how it goes for power cost and how trolling feels? I know power cost scaling was implemented because VIT got high enough trolls could handle raids on their own, but with this revamp I see a chance to address that at its core (VIT values and power pools) rather than through artificial means (power scaling). If this is possible I would recommend dropping the power stat on gear to adjust for lower power costs at high CR and possibly dropping ViT as well. I realize this may not be possible, but I feel reverting this would help push us in the right direction.

I have said before I feel trolls should be stripped of power responsibility and it should fall onto the individual to maintain power within their own power set/build. I really feel as if we remove power scaling, trolls will be free of power by innate PoT keeping everyone full and then those trolls can focus on debuffs, buffing, and CC, this would land the trolls innate PoT and dump in the position of a safety net for anyone who slips on that power responsibility. AMS were headed this direction already and everyone seemed to like that aspect of the AMs, the big issue being forced into 1 rotation but people loved being responsible for their own power.

Just a thought, thanks for reading.
    • Like x 2
  16. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

It's faster than the range combos and was causing power issues, hence the power reduction.
  17. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Not talking about the power reduction
    the 1st combo is slow and so is the 2nd. 3,4,5,6 are decently quick. if you started from tray, the tray is slow and 1st combo is slow. you get wut I mean. Basically the first tap is slow not the rest. Not that it makes a big difference it still is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.