Stats Revamp 1.4 - Light Feedback MKII - The Sequel

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

also I think the change to skiequake was pointless and I think chompers getting a dot without an animation change wasn't good enough for trade off of losing the stun.

if it was clippable with spike then ok but they're not so pointless.

would have rather has spike had full dot cuz the burst poinltess and put chompers cc back that's my real thing thought instantly when I tested it.

people gnna be pissed.

some of the dazed isn't working on most the changes.

Things I liked from part 2

lowering some power costs in combos and tray etc
    lw increas and lw strike
    mg losing cc cuz it is annoying but cool trolls can still do it
    more damage from melee powers
    combo ghand and snap trap stackable
    some of the fixes in power

hates

ram and impact cuz without cc breaks range
    chompers dot doesn't have a clippable animation cept with inspration and Triage and i think lbarrier which you'd clip lw strike with inspration so why would you use it?
    To lose damge cuz you coulda did somethig better that was clippable. Withthat said chompers is one of the best cc moves in the game.
    spikequake pointless cuz only clipable with inspiration and Triage and I think lbarrier again you'd use lw strike. also dumb being burst cuz we already have alot of burst pwers-- more or less people figured we could chompers how it was and it stacked wit spike being a full strength dot
    maybe devs didn't want it that way but I liked the panic better srry.

seriously whether you agree with me or not but the hates section the power was better before.
    ram and impact need go back so does chompers n change spike to dot for sake of dot now i guess.
    even if devs didn't want chompers and spike to both dots we just didn't want them to cancel is all and make them clip or something.

spike was made into something pointless again make spike full strength dot and put chomper back or put chompers and spike back and make them not cancel. I commend trying to have change but making something different just to be different but it still useless is just that "USELESS!"
    I do commend you on trying.

I gotta go back to go to work to get my race car back on the road and get into more trouble. this game is so I don't go be bad lol.

Have gn but this is the brutal truth and someone has to say it.
    • Like x 1
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

Did you think light was going to keep all of it's cc after seeing all the other powers on test lose a great deal of cc?
    • Like x 1
  3. tiempo Well-Known Player

I was taught to get back up and keep fighting after getting knocked down....

You still have some CC effects, but taking into account balance, trolls losing PoT and gaining more CC duties to keep the role fun and active, and how annoying the push/pulls where for HL to begin with, those that are worried about the loss of some cc effects are making a big deal outta nothing tbh. Let's refocus the thread on actually making HL great and fast paced again.

p.s. Dazing Device and Chronometric Emitter send their regards
    • Like x 3
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Are there any videos of the new light weight power? I still never seen it.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

I haven't spammed anything! Just commented with a fact that all powers have lost at least some of their cc so light is no different.
    • Like x 1
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

Oh okay lol. Was like "well that escalated quickly"
    • Like x 2
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I posted this in the rage thread but i'm going to post it here also so it doesn't get over looked. The width on cone abilities is way to narrow. You can't even hit all 8 dummies in the league hall or all 3 unless targeted on the center one. Then even if on the center dummy at point blank range you only hit the center one and thats unacceptable. That really kills some melee rotations, so instead of being rewarded for melee your penalized when using certain abilities.

Heres a demonstration of what i'm talking about.
    • Like x 3
  8. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Do you have to post 700 times in a row? And whats about quoting whole page size previous posts including your own?
    Figure out what you want to say and explain it shortly in one reasonable sized post!
    Anyway, on the subject...

Here some info for you:
    Triage - 12 sec passive self healing effect with 300 power cost, 18 sec cooldown. No additional effects in both roles.
    Proton Remedy - About 10 sec pro active self heal effect with 300 power cost and 12 sec cooldown. Grants additional buff in both roles.
    Remorseless Recovery - 12 sec damage based self healing procs (about every second) with 200 power cost and 12 sec cooldown. Grants additional effects in tank role.

My idea was to change Triage to work based on damage like Remorseless Recovery and granting the chance to stun enemies via procs from doing weapon or combo attacks.
    By changing Triage from passive to damage based healing effect we could get the power cost down from 300 to 200 and cooldown could be reduced from 18 to 12 secs. Currently Triage's effect lasts for 12 sec and you have to wait additional 6 sec to use it again. Its still a beneficial flagged ability and clip able.

You get it now ?
    • Like x 2
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Like it or not it's all relative.

If DCUO devs do not look at the revamp that way they are screwing themselves later down the line.
    If the devs are not building this with pvp in mind then they might as well quit the revamp right now.
    • Like x 1
  10. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

No, what this has done is ruin HL ranged DPS.
    • Like x 1
  11. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

You just need to quit because your ideas for HL are beyond bad and its obvious that you very rarely play your HL toon.

Your so called suggestions ruined ranged HL. TBH, its almost like you are trying to ruin HL.

HL is not Rage and stop trying to turn it into rage. It is a controller power NOT A TANK.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Did they revert fan's cone width to pre AM?
  13. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Like I said,

Like it or not it's all relative.

As far as dissing anyone. You can perceive that how ever you want.

That very same person is in the rage testing section suggesting leg mods that will most definitely be in the next TC.
    That person lost all credibility as an actual player tester not affiliated with the game with that post.
    That comment is so transparent it's obvious where that person is coming from.

I have been around way too long not to be able to recognized a loaded deck when I see one.

FROM THE RAGE TESTING SECTION

"VioletSorceress" Moja,
    If you persist about Severe Punishment's 12 sec cooldown, at least increase Enrage duration from 8 to 10 secs.
    This is the only way Rage tanking can function with just one 12 sec cooldown Group Immunity.

Also you might wanna consider adding Accelerated Severe Punishment tactical mod in some of new capsules.
    Atomic has an Accelerated Proton Remedy and Ice can pick from 3 different accelerated mods for each of their Shields.
    Atomic and Ice dont have to bother with vulnerability gaps between duration of the effect of their main mechanic and prolonged cooldowns.

^^^^^^ Loaded deck ^^^^^^ Not a player tester

FROM THE LOCKED HL THREAD
    ( same person )Spord,
    Would you could you consider any of the following:
    1. Removing Ram and Impact's CC, making them to deal additional damage to Dazed enemies and possibly lowering their tray power cost to 100.
    2. Removing Panic effect from Chompers and turning it into a 12 sec DoT without changing the power cost.
    3. Shortening Spikequake's DoT from 12 to 6 ticks and increasing the initial burst damage, again without changing the power cost.
    4. Light Weight to have a second version falling from the sky.
    5. Adding a Push Back or Detaunt effect to Triage.
    6. Moving Supercharge Generator from Light Weight to Snap Trap or Grasping Hand. Supercharge generator should be a combo starter for Dpsers and a Controller debuff players are willing to use. Light Weight is a type of ability players are getting kicked from raids or yelled at for using it because its causing chaos. Its fun to spin around with it in solos but nothing more.

LOADED DECK

Minigun could be somewhat middle ground solution.
    Although, Pushing enemies back is not the most desire able CC effect and its not a Debuff but at least it wont really negatively affect Dpsers in any away.

That is if tray Minigun's damage has to be lowered cause it AoE and with 6sec cooldown but the combo version remains the same.
    LOADED DECK

This person is not a player

Unless you and that person are one in the same I really don't see what concern it is of yours in the first place.
    That is a nice new shiny account by the way.
  14. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Keep these changes and there will be a lot of very unhappy HL players.

This is my last comment about these changes.
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I like the changes thus far. Could be a little better with power management IMO but good nonetheless. I ran UT and RH comfortably.
    • Like x 1
  16. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I'm gaining more hope for the revamp. I'm proud of these updates.

Possible bug: I thought that counters were being removed from combos? Not sure if it was just me but I got countered when using claws and whip thrash.
  17. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Little Miss Cup Half Empty has spoken... again!

Like it or now changes are happening and are affecting all power sets.
    I didnt initiate the massive removal of CC effect in favor of damage, it is part of the whole Stats Revamp.
    Ram and Impact had to be opted for raids because Light was lacking damage at max distance and some sort of a trade off had to be made. Things could have been way worst losing our ranged stuns from Light Blast and Minigun instead of least desirable Knockdowns, Impact and Ram had.

Devs are trying to differentiate roles because of how self sufficient DPSers have become at Live server.
    Now If you want adds to be controlled all the time you have to play as Controller or play with a Controller instead of stacking multiple DPSers capable of doing everything on their own!

There are plenty of options to still control enemies at distance and as a Dps in solos, duos and PvP with different abilities like Snap Trap, Grasping Hand, Light Blast, Minigun and the great new Light Weight Strike.

Of all the things you are accusing me for, Ill take credit only for Light Weight Strike.
    I requested it and Spord delivered in super short time.

Take care cause you are going at my ignore and I wont bother to read anything you post about me or others anymore!
    • Like x 4
  18. The Anxient Loyal Player

Don't waste your time. They did the same thing in ice and atomic threads.
  19. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

It's called they're tank powers and I don't believe any trolls besides light has self heal so were lucky and I don't wnna lose that.

To the posts I go to work at 4 am and I read one post I comment then someone elses I comment and sometimes I miss the reply. Also I'm rushing to do a million things so I don't care how many posts I have or if I hit the letter i and i wnna hit u cuz there rite next to each other cuz people can get the jist. I'm workin 70 hrs a week again. So I don't have time to sit down read everything and make it all in one post. Srry for that is all I can say.

I don't bring my iphone to work which then would help that situation but I do drywall amd I'm not dropping another phone in a bucket of water just to post better.

If you can get them to make it better then fine but again were troll and they're tanks and I believe triage has more ticks in troll role. If somehow it can get better that's fine but I don't wnna lose the power. Make it better ok change it to another dps power no I don't agree with that. Some change to lower heals I'm nit gnna agree with that.
  20. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Ok here it is. U run a soloooooooooo u can't range. Iceberg lounge at that current cr u won't be able to range and I'm not talking mixing melee were talking pure rannge.

Solo outside missions might be a little easier but have the same affect.

In raising hades you won't be able to range if you have all the aggro. Obviously you have a heal you'll be fine u won't die but it will still be annoying you have aggro and you like playing range. 2 dps set up go in there with someone weaker then u and try to range.

U have tank in rh you'll be fine. 2dps and you have aggro u won't be able to range.

Anything wit tank you'll be fine but anywhere that you'll have the most aggro you will die or not be affective ranging. I'm not talking usIng melee in them.

If they plan to never drop solos again then ok lets remove every solo and it can stay without cc but ur affecting alot of things not just solos.

Pvp , solos , and outside solos and anything where you have the most aggro you can't stop adds which is really dumb.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.