Space and Time - The Quantum Guide Part II

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Absolix, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

Neo-Venom Boost only procs off weapon attacks and has too long of a cooldown to be as useful as RS or WR even in multi-target situations.

Ideally you would only use WR or RS until you have enough supercharge for Temporal Vortex, then switch it into the loadout.
    • Like x 1
  2. Absolix Loyal Player

So it looks like the update buffed the melee range from an about 3.7 multiplier with max damage and core strength equipped to a little under about 3.966 which is about a 7.19% buff to Time Bomb's damage.
  3. Castrato Well-Known Player

Has the loadout changed at all since the update?
  4. Ace27 New Player

How do you measure melee distance in-game? If you have to be in a npc's face as a Quantum user your Time Bomb will go right past the npc?!? Melee for Quantum just dont seem logical.
  5. Castrato Well-Known Player

Just something that you have to feel out. There really is no indication
  6. Absolix Loyal Player

Everything still works the same.

I actually changed my rotation when I reexamined preloading when I saw what was getting results in Sore's testing, and saw a limitation I missed. When you preload make sure Warp Barrage will hit while the enemy is still destabilized.

I might post the exact rotation when I get home.
  7. Castrato Well-Known Player

Thank you very much. I'm thinking of pulling my quantum alt out of retirement finally
  8. Ace27 New Player

Well hurry up and get home already!!! lol j/k
  9. Ace27 New Player

Quick Skill Point question here for DPS side of Quantum, I currently have 165 sp and of course have all weapons unlocked with crits, and 3 weapons maxed out as I would for weapon mastery even though it's not used with AM (mainly for the bottom 3 you get, might/precision) next I took the 6 points on each weapon that has might on the second tier. My question is what should I focus on next? I've been adding Health? Does this sound right to you?
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

Time Bomb > Distortion Wave > Warp Barrage > Tachyon Blast
    Time Bomb > Warp Barrage > Tachyon Blast > Time Shift
    Warp Barrage > Time Bomb > Tachyon Blast > Warp Barrage > Time Shift

Typically your survivability in group content won't significantly change from your skill points. If something is going to one shot you normally, it will likely still one shot you with 100 more health.

Power regen is dependent on your total power pool, so increasing your power can help with maintaining power. Past that there is nothing that will significantly affect your gameplay in any way. Health and defense might affect solos and duos enough to make make squeezing past a hard boss possibly, but it is splitting hairs at that point.
  11. Ace27 New Player

Thanks for the updated rotation! And so looks like power over health, sounds good to me...
  12. Ace27 New Player

• Time Bomb will no longer cause damage if you are out of range of your target.
    Why do they keep messing with Quantum? Ice, Sorcery, Earth, Mental, and who knows what else is doing way more damage than Quantum right now. If you think about it how could any of those powers be better than having control of time and space? I mean do you think iceman should be more powerful than lets say silver surfer? What a joke!!! Skill points have become a joke anymore with exception of support roles, but no one even wants to play a support role anymore due to how easy it is to burn through instances because of the OP gear everyone now has. Selling exos on the broker is a farce now because no one cares to mod their equipment anymore. I could go on and on, and yes this the wrong forum for this so I apologize. Just about done with this game that I've really enjoyed...
  13. Absolix Loyal Player

I'm starting to collect data to get the base damage values for Quantum, so I can have an idea of what the changes to some powers' damage in the next GU means for Quantum. The number in () is the average for the range given

Gravitonic Field burst tick of 6-10 (8) and three DoT ticks of 5-7 (6) for total of 21-41 (31)

Warped Reality 20-28 (24) per tick. It appears to always proc on the first attack done and seems to gain a proc every 4 seconds to proc up to 3 times at during it's duration for a total of 60-84 (72).

Alcubierre Wave 20-29 (24.5)

Inspiral Waves without PI 20-29 (24.5), with PI 31-41 (36)

Einstein's Ray 20-29 (24.5)
    Gravity Punch, the combo from Einstein's Ray, without the PI 20-29 (24.5), with PI 31-43 (37)

Lift 20-29 (24.5)

Singularity without PI one tick of 18-27 (22.5), two ticks of 1-3 (2), and one tick of 3-9 (6) for a total of 23-42 (32.5), with PI one tick of 26-34 (30), two ticks of 1-3 (2), and one tick of 3-9 (6) for a total of 32-48 (40)

Gravity Bomb without PI 20-39 (24.5), with PI 31-41 (36)

Gravity Well without PI eleven ticks of 7-10 (8.5) for a total of 77-110 (93.5), with PI eleven ticks of 9-13 (11) for a total of 99-143 (121)

Energy Expulsion two ticks of 3-7 (5) one tick of 36-45 (30.5) when enemy is above 35% health

Tachyon Burst 20-29 (24.5)

Anomaly 20-29 (24.5)

Distortion Wave 20-29 (24.5)

Warp Barrage without PI 3 ticks of 6-10 (8) for a total of 18-30 (24), with PI 3 ticks of 10-14 (12) for a total of 30-42 (36)

Tachyon Blast without PI 20-29 (24.5), with PI 30-42 (36)

Time Shift without PI 10-29 (24), with PI 31-41 (36)

There appears to be a bug on Energy Expulsion and Singularity where there is very rarely an extra one of the small ticks of damage almost instantly before the last tick of damage, but I have no way of reproducing it and both extra ticks are extremely small anyways. Another bug I can't quite figure out is that Warped Reality would randomly produce damage with a base value of 13 or 14 on rare occasions, but none of the values between that and 20 would ever appear.

Interestingly enough, Quantum is actually the first power to have a combo power that does Might-based damage, not Atomic, and while the power description does not mention it, Gravity Punch, Einstein Ray's combo, does deal more damage against enemies that are Graviton-Charged.

I feel like I might do this again as while when I looked at the math it does appear to be right I still won't to take another look at it after a day or so just to make sure I didn't mess up anything.

Edit: I just found one mistake in the formula I used, already, and updated the numbers to correct for it, but I'm still going to retest at least some of it as I didn't have all the info in my notes to make sure everything is changed correctly.

Edit again: I redid all the numbers in order to catch the rounding errors from my correction earlier. I also added some detais about a Warped Reality bug.
    • Like x 1
  14. Absolix Loyal Player

Now that I have some base numbers I thought I might show how they can be useful.

Since Gravity Well has been added to the power regen for Quantum there have been a few using it, but the consensus is that it is not useful. For this example I assume the player is wearing the Core Strength and Max Damage mods meaning the ranged multiplier for Time Bomb is 2.80 and the melee multiplier is 4.28. I will also give the benefit of the doubt that it is a single target to compare WR with it.

1. Full Range, no Gravity Well
    Rotation: Time B> DW > WB > Tach Blast >Time B > WB > Tach Blast > TS > Time B > WB > Tach Blast > TS
    Duration: 12 seconds
    Combined average base damage of non-Time B powers that interact with the AM: 312.5
    Average combined base damage of the Time Bombs' AM damage: 875
    Total combined base damage, not counting Time Bomb's non-AM tick: 1187.5
    Base Dps not counting Time Bomb's non-AM tick: 98.95833...

2. Full Range Gravity Well with no PI
    Rotation: GW >Time B> DW > WB > Tach Blast >Time B > WB > Tach Blast > TS > Time B > WB > Tach Blast > TS
    Duration 13 seconds
    Gravity Well's non-PI average base damage: 93.5
    Combined average base damage of non-Time B powers that interact with the AM: 312
    Average combined base damage of the Time Bombs' AM damage: 873.6
    Total combined base damage, not counting Time Bomb's non-AM tick: 1279.1
    Base Dps not counting Time Bomb's non-AM tick: 98.40

3. Full Range Gravity Well with PI
    Rotation: GW/WR >Time B> DW > WB > Tach Blast >Time B> DW > WB > Tach Blast >Time B> DW > WB > Tach Blast
    Duration 13 seconds
    Gravity Well's PI average base damage and Warped Reality's average base damage: 193
    Combined average base damage of non-Time B powers that interact with the AM: 288
    Average combined base damage of the Time Bombs' AM damage: 806.4
    Total combined base damage, not counting Time Bomb's non-AM tick: 1287.4
    Base Dps not counting Time Bomb's non-AM tick: 99.030

From here it should be clear that at mid-range with the currently on average 153% stronger Time Bombs Gravity Well will fall behind even more. Although at first it may look like 3 just edges 1 out for the best rotation, it only functions as so in a purely single target setting as Warped Reality will only do damage and apply the PI for Gravity Well to a single target.

Also, the non-AM ticks for Time Bomb are not counted, as I have not yet collected data on it's base damage, but if counted it would slightly favor 1. In all three rotations three non-AM Time Bomb ticks would occur, but since 1's rotation is 12 seconds, one second lower than 2 and 3's 13 seconds, that same damage in a faster time would reate a slightly higher boost to it's Dps.

So, both because it is clearly better in any non-purely single target situation and since it improves more than the others as you get into mid-range, I would say 1 is the best rotation of the 3.
  15. Xzotix Committed Player

That is ALOT of really good information. Thanks for the work you're putting in.
    Nice guidance.
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

So you should be able to damage even when you're not in range?
  17. chaotic3430 Committed Player

Wow, the patch to Quantum Time Bomb, raised the low numbers but significantly reduced the top end numbers by half.
  18. Absolix Loyal Player

It didn't affect Time Bomb's numbers at all.

There was an exploit some players were using that was fixed, that involved Time Bomb's looped damage total not resetting like it is supposed to.

So unless you were using the exploit, there should be no change to your damage.
  19. lanternknight Committed Player

Look. There was a change. You guys don't want to except it because you just want to focus on the fact that people were exploiting using Time Bomb with no magnifiers and criting high everytime. The thing is a lot of us weren't doing that. I am one of those. I was doing Time Bomb, Distortion Wave, Time Shift, and Tacheyon Blast. Those high crit numbers only happened sometimes on single targets ONLY. It never happened on anything above that. Targets three and up was even worse damage because of the splitting. Yet, in instances, single target damage with high crits and low end damage on multiple adds ended up evening out at the end of the instances. It allowed Quantum to do damage comparable to Earth, Sorc, Ice, and Mental. That is what I want back. The ability to have those high crits back during a normal rotation. That was working as intended. That made the power balanced with the others. That stupid exploit could have been fixed without messing up the normal rotation a lot of us were doing and the crits we would sometime get on single targets.

You people who want to keep saying that nothing was effected only focus on that stupid exploit where Time Bomb was hitting high crits everytime. You guys don't pay atttention to what those who weren't doing that were hitting for and what their damage looked like at the end of the instances. If you guys did you would of saw their damage was close to the top tier powers. Before those high crits were happening even with the preload

The devs did a half crap fix. They could of just kept Time Bomb from doing damage by itself. That would of fixed the problem too. If they did that, those who were exploiting Time Bomb would have been forced to go back to doing the normal rotation. Which would have also allowed for those that weren't, to keep their sometimes high single target crit. That would of also supported the update they did last month saying that Quantum's Time Bomb received a damage buff. Because the numbers before the high single target crit was really bad after the supposed max damage mod fix. Quantum went from good to below the other top powers.
    • Like x 1
  20. Absolix Loyal Player

I personally main Quantum and have seen no difference since the hotfix since I didn't use the hotfix. So, let me point out a few points to you.

One, the fact that you still mention Time Bomb crits as actual crits indicates that you do not have a good expertise about how Quantum's AM works.

Two, Mepps disagrees.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...nce-this-mornings-hotfix.262150/#post-3453965
    "There's no change if you weren't exploiting."

Three, if you are going to accuse a dev of lieing, you better have actual proof. Hard numbers are needed, not baseless claims.

Four, the way you talk about the max damage mod stacking mod further gives more indication of a highly biased and unobjective claim.

Lastly, this my guide. If you want to complain about the devs or other players and posters, take it elsewhere. This is not the place for it, and I don't intend for it to ever be.
    • Like x 2