Space and Time - The Quantum Guide Part II

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Absolix, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Max Flames New Player

Is there a reasonable loadout in the space tree? Any suggestion?
  2. Absolix Loyal Player

Did you use Temporal Vortex while under the effects of a supply drop and/or trinket?

Honestly, no. The Space tree only works with WM and Quantum's WM does not do comparable damage to any AMs.
    • Like x 1
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

Nope no buffs or trinkets used or SC.
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

Unless you have a combat log or video where I can look at the numbers, I can't really see anything that would indicate a buff.
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

And 120k non-critical.
  6. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

Yeah something is up with quantum..it is surely hitting harder, and what's funnier, a buddy of mine sent me a screen shot of some parsers...he ran 4 in a row, and all 4 had the SAME EXACT highest crit..very odd
  7. Absolix Loyal Player

Time Bomb doesn't actually crit the way other powers do. It and Berserk when they pop up with a with a critical bubble around the damage the crit is purely cosmetic.

I'll run a few more thorough tests later, but the few I've already done match what Quantum had preGU51.

If anyone notices high what they do when these high hits happen it could help to track down if anything has changed.
  8. tinoman Dedicated Player

i'm 127cr hitting against the first boss in bombshell that is 131cr i was hitting 140k's + several times non buffed either
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

I made some tests on PC Test and i'm taking max 35k damage critical and max 32k non-critical as a cr 130 in a single target, i think that Quantum got clearly a "ninja" buff on Live which is good because put Quantum in line with Ice, Gadgets, etc.
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

Quantum got it's "melee" damage buffed on test.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...er-hotfix-august-24-2015.258923/#post-3389077
    Quantum
    • Time Bomb: Increased damage slightly within 12.5m range of your target.

It will be interesting to see how it is after scaling. For anyone who doesn't know, in Sore's testing thread they found that Quantum increases most when going from 100 skill points and just the max damage mod to full HT mods, stat mods, and more skill points. It is likely that for those who regularly keep themselves fully modded Quantum might be OP for a while until the devs get to addressing the scaling issues.

I will be periodically updating some already existing parts of the guide as somethings have been added to in game descriptions, and I have a better idea on CC descriptions as well as how some other powers work.
  11. Absolix Loyal Player

Just an update on a few things.

Warped Reality is purely single target. It hits the enemy closest to you that is hit with whatever damage Warped Reality procced on, whether you are targeting that enemy or not.

Gravity Well appears to trigger the power regen when used right as Time Bomb explodes meaning you can use it, trigger the power regen, and not give upt time that would be spent loading up Time Bomb.

I haven't compared Robot Sidekick vs Gravity Well yet, but I have compared the Gravity Well and Warped Reality loadout and it is bad. The average Dps matched the lowest end parses on my regular loadout, and they were both on single targets. It is likely with multiple targets and Warped Reality being single target that the first loadout would do even worse.

Since Warped Reality is single that means if you were to use Gravity Well in a typical loadout you wouldn't have anything applying Polarized or Graviton-Charged to increase it's damage, and since it also requires you to take a second of time you could be firing off Time Bombs in it's animation while RS is completely passive, I would guess RS will likely be better.
  12. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

something about quantum leads me to believe the numbers are "fake".

4 straight 30 second parsers, ALL 4 of them have the exact same max crit of 131892....how weird is that.

anyways, what is the current best loadout/rotation for quantum?
  13. Delta795 New Player

You need to re evaluate this, I just posted results of 20 parsers w/ and w/out Gravity well. Almost 5k different even without PI application .
  14. Absolix Loyal Player

I ran 3 tests each parsing a period between 3-4 minutes.

The first had a loadout of Time Bomb - Distortion Wave - Warp Barrage - Tachyon Blast - Gravity Well - Warped Reality.
    The rotation was Gravity Well/Warped Reality then Time Bomb > Distortion Wave > Warp Barrage > Tachyon Blast three times and repeating.
    I got 28250 Dps.

The second had a loadout of Time Bomb - Distortion Wave - Warp Barrage - Tachyon Blast - Time Shift - Gravity Well.
    The rotation was Gravity Well, Time Bomb > Distortion Wave > Warp Barrage > Tachyon Blast, then Time Bomb > Warp Barrage > Tachyon Blast > Time Shift twice and repeat.
    I got 27031 Dps.

The third had the same loadout as the second.
    The rotation was Time Bomb > Distortion Wave > Warp Barrage > Tachyon Blast, then Time Bomb > Warp Barrage > Tachyon Blast > Time Shift twice and repeat. Essentially the second one, but without Gravity Well.
    I got 29509 Dps.

Just Gravity Well is the worst of the three.
  15. Delta795 New Player

Your testing method has too many changes between the 3. In your first test, you have Grav well and warped reality (assuming fro clip) then tachyon 3x allowing full WB hit. Replace WR with weapon clip and I bet that one wins your test as my weapon clip usually hits at least 2 targets for 3k + each and will crit over 8K.
  16. Absolix Loyal Player

For a full Might AM weapons are not good especially when it uses time that can be used to go into another Time Bomb.
  17. CdnAtheist Well-Known Player

I wanted to inquire about the most effective dps rotation. My quantum toon is my newest but is now my highest cr. I found the following rotation on the forums and have been using it:

wBarrage > tBomb > dWave > tBlast > tShift
    wBarrage > tBomb > dWave > tBlast > wBarrage > tShift
    tBomb > wBarrage > tBlast > tShift

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  18. Absolix Loyal Player

Drop the dWave in the second Time Bomb, go straight to tBlast, and you have the rotation I currently use.
  19. CdnAtheist Well-Known Player

I wrote the dWave in the 2nd tBomb by accident. Thx for verifying :)
  20. Max Flames New Player

I think that playing with Robot Sidekick or Warped Reality is similar, because the two are single target. And does anyone know about Neo-Venom Boost?

Which is better that?