Space and Time - The Quantum Guide Part II

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Absolix, Mar 14, 2015.

1. chaotic3430 Committed Player

And my damage at close range is the same as mid range was. Also, I remember something with the patch, someone said Quantum was ignoring CR capping. Well now it is the same on the reverse side, my TB's are hitting for the same damage in T7 as it is in T5 and T6 content.
    • Like x 1
  2. Absolix Loyal Player

The one person I ever heard saying it was ignoring CR scaling was wrong. I ran numbers and I ran content and it all disproved that claim.

If you have any video, specifically with the combat tab open, it would help to see if there really is a bug or not. I personally haven't noticed anything yet.
  3. chaotic3430 Committed Player

Ran all the T7 duo's last night, TB was hitting for the same damage on 121 cr adds in Corrupted as it was in Flash Museum and the new LOA duo.
  4. Absolix Loyal Player

Keep in mind that Cr scaling when you get above the Cr of your enemies isn't that much of a difference until you get to about a tier or so above. The deva even said we weren't supposed to steam roll content till we were two tiers past it.
  5. chaotic3430 Committed Player

Right now Quantum couldn't steam roll content anymore than HL could.
  6. Absolix Loyal Player

With GU54 there was an update to many of Quantum's powers.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...episode-18-atomic-powers.262900/#post-3469478
    Powers
    • Quantum
    o Increased both the base damage and power interaction damage for the following abilities:
     Alcubierre Wave
     Einstein's Ray
     Gravity Bomb
     Inspiral Waves
     Lift
     Anomaly
     Distortion Wave
     Tachyon Blast
     Tachyon Burst
     Time Shift
     Warp Barrage

For comparison's sake here are the old base damage numbers.

And, here are the new ones.

Lift 32-40 (36)

Gravitonic Field 1 tick of 8-10 (9) and 3 ticks of 16-20 (18) for a total of 56-70 (63)

Warped Reality up to 3 ticks of 20-28 (24) for a total of 60-84 (72)

Alcubierre Wave 32-40 (36)

Einstein's Ray 32-40 (36)
    Gravity Punch, the combo from Einstein's Ray, without PI 32-40 (36), with PI 48-60 (54)

Inspiral Waves without PI 32-40 (36), with PI 48-60 (54)

Singularity without PI 1 tick of 14-26 (20), 2 ticks of 1-3 (2), and 1 tick of 3-7 (5) for a total of 19-39 (29), with PI 1 tick of 37-47 (42), 2 ticks of 1-3 (2), and 1 tick of 3-7 (5) for a total of 42-60 (54)

Gravity Bomb 32-40 (36), with PI 40-48 (44)

Gravity Well without PI 11 ticks of 7-9 (8) for a total of 77-99 (88) with PI 11 ticks of 8-12 (10) for a total of 88-132 (110)

Energy Expulsion when hitting an enemy with above 35% health 35-45 (40). Note that it only hits for one tick now, and the distance scaling only applies when it hits an enemy with 35% or below health.

Tachyon Burst 32-40 (36)

Anomaly 32-40 (36)

Distortion Wave 32-40 (36)

Warp Barrage without PI 3 ticks of 10-14 (12) for a total of 30-42 (36), with PI 3 ticks 16-20 (18) for a total of 48-60 (54)

Tachyon Blast without PI 32-40 (36), with PI 48-60 (54)

Time Shift without PI 32-40 (36), with PI 48-60 (53)

Despite not being listed in the update notes both Gravitonic Field and Singularity with a PI have been buffed. It is weird considering Singularity without PI was not touched.

Also, I figured out that I forgot to take into account the +3% damage league proficiency, so some of the numbers that stayed the same might look slightly different in the updated numbers.

Time Bomb's multipliers with both the core strength and max damage mods equipped are 3.1 for within 7m, 2.41 when farther than 7m and within 13m, and 1.85 when beyond 13m. Now at first this may seem weird since they are lower than before, but remember that Time Bomb's damage is decided by the multiplier and the damage of the Time powers, and the damage of all the Time powers were increased.

I'll try to get around to putting these into the guide as well as updating the AM section to get rid of some bits of outdated info and add the new three range setup to it.
    • Like x 2
  7. Xzotix Committed Player

Nice work, still looking for your Atomic guide also. ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I have been waiting for an Atomic guide also lol
  9. Lev82 New Player

Haven't played DCUO in a loong time. Is controller dead yet? And is Quantum Controlling still viable?
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

No and no.

Quantum trolling is still very useful. We still have access to a targeted pulls as well as stuns that can't be overwritten by other forms of CC, including a tanks pulls so it can be bad and good.

There's even been some controller specific mechanics, like in Desecrated Cathedral where there are buffs that can only be removed by trols. It still isn't up to it's full potential with solo trolling still being prevalent in a lot of endgame instances, but there is always a need for a trol and Quantum's as good as any of them.

Why are people convinced that I'm writing an Atomic guide? I still haven't gotten the trol section up on this guide and still need to finish updating the AM section, although the base damage numbers are now in the power descriptions now.
    • Like x 2
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

I'm rubber and you're glue. What bounces off me sticks on you. :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

The AM section has now been updated.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Question:
    If people are killing adds before my time bomb fires off
    what would you recommend to do, just go to time bomb and fire off three powers? I've been trying the Preload rotation and everytime lately, some kind of powerset kills off the adds before time bomb fires off at them, thus resulting in low dps for me.
    • Like x 1
  14. Absolix Loyal Player

I wouldn't preload for anything except bosses as unless there are going to be new enemies you can throw something at to redirect the missed Time Bomb's damage at, the damage all disappears, and even then there are guidelines as for when in particular it is good to do so. There are two guidelines I follow. Don't preload when it forces you to use Distortion Wave more than once every 12 seconds, and don't preload when it would make a power in your rotation that does more damage against Destabilized enemies hit after Destabilized has expired.
    • Like x 1
  15. Fighter Well-Known Player

So what damage load outs are you all having success with in T7 content?
  16. Absolix Loyal Player

Most are using Distortion Wave - Warp Barrage - Tachyon Blast - Time Shift - Time Bomb - Warped Reality/Temporal Vortex/Quantum Tunneling. The last slot is the only one that typically varies.
  17. Fighter Well-Known Player

Thanks Absolix! Is it still best to preload TB with warp Barrage?
  18. Absolix Loyal Player

Only when it does not force you to use Distortion Wave more than once every 12 seconds, and that preloading doesn't make a power that does more damage to destabilized enemies hit after the PI expired. This only allows for occasional use of preloading that wouldn't decrease Dps.

For example,
    Time B > DW > WB > Tach Blast
    Time B > WB > Tach Blast > Time Shift
    WB > Time B > Tach B > WB > Time Shift
    , follows those restrictions and only allows for preloading once every 3 Time Bombs.
    • Like x 1
  19. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Bumping this as its always been one of my fave powers. Troll side is truly fun but unfortunately the DPS side has taken a back seat.
  20. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

I have a question for Quantum DPS: Berserker or Weakening Field, what is the best option? And why.