Space and Time - The Quantum Guide Part II

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Absolix, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

Unfortunately, yes.

I had tests where Warped Reality was comparable to Temporal Vortex, but they were both single target tests. Once i figured out Warped Reality was single target I quickly changed my mind. There are very few purely single target situations where it would likely perform that way, but those are usually boss fights where trinkets and supply drops would help Temporal Vortex more than Warped Reality.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Guess my loadout will be
    Time bomb: 3 other moves, Robot sidekick, and sc.
    I suppose either way you look at it, the rs will help out more especially in solo content where you can't spam WR.
  3. Absolix Loyal Player

Your loadout should look like:
    Time Bomb - Distortion Wave - Warp Barrage - Tachyon Blast - Time Shift - Robot Sidekick or Temporal Vortex

Basically you should only be using Distortion Wave once every 3 Time Bombs as it lowers your Dps to use it any more than that, and that is just often enough to maintain the PI.
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So basically If I get this correctly.
    Use time bomb: Distortion wave, warp barrage, tachyon blast. at least 1 time.
    Then use the 4 power rotation? 3 times then go back to the first one?
    My aplogizes for so many questions. All this information is prerty new to me, I haven't really played quantum.
  5. Absolix Loyal Player

This is what I use in alerts and raids.

1. Warp Barrage > Time Bomb > Distortion Wave > Tachyon Blast > Time Shift
    2. Warp Barrage > Time Bomb > Tachyon Blast > Warp Barrage > Time Shift
    3. Time Bomb > Warp Barrage > Tachyon Blast > Time Shift
    repeat
    • Like x 1
  6. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

WR used to apply the PI to enemies hit with an AoE attack.

I did have to use an AoE weapon attack to spread the PI.

I wonder when that changed or if its intentional...

On the whole dumbing down thing.... I hear ya. It'd just be super easy and would still afford people the option to use either WR, GW, or TV. But ya that would extremely simplify things.
  7. Ace27 New Player

Damn, hate to sound noob here but when do you throw in Temporal Vortex in to the rotation, whenever it's available? And should it only come after a certain power? Take the place of a certain power in the rotation? Again, sorry for the noob question...
  8. Absolix Loyal Player

Temporal Vortex should be used when it is available and a trinket and/or supply drop is available to stack with it.

A rule of thumb is for Temporal Vortex to be the first or second power used after Time Bomb. Temporal Vortex has 3 ticks of damage and the last two have a delay to them, so if it is the third power used after Time Bomb the damage won't be counted towards Time Bomb's damage.

Personally whenever I use it I use Warp Barrage > Time Bomb > Temporal Vortex > Warp Barrage > Distortion Wave. This gets a higher multiplier for Time Bomb's damage to maximize the boost Temporal Vortex provides.

It should also be noted that you should never use Temporal Vortex twice during one cast of Time Bomb as you will lose damage by hitting Time Bomb's damage cap. It also helps if you can make sure there are at least two enemies hit by your cast of Temporal Vortex.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ace27 New Player

Wow thank you for the quick response and information about Tempoaral Vortex. I've been testing your loadout and rotation and seem to have it down pretty good. Doing much more dammage than my previous setup which is scary! Having said all that, I enjoy trolling as much as dps'ing could you recommend a top loadout for the Troll side of Quantum please... Thank You in advance p.s. your guide is top notch! ;)
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

For trolling there are things you need, things that are generally useful, and things that are situationally useful.

You are going to need a PoT, Power over Time, power. For this you have Gravitonic Field, which is a single target stun that grounds a target, and Tachyon Burst, which is a two person stun that gives a hard root effect, meaning other crowd control effects and pulls will not affect the enemy while affected by the stun. They are both good choices. If there is a situation where you want to separate an enemy you can use Tachyon Burst then have a tank pull the group of enemies and the stunned enemies will stay still separate from the pulled ones. Of course Gravitonic Field's stun won't get in the way of a Tank gathering adds, but Tachyon Burst will. In the end both are relatively similar.

You need a power dump. Temporal Extortion is the only option, so go with it.

A power with the ability to crowd control several enemies is generally useful. Distortion Wave has 3 stuns for each pulse of the animation that can stun 4 enemies each, Gravity Well can stun 8 enemies, and Time Bomb will slow, knockback, and stun 8 enemies. It is important to note that Distortion Wave's stuns hard root enemies which can get in the way of a Tank's ability to pull enemies.

A defense debuff is generally useful. For this you have Singularity which has an AoE pull and root that affects 8 enemies as well as a delayed knockback that affects 4 enemies, and Time shift which gives a slowing effect, enemies can't attack back can still slowly moves, to 4 enemies. Most of the time which one is used is typically decided by what tree you can get to it easier with where you've already spent power points.

A pickup power is generally useful. These are powers that provide defensive measures in general, but more specifically can be used to aid in the act og picking up fallen group members and/or allies. For this you have Time Bubble, a shield that lasts long and interacts with the Home Turf hand mod that makes using a shield heal you, and Quantum Tunneling which provides 3 seconds of damage mitigation, detaunts enemies, and moves you in the direction you press while casting or forward if no direction is pressed. It should be noted that the shield and damage mitigation are equal in strength.

A supercharge is generally useful. For this there is Event Horizon. There are other power return supercharges, but none match the usefulness of Event Horizon.

Other debuffs are situationally useful. There are not a lot of noticeable differences or utilities between them, but it is important to note that Anomaly, the healing debuff for the Time tree, also has a 4 enemy hard root to its stun so be mindful of whether a tank might need to pull enemies or not.

A single target pull is situationally useful. Einstein's Ray is a single target stun, pull, and knockback if combo'd. If cast while at the peak of a jump it will actually pull an enemy past you rather than to you.

You're likely going to want a loadout of PoT power, power dump, crowd control power, pickup power, defense debuff, and supercharge. Then in situation where either one of these is not necessary ofr one of the more situationally useful power is more useful you can switch a power or two out. For instance, in the Cerberus fight there are no enemies controllable with powers, so you can switch out the Crowd Control power for a Healing debuff power as there are healing effects in the fight.
    • Like x 1
  11. Byren Well-Known Player

If you know the PI is already applied, would using Tachyon Blast be better than Distortion Wave? or does Distortion Wave have some other affect on multiplier I'm missing?
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

The setup I described results in a higher multiplier for Time Bomb. Basically Time Bomb is the damage of the Time powers that did damage while it was out. The number is decided by the number of powers as well as what powers were used. The powers that result in the highest numbers are Warp Barrage and Distortion Wave. So using those two powers maximizes the boost of using Temporal Vortex.

Mind you this is to say that when it becomes available and you have a trinket and/or supply drop available it is best to wait until you get the point in your rotation where you would have to use Distortion Wave to refresh the PI anyways, activate the trinket and/or supply drop before, and use the described rotation for that Time Bomb instead.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ace27 New Player

Seached through all the pages here and seen just a few loadout tips basiclly, for pvp, but no actual loadout or guide? Just wondering if when you have time you could do that for us? Yes, I know Quantum is supposed to suck for pvp but I have grinded Legends to get some pvp gear to start getting some feats (plenty to get for pvp). Complete noob when it comes to pvping so any help with a loadout skill point allocation etc... would be a great help! A big advanced thank you for when and if you have time for this.... Keep up the great work you do on here
  14. Absolix Loyal Player

I haven't gotten to doing a through with doing a PvP section, because of how bad balance is in PvP at the moment, although the lack of a trol section is more laziness on my part.

As a Dps your damage will come almost entirely from strong weapon combos. DW, HB, MA, and Shield are your best bets. You can use Warped Reality with Gravity Bomb or Tachyon Blast to squeeze out a little more damage. Other than that have Quantum Tunneling for if you are countered and your basic loadout is set. Prioritize keeping enough power to use QT over using WR, Tach Blast, or GB. You can squeeze some other powers like Robot Sidekick or a supercharge, but you will find your self not using them much as only Robot Sidekick can make any noticeable difference and that is only in matches with a good healer to take advantage of RS splitting damage.

As a trol you are only useful as a power source for healers. Debuffs are weakened so using any power to use anything other than a PoT power or Temporal Extortion isn't realy worth the power cost. Other than that using one of the weapons mentioned for Dps can help put more pressure on the opposing team, which with how strong they are has overtaken the upside of getting a weapon for good power regen. With the shield nerf the Iconic tree Shazam supercharge or one of the movement trees' 50% supercharges work better than Event Horrizon. You could maybe use Robot Sidekick, but there's not really much you could do past that.

For skillpoints just keep in mind that you cannot hit the cap for crit chance, and the cap for crit damage is 175% and you start out at 125%. You'll want top have more powers unlocked in the Time tree as it grants you crit chance while having it in the Space tree grants crit damage. Then get the 2 crit iconics. With this if you use 10 skill points in crit damage innates you will be exactly at the cap for crit damage. From there go for Precision.

Make sure you always have the CC resistance and breakout mastery innates from the movement trees no matter what as they are invaluable.

For trolling get the movement innates and go for the crit chance and damages till you hit the caps. The power crit chance innates from weapon trees are worse in PvP since there are no power crit amount innates from soket affinities to increase the amount they crit for, thus the damage ibecomes more important. After go for Vit and power crit chance, straight Vit, then the power crit chances.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ace27 New Player

Thanks a ton! I'll take these tips and put them to good use. As a complete noob to pvp this should help alot...
  16. chaotic3430 Committed Player

Einstein's Ray is great in PvP as well. Single target pull combo for uppercut precision damage for those scrubs that like to fly above everyone and poach. Low power cost and you can yank them right out of the air and smack them to the ground. Here is my PvP loadout:

Warped Reality
    Gravity Well (for groups)
    Einstein's Ray (for single targets)
    Gravity Bomb
    Tachyon Blast
    Quantum Tunneling
  17. Absolix Loyal Player

I would drop Gravity Well. After GU41 it is nerfed to only 41.67% it's normal damage in arenas..

While Einstein's Ray is decent it isn't that good when compared to the insane damage weapons can do, especially since the latest patch notes show that Shield is going to get stronger..
  18. SkullGang Devoted Player

Is it me or is Quantum hitting really hard now ? 137k crits ?
  19. Absolix Loyal Player

As far as I know the only change was from power back to power regeneration.

I'm getting the same multipliers for Time Bomb's damage as I got about 3 days ago, so I don't think anything has changed.

Keep in mind if you are in gear 2 tiers or more past the content you are running you are going to a big inflation to your damage from cr scaling.
  20. SkullGang Devoted Player

These numbers were from the corrupted Zam duo.