So who is willing to play troller after stat matters?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mightyhon, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Man_of_Rage Level 30

I'm enjoying being proven right about the game, you, and your Delusions of "Grandeur". I would have loved a logical healthy debate. Every time I said ANYTHING you attacked me as a person because I wasn't wrong with my factual assessment of the game.

I said you would come to the same conclusion as me about the state of game, even if the reasons were different. I knew you would use the same arguments I made, even though you mocked me for making them. The difference is I don't twist facts to fit my opinion.

I've called you a bully because you used to always disagree with me even if you agreed. If I pointed that out you would twist that into another personal attack. I only come on the forums to see others call you out and reading the cognitive dissonance slowly creep into your responses.

I'm rarely on here anymore and I know you don't even remember our many interactions over the years. There was a time you genuinely were satirical. That was a long time ago.

I power of the Blue Lanterns, that you recognise your power of the Red Lanterns, one day. Until then or the closure of this forum I will be always be watching....

Have a wonderful day/night!
    • Like x 1
  2. Man_of_Rage Level 30

I solved my controller problems by switching to Rage, Atomic and Celestial. The content makes playing as a troll pointless. I joined this game to be a Green Lantern so I play maybe 3 to 5 times...a month. I'm PoT neutral, the content needs changing to make any role adjustments noticeable. It doesn't seem like trolling will be all that different from now, which raises some questions. If content reflects the changes by the time this hits live I will return to the role.
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Yeah the developers know what they are doing. They brought you folks the P2W system and people are investing into it are they not?

Whether you agree or hate said system, it won't go away if people continue to invest into it. That was pretty much given when the developers announced the new time capsules.
    • Like x 1
  4. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

While I do not agree with the ones debating here 100% on this subject but you're doing nothing more but instigating.

You must have forgotten the original description of the controller role if you think the controllers main role was to be a battery. The original description was to provide command & control to the battle.

Then in another comment you are trying to say the tank is for crowd control. You need to give it a rest already.The controllers main function is not being a battery.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I'm sorry for your perception on that.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

A tank pulls adds to itself and bosses to control them, that is by all intents and purposes crowd control.

crowd control is merely an ability a troll can possess on add's, whereas arguably control is actually the primary role of the tank.

Controllers are meant to primarily blue bar heal and do other things subsequent to that.

It's just the way it's always meant to have been.
  7. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

This guy gets it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Dude, you really need to learn about the law of diminishing returns.

Your whole #perception thing really has been old and tired for a couple of months now.

I am not, however, surprised that this was your answer to him, because this guy described your behavior on these forums to a tee.

Jafin wasn't playing your game or deciding you must be right because "proxy", so what did you do? You instantly started slinging insults to instigate him back to the conversation.

You're not nearly as clever as you think Proxy. In fact, you're fairly transparent.

You're far less interested in solving an issue or coming to the best conclusion than you are about winning the argument.

Honestly your behavior in this thread in particular is just embarrassing.

Now go ahead and reply with "I'm sorry for your perception on that." It's oh so clever and novel a comeback.
    • Like x 3
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Actually I was providing constructive feedback in terms of how the troll role functions and how a person can optimize their existing loadout using consumables and the like.

Auto-PoT is a mistake, Jafin was saying he needed to have slots freed up to do certain things, that's his entire justification to auto PoT it isn't even that he thinks auto PoT is necessarily the best idea, he just wants to have more free power slots to do what he wants with.

I make a person question their own motives, I don't beat around the bush about it and I certainly won't make apologies because people (obviously including yourself) get a little offended by it; especially vicarious offense, pretty sure Jafin is capable of defending himself and if I said something in breach of forum guidelines there's a report function buddy.

If you want to talk about the troll role I suggest you do that, If you want to have a further personal attack at me, much like the person I was responding to then I'm happy to continue that conversation with you in private message, feel free to send me a message.
  10. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

No no Proxy, that's fine, this post says it all.

Clearly only you are allowed to make things personal. Because "Proxy tells it like it is. He doesn't sugercoat it and beat around the bush", but that's acceptable for him to insult people because he's Proxy, and he certainly won't apologize.

But if you point out that Proxy's being a bully, and using insults to instigate more conversation because someone didn't decide Proxy was right, you better contact him in PM. Only Proxy is allowed to sling insults, because he's Proxy, and he has different rules then the ones he holds others to.

Because Proxy is a hypocrite.

Your defenses are so old "I make a person question their own motives." no you don't. you just berate people with your idea of "good debate" until they give up and start ignoring you.

"I'm pretty sure Jafin is capable of defending himself." I'm sure he is too, but that doesn't preclude others from looking at your behavior and calling you out on it. but i suppose this is like when you write a public post on a public forum and address it to Mepps, so you can ignore other criticisms that you can't defend against with "was my post addressed to you?" Nevermind the multiple conversations you inject yourself into between two people. The "was my post addressed to you?" rule doesn't apply to Proxy, just people criticizing Proxy.

By the way, nobody asked you to apologize. That would be pointless, because it would require you admitting being wrong about anything. And we all know how capable you are of that.

because you really ARE that transparent.

Have a great day!
    • Like x 3
  11. DC Urban Committed Player

I play whenever I can, maybe but my plate is full with the new titles
  12. Soul Dedicated Player

Is this entire argument/debate/e-pin measuring contest about Auto-PoT as opposed to Input PoT?

Because honestly, Troller's "Optimal" gameplay have not changed one bit. (To what it was during DNG/Beta-2011/Prior to WM/AM)

To begin with it seems like the base to your arguments is set differently.. Jaffin and others are addressing the matter from a point of "Options" as in multiple viable ways of achieving a desired end result - which I only assume is beating content.
    Whereas Proxy seems to address things from a point of "The Optimal", narrowing down things to their "best" (#Perception) possible state and min-maxing performance.

This whole thing seems personal and nothing else..
  13. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

A Tanks primary role is to do what?

Crowd Control?

Why do Tanks have high Defense if they are just going to aggro bosses and adds?

This is why we have some many problems with new players in this game as is.

Faulty information everywhere.

Controller role has never been to primarily blue bar healer, that is the community perspective.

No where does it say that the primary function is to Blue bar heal it says in addition to giving power.

We choose to do that, all other roles only can do 1 thing, there role, where we can choose to stand and just give power or we can CC adds and give power or we can simply CC adds.

We restrict ourselves where others have no choice.

Note: I didn't mention damage as well to what we controllers can do as I see it, it is in conjunction with all Roles, but primarily the job of DPS, where other role should be able to contribute but not to extreme.

Remember this statement:

It was when the whole topic about auto PoT was first introduced.

What are you saying now?
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

1. My view on it has changed as the stat revamp has progressed, people are allowed to change their minds ;) I have discussed the matter with many individuals many of which have even convinced me that the auto PoT is a mistake, I'm well aware of my prior stance on it when stat revamp was first introduced.

2. An essential part of a tanks role is in fact, yes to crowd control. What do you think is happening when a tank is pulling adds in to oneself, those adds are stunned and pulled in, those adds can continue to be stunned depending on tank moves and classes etc, atomic is exceptionally good right now at continuing to stun adds; whether you like it or not this is be the very definition crowd control.

A tank is supposed to control adds and bosses to ensure they are the ones with the hate and they are the ones taking all the damage so that the group isn't.

It's not faulty information at all. Tanks have high defense in order to mitigate the damage they're receiving when they aggro bosses and adds; so I'm not quite sure I understand your question;

Why do Tanks have high Defense if they are just going to aggro bosses and adds?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.