So who is willing to play troller after stat matters?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mightyhon, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

I think trolls look even more appealing to play after revamp.

It seems like cc effects are being nerfed/removed from dps roles. Trolls have more of a chance to help in fights with nothing stopping them from going Pfft or Hybrid (as long as they keep thier vit at certain levels).

It does sound like power is still an issue. I believe EVERY1 wants to play Pfft (except weapon only wierdos). But guess what? They are not finished. They will either make PFFT easier or they will buff trolls.

I think the biggest hurdle is Solo power management vs 4/8man power management. How can you let DPS solo/duo without needing trolls and at the same time make trolls needed in 4/8mans......
  2. StealthBlue Loyal Player

That's the easy part, we already have the mechanic in game. Power back from killing adds only applies in open world, solos, and duos. It's just the amount of power back that needs to be looked at so we get the right amount back. It needs to be (and I'm sure it is on test currently) based off of a stat too, because a PftT person will need more power back than a weapon user.
  3. Soul Dedicated Player

My take on trolling after a couple end-game raid runs - It's a 2011 Power Battery reliant on SC Generation.

I ended up solo trolling a couple of runs, and the conclusion was extremely clear:
    If the old Troll tray was PoT, Power Dump, Shields based on need, Debuffs and a SC.
    The new Troll tray is SC Generator, Power Dump, Shields based on need, Debuffs and a SC.

Your gameplay really doesn't change one bit as a troller.
    It's not better nor is it worse, capable players use the Troll class to save teammates by CCing potential threats, and this new system just makes it more crucial they do so, since other classes lost that ability to a degree. However, you can still get away without said target on demand CCs simply because the content is hardly challenging.

Unless we get content specifically tailored to utilize Trollers' almost exclusive ability to CC groups of adds, nothing has changed for the class.
    Examples: A raid where the troller is set on its own "Mission/Task" to delay groups of adds while the team fights in the background, or possibly stuns static defenses over and over through a corridor to enable the team passing through it.
    (These ideas are only limited by a Devs imagination..)

Here's one of the raids we run on test, courtesy of Ala Rebelde:
    • Like x 2
  4. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Ah, c'mon people. as if DCUO would ever run out of trolls....
    • Like x 1
  5. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

If you mean for pvp nah, pve yah.
  6. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Ha I don't know about you but as a controller, that's exactly I want to do is 'control' thanks to daybreak making controller role dedicated to power giving since the beginning, you players think that is exactly what controlling is all about, while ignoring the name, come on its that simple lol, if anything create another role, and you want challenge? That's what the content is suppose to provide while we are having fun enjoying our roles.
    • Like x 2
  7. Kal~el Committed Player

Sure it does.

Weapon Mastery. Check
    Advanced Mechanics. Check
    CR Differential. Check
    Inconsistency in Powers. Check
    Inconsistency in content difficulty. Check

Need I say more?
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Keeping PoT isnt a challenge huh? Then why do so many troll struggle w/it? Funny thing too is i have seen some players on here say it isnt a challenge and ive run with em ingame and they were the troll and struggled to keep PoT up even half the time. Its not a hard thing to do, its players dont wanna pay attention. So the solution is to make em pay attention even less? Its been proven over and over that making things easier for people does not help them learn. Its done anyways and then people on here wonder why we have so many support players at end game who seem clueless. Its mind boggling to me that people support outright dumbing down of the troll role.

Its bee stated the debuffs wont be touched, at least for now and tbh ya dont need debuffs for anything except later rounds of SM. CCing is barely required anywhere. A few people keep saying it, the way to make support roles better is to design content around them. To have mechanics that require the support roles and also lets them shine. Not devalue them. I will say it again, its mind boggling to me people support this.

Maybe in the future new end game raids can have 8 dps and we walk in and 1 button gets pushed and everything is dead. And the reward for killing the boss is ya get every feat in the episode and every piece of the best gear :rolleyes: I guarantee the 1st week after the revamp we see multiple threads in the gameplay section about trolling, either how there are so many bad ones or how boring people feel it is.
    • Like x 1
  9. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Controller as we see inside this game only exists in this game!

A role that only serves as a "power battery"!
    And its other real functions of controlling are left out.
    For me, the controller should be changed in this game!
    He should really become a controller!
    Where he would only give Bufs both attacks and defenses!
    It would be useful for raids both to make enemies weaker and paralyzed, to make stronger dps, tanks with more defense, and so on.
    On the question of "power", each one would be self-sufficient.
    This would solve many problems of the game, including the importance of the controller. And even the revamp itself.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Being lazy/not paying attention isn't the same as something being challenging. There's always the possibility that trolls who were rushed to endgame aren't even aware of how to know if PoT is active or not. I started trolling when Quantum came out in 2013, and for at least the first month I didn't know that the green lightning bolt under my name was the indicator for PoT. Keep in mind that that was just my first month of trolling, but I had been playing the game for 2.5 years at that point and I was completely oblivious to something as basic as the PoT icon. A lot of things are not explained in this game, at all. If we see people have trouble doing basic things then we should check to make sure they actually understand there are icons to help them.

If you don't agree with auto PoT that's your prerogative, but I for one have wanted something like this for a very long time because it gives me one more loadout slot for a bit of increased freedom in how I choose to troll. Trolls already have so many "must have" abilities for their loadouts that it's nice to get even one degree of freedom.

The debuffs have been touched, twice in fact. Their potency was increased to 10% (except for Healing since that was already higher) a few updates ago and their duration was lengthened from 10 seconds to 12 in the latest Stats Revamp update.

I would love to see the role expanded in the future. There are more ways to control a battle than simply physically controlling an enemy. Group buffs, which we're getting a tiny taste of in the revamp, would definitely be a most welcome feature in the future. That, however, is not what the stats revamp is about and is something that will have to come later, if at all.
    • Like x 1
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Screwed this entire post up, sorry and disregard please.[/quote]
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

I really gotta ask what is the OP describing that is untrue? Show me the content that has mechanics specific to the troll role? Where trolls are needed to do anything other then dump power? Anb? Ok thats one. Dlc7? Sure but since then its AnB and LnW but with LnW the troll only needed to pull that one specific add. So it wasnt even 100% of the time. And im asking cause i cannot think of another piece of content since then where trolls did anything but give power. Tbh i find this thread really strange. That somehow the revamp is making controlling engaging and exciting. How exactly is that happening? Im seriously asking because i dont see it. U said its not gonna be how the OP described, and others have said that too, yet no one gives any evidence to show it wont be like that ;)
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

by then they will have removed all roles except DPS from the game.
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I agree with the highlighted line. Its almost like having 8 pieces of elite as a troll even if you dont :p
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

So the argument for auto PoT being good is u werent paying attention and u were oblivious to the mechanic for 2.5 years? I hear ya on the freedom to free up a slot but what exactly do ya need that slot for? Because there isnt really anything else for trolls to do. I also wouldnt call debuffs duration being extended by 2 seconds an improvement. Why? Because for the longest time now they dont really do anything. Its been proven many times over by people. Ive even done the math on the defense one before with some people and it would speed a raid run up by roughly 1 min but thats if it was applied to every add and boss in the raid and never dropped. I would hardly call that meaningful. But im not comment anymore on it was we clearly disagree. I will say again, making things easier doesnt help people learn ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Light I like you, I think you're a very insightful guy with a lot of good opinions, but this sentence right here completely contradicts and nullifies a lot of stuff that is said on the forums I find it hard to believe anyone would even say it.

As for the post you replied to me worth before, troll is still in the process of getting adjusted. Avair mentioned power management is an ongoing process. While you're right there's few troll specific mechanics in the game, improving debuffs and CC which they have been working on, is a step in the right direction for making trolls more engaging. We'll continue this discussion in a few more versions of the revamp to see where trolls stand.
    • Like x 2
  17. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I honestly would expect more healers to stop healing after the revamp more so than seeing trollers stop trolling.

Healers basically lost their small utility tools that they had and have around less variety than before (not to mention it seems like they are going to be the ones "forced" to have specific loadouts at this time).
    • Like x 1
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

WM=Mostly DPS centric. The only reason why WM was used by support roles was because Brawling was the superior option for most out of the folks out there.
    AMS=purely DPS centric.

CR differential=Broken, Backfired, being replaced.

Inconsistency in Powers=I don't know why people Expect Perfect Balance, As it's been stated numerous times true balance will never happen unless every powerset is just a skin of one another.

Inconsistency in content difficulty= Thank the lazy players for that one. Do I need to remind you that DWF was a hard-raid and people still cried for a nerf?

Need you say more? No. Because everything you brought up had more or less nothing to do with the controller role lol.
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That's exactly the reason I went for the elite gear with AF3. Quantum trolls are unique in that they have Quantum Tunneling, so I always carried that along with my personal shield, whereas the other troll powers would have their personal shield + whatever else they wanted in place of Quantum Tunneling. It meant I always had to make the choice between a defence debuff OR a stun, whereas now I can have both.
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I never said I wasn't paying attention, I said I wasn't even aware there was a way to know (outside of counting the PoT ticks) because the game does not explain it to you in any way. The only way TO know was for somebody else to enlighten me, which is exactly what happened - somebody told me what the lightning bolt meant, I learned, I got better. That slot could be for any number of things. It could be for a stun to help with adds, it could be for an extra debuff for bosses that require them, such as bosses that need heal debuffs like Mantis, or I could even just pop on a power to do extra damage to help out with that. That's the beauty of it - it's situational. Not every fight will be the same, and you have to adapt to the situation. Sure, a lot of fights don't require these extra things, but for those who do it's nice to have the flexibility and not be locked into something specific or have to sacrifice X so you can use Y.

The reason debuffs didn't really "do" anything is because the CR differential made them practically negligible. The only important thing was for the DPSes and Tanks to have a specific CR. A lot of people in this community have demonstrated numerous times over the years that they are not willing to help people learn. So many people come here and complain about bad DPS, bad Trolls, bad Healers and bad Tanks, but how many of them actually help these people? If whoever it was that explained the PoT icon to me hadn't actually explained it to me who knows where I would be in this game right now, if I was even playing still. The smallest things can make a big difference.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.