So who is willing to play troller after stat matters?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mightyhon, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

so inefficient, that's how to maximise your potential, think of all the assistance you're missing out on, backups, sidekick, orbital, supply drops, pets, consumables.
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Backup and sidekick share a cooldown, so there's no point swapping those out. Got my orbital and supply drop, got my pet, have my soder in my consumable slot and that's the only consumable I need. I got all I need, but thanks for your concern. ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. Isif Committed Player

Since PoT is automatic now, what arduous task should we assign to trolls? Trolls not throwing PoT is auto-solved by just being a Controller. So what is the answer from the anti-battery crowd. Keep in mind that reprogramming a self-important CC heavy troll may be strenuous. What options are there? Remember we are support and instances must be finish-able without you.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Power is still the primary function, no change there.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Central City Trinket - on its own cooldown, can also be used to restore power to yourself twice (second time momentarily shocked) very useful if you are running a little short, might be even more useful post revamp.

Sidekicks - pull aggro, particularly useful if your tank might go down and keeps the boss off the group just long enough, even better if more of them are around. - shields you, heals you.

Back up - can be useful if you want to contribute towards damage or you want to increase the number of pets around for similar reasons above.

Chronometric Emitters - particularly useful to stun adds are used by tanks also.

Personal Dampening Field - particularly effective personal shield largely speaking on par with most other personal shields.

You can cycle your last trinket slot with all hometurf trinkets and pets and increase your effectiveness also allowing you to free up more slots i.e. carrying a personal dampening field.

It seems you younger breed of player in this game certainly aren't up to play with effective tricks of the trade ;) hell most of you probably skipped content so hard you don't even know what the central city trinket is nor where to find it.

It's particuarly useful for healers too btw, provides a group shield ;)
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

LOL "younger breed of player" - I've been here since the day the game launched. If you played in beta then congrats, you beat me by a whole couple of months. None of this has anything to do with what we were actually talking about, which is the troll role and the power sets. I know what all that stuff does, no need to explain it. The thing is, I want to stun with my power set, I want to shield with my power set. You have your way of playing, I have mine. Neither are incorrect, they're just different.

If you want to continue talking about the actual topic I'm happy to continue, but if you just want to derail into judging people by their playstyle then I'm out.;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

But you don't want to provide power, the primary point of controlling? You're too busy trying to be a pseudo tank right? Or it's ok as long as easy mode is engaged and you don't have to remember when to PoT or how to double PoT, you just want to press the 2 key and spam insta power.

I mean no offense here Jafin, but that's what it really sounds like. removing PoT is a diminishment of the role, you may want to carry more moves but honestly if we're taking away what has been the essential part of trolling since day DoT (see what I did there lol) to the point where we now just run around stunning **** and pushing ****, which can all be done by a tank, maybe we should consider scrapping the controller role entirely.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Please point to where I said anything about not wanting to provide power. You're twisting things that I say to make them fit what you want to believe. This isn't new.
    • Like x 2
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Oh please I'm not twisting anything, that's just what people say when they no longer want to present a proper argument.

I've shown you that you can already save spots through smarter game play, I've shown you ideas that can fix your desire to have extra slots that don't damage a part of controlling that has been present in the game forever a part that many people still enjoy.

Hell if you want "Auto PoT" then shouldn't it just be kept as an "elite bonus" for those that care?

Yet you're still on this bandwagon that "Auto PoT" is the best, since I've already given superior ideas to auto PoT where's the defense of Auto PoT now?

I think there's more to be said about the desire to be "lazy" here and have things "easier" than you're prepared to accept.
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No no, you're just regurgitating the same stuff over and over. Case in point your odd fascination with mentioning stuns so much, when I've made it abundantly clear that they are only one part of the equation.

Your ideas are not fixes, they're sidesteps. As long as there is anything that is a requirement that is one less piece of freedom we have in a loadout that is already quite restricted as it is.

I've made my point several times, there's really absolutely no more information I can add to it. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, I've simply given my preference and opinion.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to bed. Hope you have a pleasant evening. G'day mate.
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Yet for some reason the "Auto PoT" idea should take precedent instead of discussing actual fixes.

That's the point you're actually way more hung up on Auto PoT than you realise, because it "helps your style", but harms others... but hey as long as it helps yours right.
  12. Wicked Banana Well-Known Player

So who ever does not play "your" way Proxy is playing the game wrong?

Just because you don't personally like the Auto-Pot feature, it is automatically considered a sin for someone else to like the idea?

Please enlighten us with your thoughts on this ^^
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Sure, I'll say what I've been saying to Jafin, we need to come up with a solution that doesn't damage a feature in the game that many other trolls enjoy.

I didn't say "his way" was wrong, what I'm saying is it's not optimal and he can do things already that free up the space he needs while maintaining PoT, which was his entire argument for auto PoT in the first place.

I've also thrown out ideas such as adding a debuff to a PoT move, which is all but making it more automated but at least it keeps the manual feature.

complete Auto PoT is lazy, it really is and in my view some people support it simply because it allows them to no longer "care about casting it".

The primary purpose of a troll is to restore power, yet that is now being watered down to be one feature only, "instant power".

And some people tried to say the 1 2 3 4 AM damage feature was boring, yet they're advocating for nonsense like this?
  14. Wicked Banana Well-Known Player

Gonna reply in this weird way, i am not good yet in using the edits of the posts right ^^

1. Yet you trashed mental trolls that choose to not carry grandeur, because you think this is the only efficient way to play, and dissed all the trolls that choose not to cycle slots like crazy in a middle of a fight because you find it enjoyable -and probably E & C to do so?

2. So because you have views on something, you feel it is necessary to personally attack the rest of the community that does not share this anxiety with you?

3. Auto-Pot will still restore power along with the instant one, i really don't see the issue here.

You usually give really nice feedbacks and some sweet replies in threads, but in this one, it seems like you are lashing out blindly like my kid does when a toy is taken away?

Irrelevant - "It seems you younger breed of player" lol seriously??? if you want ppl to work with you to find better alternatives, be more respectful maybe? Otherwise, you just seem like a kid who's toy was indeed taken. Using the telling it like it is,laying it hard card because i am authentic like that doesn't always help your cause - just saying.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I stand by my statement, any mental troll worth their weight carries grandeur, I'm not changing that view, it's simply a superior move to troll with based on its functionality you can argue against that all you like, won't change it.

I'm also not going to walk around tenderly or wrap things up in cotton wool out of fear I might hurt someones feelings.

Auto PoT may restore power but it removes an aspect of responsibility a troll has to maintain the providing of power. Again it would be like telling a tank they no longer need to maintain aggro, they're just automatically given it.
  16. Wicked Banana Well-Known Player

Oh no problem with that, you can stand your ground all you like ^^. Just dont delude yourself thinking that anyone else shares your opinion or cares about it. If i had a cent everytime a person told me how to mental troll i would be a millionaire now. You would be amazed how many Mental Troll Experts are roaming the servers with adamant views on the subject. And i bet you also know the old saying about opinions ^^

No need to sugarcoat anything, i don't think that nobody cares enough to get hurt. We are a toxic community after all ^^.

And what would be the actual issue of removing that responsibility and replacing it with something else??? i honestly fail to see your point here. So what if we find something else to do with our powers? Do you only troll so you can PoT? i mean, this is the only enjoyment you get out of the run? You just join a raid to PoT? and suddenly they remove that and your whole world lays in crumbles?
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Not at all you're over exaggerating at the end there lol ;)

It's just an important feature to trolling one I'd rather not see removed and made into an automatic feature that requires no player input.

I know neither side of this argument is alone, there are people that sit in both camps. My point is that instead of making it "all one way" we find a better way to accommodate both sides.

it seems the biggest reason people want auto pot is because it "frees up" slots for whatever else they might want, if that can be done another way then surely that should be explored rather than upsetting one particular side of the spectrum.

If people want auto PoT solely because they've always had trouble doing PoT and they'd rather not bother, I would propose they probably shouldn't be a troll period.
  18. Wicked Banana Well-Known Player

Now this is reply i wholeheartedly agree with! :)
  19. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Time showing that develeopers dont know what to do with it .What we got on test its next lvl balance , revamp ,stat matter call it how u want . Question is why it dosnt work so far ? Its becouse they know what they doing right ?
    Who knows what is DCUO direction today and how it is gona be in few months ?
    Lets try this and try that oh no maybe this will work all this BS just for 15$ per month .
    6 years playing on live server which is on big test server still broken by the way brought us to new pay to win system in this point i totaly agree developers know what they doing .
  20. gemii Dedicated Player

just make an auto pot white mod.. that way you give players options on how they want to troll. guys who want auto pot can place that in their gear and guys who don't can wear some other mod that benefits trolling
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.