So who is willing to play troller after stat matters?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mightyhon, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

If you are running with guys that expect you to be a battery after the stat revamp then those players do not know how to allocate their stats. Have fun running with me players. I refuse to do it.

I have been playing controller since I started and I will continue to do so. Heck I troll so often it even spills over here sometimes.:p
    • Like x 1
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

If you were feeling like a battery then your team mates did not understand how to allocate their stats. That is something you should take up with them.
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I wouldn't have any issues with that. I also wouldn't have an issue if they do remove the auto PoT. They did say they'd see how it goes, it might not even make it to live. I'll work with whatever we end up getting.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Well then since you have the ear of the developers, you're a social media moderator, yes? how about you provide it as feedback to the developers and we can then give them some feedback that will keep more of the community happy ;)

That wasn't a passive aggressive winky face by the way.
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm a chat moderator for Discord, I don't have any more sway on what does or doesn't make it into the game than you or any other forum members. I'm sure they've read this thread and many of the others. :) <---Friendly smile
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

That aside, it would be helpful if we banded together to keep the status quo in terms of PoT and provided feedback to that effect, rather than just accepting it as a forgone conclusion because we're 'apathetic' about it :)
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oh I'm not apathetic about it. I prefer auto PoT (well, to be honest I'd prefer if it was more like the elite gear bonus where any power will start PoT, but ho hum) for all the reasons I've listed already. I'm just saying that if PoT stays the way it is on live then I'll just keep going the way I've always been. I definitely have a preference, so there's no apathy about it on my part.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

So you support something when you know there's a better solution?
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

"Better" is subjective. As I've said already the auto PoT gives more choice by freeing up a loadout slot. In that slot I can choose to place another debuff, a stun or something to do a bit of extra damage. Your solution pertains only to moving debuffs around.

Let me simplify it, because I think you're clinging on to the notion that I just want room for a stun in my loadout. Auto PoT = more choices for my playstyle. That is literally the reason why I like it. There is no convoluted reason that needs yet more paragraphs of back and forth. I cannot boil it down any more than that.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

You want to have more flexibility and you think that PoT being removed provides you with that, my point is, PoT can be left as is and a better solution would be to tie an effective stun into also being a debuff.

i.e. phantom flames was actually quite an effective 'stun' and debuff tied together.

How is this a 'subjective better idea' is it not just a 'better idea' that protects the desires of both sides, yes I am against auto PoT, but you seem quite resistent to wanting to discuss alternative ideas no offense.

That's because despite your asserting you're not you are apathetic about it, because you clearly don't care which way this falls which is the definition of apathy.
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You're still basing everything off the misconception that I just want a stun. The fact of the matter is that having an ability that you MUST have will always provide you with one less degree of choice. That is a fact. I have stated time and time again that the reason I like the auto PoT is because it gives me the choice to have something else in my loadout that I would not normally have. If you want to keep your PoT move you're free to put Terror Tendrils or Telekinesis into that free slot. Go nuts, man.

Choice means:
    1) I can carry an extra debuff if I choose
    2) I can carry a stun if I choose
    3) I can carry a damaging ability, such as Time Bomb, so that I can run a battle troll build if I choose
    And that is all without having to sacrifice something that I would normally carry, therefore not hampering how well I would normally do my job.

In the current setup, if I didn't have the 8 piece elite affinity mod, I would run with PoT, Personal Shield, Power Dump, Defence Debuff, Quantum Tunneling, Group Shield + Power SC. If I wanted to chuck on a stun I would normally sacrifice either my defence debuff or my personal shield. Both are losses that can have an impact, however insignificant that may be. Losing the shield means sacrificing a portion of my survivability. Sacrificing the defence debuff means that the enemies will take less damage. I know, I know - debuffs don't make a huge difference at the moment, but we've all been in a situation where a boss gets down to a sliver of health and you know in your gut that one more attack would have brought him/her down - the defence debuff can be the difference between wiping and not wiping if you think of it at a granular level.

I won't go too much into battle trolling since that isn't really a thing in the current world, but it has potential to be a thing under the revamp. Something as simple as adding Time Bomb to my rotation using my freed up slot would enable me to do some extra damage to help the battles progress more smoothly.

Extra debuffs - some bosses require heal debuffs. They're few and far between, but they exist. With the freed up slot, I have the choice to carry that extra debuff without having to sacrifice anything else in my loadout. Same goes for attack debuffs.

So again, the word of the day here is: choice!

I think it's quite clear that I am anything but apathetic. I clearly care about having this choice. It's not that I'm resistant to other ideas, it's that I like this one. This is what I prefer. This is what I care about.

Before you bring it up - yes, I am aware that there is a whole lot of "I" in this, and that is because I only speak for myself. I'm not trying to speak for any other people. Ultimately I think choice is a good thing. Choice is seemingly the theme of the whole revamp. If AMs have made one thing clear, I think it's that people don't like being made to feel that they have to use something and that there is no alternative.
    • Like x 1
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

that is true every troll has a detaunt or personal shield to some agree. Thats a given its been that way since god who knows the start I'd like to think lol

thats why I assumed Jafin was referring to the animation more then the effect QT gives. When I was quantum I always referred to that power as a 2-in-1 b/c not only did it get me a distance away its also fun to play with, and if Im not mistaken it also shield / blocks dmg for so long after its used but could be wrong on that.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

yes it's exactly the same as grandeur in its form to detaunt/shield following your respawn.

Arguably speaking you should be just fine tunneling to someone and doing a pick up, without even needing a second personal shield.

I think people also tend to forget things like personal dampening fields and chronometric emmitters exist sometimes.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

My point is if you change something else like a debuff into a stun + debuff you also free up a spot, you could also change your PoT move into a debuff/PoT move.

There's ways to do things without putting everything into full engaged simple mode
    • Like x 1
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I dont think its that ppl forget I think its alot of they dont wanna gather the materials lol

Im 1 of these ppl as I dont know where a doide or w/e drops lol
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It would free up a spot if it was done in a specific way such as putting a defence debuff onto the PoT. Defence debuffs are the debuff du jour that all trolls I have come across use and is always the primary debuff that I would use. If that was done, then sure it would definitely free up a spot for me and I wouldn't be opposed to it. I still personally prefer the auto PoT, but I would also be open to that.

Edited to add an extra bit:

If it came across as me saying that I carry the personal shield and QT for the specific purpose of picking people up, that wasn't my intention. It wasn't about always using the two in conjunction. The personal shield is more for when I'm in a danger zone or if I want to protect myself without zipping off somewhere else and then running back to my spot.
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Double edged sword isn't it and where grandeur shines.

That's also my point of personal dampening field, that could effectively do the same thing as your personal shield also freeing up a slot. ;)
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Could do, but again I'd have to sacrifice something else to use it. ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

sacrifice what? a trinket, please tell me you have an alternating trinket slot at the end that you alternate with other stuff? please tell me you're not one of these people that don't do that :D
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I do have my trinket slot, yeah, but I don't go in and swap out my trinkets in the middle of a fight if that's what you're talking about.

Edit: I tell a lie, I do swap them out from time to time, just not very often.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.