So who is willing to play troller after stat matters?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mightyhon, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

I know I won't be. What's the fun in playing a role where your job is to smash one button over and over again until it breaks? Instead of one guy doing that you will just have 2 or 3 poor souls spamming power and listening dps yelling "troll moar power!!". Pot troller won't anymore even be pot troller since pot is automatic. Devs took away even challenge of being able to keep pot up or double tick. Content will be same lazily designed stuff as it has always been. Just throw power, don't need to stun or debuff anything. Don't need to use stealth, shields or pull. No special mechanics for troll role, only for other roles. Just press that one button that gives instant power. Sounds like so much fun that I could yell screw this! Hopefully dps role will be more entertaining to play in new system.
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 14
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You basically described how trolling already is. And I'd hardly call keeping PoT active a "challenge", then again I've seen some pretty bad trolls...
    • Like x 18
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

LOL you forumities always crack me up.

First yall make a claim that "Trollers" have nothing to do, they aren't used for giving power back anymore. Yall also say that keeping pot up used to be a bit of a pain.

Stats-revamp Fixes and Makes Controllers needed again, and look where we are at now. Yall are whining about Controllers yet again...

This community doesn't know what it wants.
    • Like x 5
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I think trolls could give a little more power, but it's not gonna be how you describe it at all lol. Go sit somewhere.
    • Like x 7
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

[IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You don't know what you're talking about.
  8. Mightyhon Well-Known Player

Fixed it for you. I am also willing to consult devs next time when they have no clue what to do with the role.
  9. AberrantAngel Committed Player

Trolling will always be first love. No matter the changes that they make unless they drop the role completely. I'll wait for the revamp to form a decision on stats matter changes. The devs are working hard and there will be many changes before then in the gameplay. Most content now days requires a mediocre troller at best. All the hard content and SM require for the most part a very good troller. Those alone are worth staying a troll. The harder the challenge the more fun I have.
    • Like x 2
  10. lukelucky Devoted Player

way back when t3 was end game we stated controllers not knowing hot to troll. add tutorials we asked. well u see how and how long their response was
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

That's just your perception, All because you don't like the controller role on test doesn't mean the developers don't know what to do with it.
    • Like x 3
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

with the removal of am trolls should be in high demand. im tempted to go back to tanking but will probably end up continuing to troll.
    • Like x 2
  13. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I will be trolling after stats matter
    • Like x 1
  14. Ekart Committed Player

I always was and will be a (Quantum) Controller. :p
    • Like x 1
  15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Enh. From what I've read, stats in fact won't matter; you can give as much power as you want and everyone still runs on empty all the time. I've always tried to stay top tier in my gear and stats, but I'm not sure what difference it will make after this revamp.

We'll see, I guess - but creating a no win situation for trolls will eliminate the gear and stat chase and the reason to spend money on the game. Why bother if you're giving poor power out no matter what you do?
    • Like x 3
  16. Controller Devoted Player

I'm hoping for the best and will STILL be Controlling afterwards.

I'm seriously hoping that it's not as the OP states, though.
    • Like x 2
  17. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Best forum April Fool's yet. GG sir, GG.
    • Like x 1
  18. Cyro Committed Player

I was in sm once and the troll would throw pot up about every 3mins. but he would still use power dumps....To this day we still do not understand how he though that was acceptable
    • Like x 2
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i remember the last great troll shortage.

it was awesome.

the stats revamp might have just given me its first upswing.
    • Like x 2
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

i agree: trolling is very boring on test server.
    i disagree: auto pot is still a good thing, i like it.
    i agree: with the cooldowns preventing it, trollers will never be able to make the whole groups power bar full and keep it that way.
    i disagree: player will have to look out for theyr own power bar with more self responsability, its not only the trolls duty anymore.
    i agree: trolls need to have more important duties in raids for example.
    i disagree: the debuffs have been raised, at least in theyr % values...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.