Producer's Letter: State of the Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Anxient Loyal Player

Because I'm totally using a weapon in an atomic combo loadout. We have at least one troll in raids and either a troll or roleless buff in alerts that give us power but we're supposed to test rotations for these situations without any power?
    • Like x 4
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The old style vendor is redundant, since the regular vendors will simply have those styles for the appropriate currency again. The rare style vendor is not being removed. But, this is all up for debate and discussion once we're through the other short-term plans.
    • Like x 3
  3. supalova20 Well-Known Player

Sounds good but.....you really need to work on support roles......this solo heal and troll thing is still out of hand....this dumb noob community still trying to do high level content with one heal and one troll.....you need to take a vote on necessary support roles in a group......nobody gonna play the role unless you make it 2 healers and 2 controllers are back on the team.....honestly this all dps is sickening......i know a lot of trollers refusing to troll if they are pulled in a solo spot.....they are demanding another teammate troll to share the duties and I approve of that notion......solo DOES NOT BENEFIT A TEAM BASED GAME.....is not a DCUO a TEAM BASED GAME.....so why are you messing up the player community with this solo b.s. and BURN (5-6 dps on a team...juzt sad need only 3) disease....thats your CORE problem....you letting these no skill point no patient people with no sense of gameplay destroy a dam good mmo.....THE REVAMP IS AWESOME....dont let that solo disease b.s. corrupt the direction of this action game AGAIN....support SUPPORT ROLES.....1322 or 2222 team make up and pickups can make it through any raid....solo heal or troll drops, NO POWER NO HEAL.....thats just stupid....
    • Like x 1
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Any news on style unlocking? Also i agree with everyone who has mentioned the dummies giving power back again. Remember on test we had that switch that would call out 1 or 3 dummies that had 0 defense or cr iirc? Cant we have that on live? Except the switch for those dummies allows them to give power back?

Or just simply add power return to the dummies. Either way works.
    • Like x 4
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION: style and gear unlocking and sharing with alts?
    • Like x 12
  6. sharpy36 Active Player

While the old vendors are being updated for new currencies, can they also have the elite gear from their tier added? They can use the same type of renown system that current elite gear uses. It would be nice to actually be able to finish the few elite pieces I still need, and since the vendors are being updated anyways this seems like a good opportunity.
  7. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

I like some of these changes, others... not so much.

Perhaps I misunderstood the thing about separate currencies for tiers 1 thru 7. If I did I apologize, but that sounds like a horrible idea. We used to have separate marks, and I never wanna see another mark of triumph or war or whatever else again. It was a horrible idea then, and it's a horrible idea now. (Unless of course I'm not understanding it. And I'm not too found of war bonds and ancient coins either, if that's what you mean.)

I dunno what the vault scaling means, but it sounds like it's gonna be a good idea.

Is the style vendor gonna include Avatar Bombadier? It's really important, and this seems like a great time to resolve an issue that's been plaguing us for years.

Since you are redoing the feat menu (or will be), can you please revise the LPVE feats? They take a ridiculous amount of time and are only worth 10 points a pop. This has been asked about for years as well.

The difficulty question isn't just a matter of early content. It's also not a matter of only players without SP complaining. I have been playing exclusively with 300+ SP players since revamp. All of them minus 2 hate the revamp and abhor the difficulty. We all feel we were maimed and left in a weakened shadow of our former selves. And yes, the dramatic visuals are necessary because that's how we feel, the forum is a VERY vocal minority that in no way represents the majority of the actual games player base. All you have to do is play with us and ask around.

Simply put, it doesn't feel like stats matter at all. Players with stark differences in SP are getting minor differences in performance, and yes they are similarly skilled. We do not feel that everything was scaled down in an equal percentage. This is not a matter of us being shocked because we are doing less damage in numerical terms.

It's simply obvious that NPCs were nerfed a lot less than we were. We do less damage, have less health and we have a joke in terms of defense. NPCs lost less in terms of everything, and most still hit like trucks.

Please, just play your game and ask the community, it's not just us 300+ SP players either.
    • Like x 9
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I was under the impression you were referring to the common style vendor, which is what Jacob was also referring to on the first page, so I apologize for the misunderstanding. The rare style vendor will most likely stay as is..... hopefully.

Edit: nevermind, Mepps confirmed rare is staying.
  9. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

Technically they are redundant now, but there was some convenience in place by having them. Removing it and having to buy the gear at the new vendor prices is a huge increase to cost for players. A cost that can only be met by grinding out old events for the required currency. So a 10 Mark cost for a chest would become 130 of the new currency. That is a huge jump and the cause for my concern.
    • Like x 9
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

About this, can we shoot the down arrow from 0 and it wrap around too 175, or the max speed we have remaining? Out hit up from 175 and it wrap around to 0? I still like it even if it doesn't do that, but this would speed things up even faster.
  11. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

It's almost as if they're making running old content relevant again by creating a real reward. Just like everybody has been asking for.

At the same time, they're scaling down the adds and bosses in older content, which will make it go faster for endgame players. Just like everybody has been asking for.

I'm not sure I see the problem here.
    • Like x 9
  12. sharpy36 Active Player

Any chance on making it actually give me the acrobat hands I've been farming for over 6.5 years and have never gotten?
    • Like x 6
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Would be cool. But by my count it, if that thing shown is accurate, its gonna take less then 10 seconds to spec 175sp. Not bad.
  14. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Will the vault be reset-able with replays or will vault tickets still exist 4 that purpose?
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

What about tiers overall in regard to #BestGearInVendor ? Not every episode has a vendor gear set.

Like would Norseman gear remain better than the Battle For Earth T4 vendor sets? As Hand of Fate doesn't have a vendor gear set.
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

I have to ask, do ya really think grinding out old content for a bunch of marks for a style is worth it? Im not saying i agree or disagree. Just asking your opinion. Lets say u unlocked the style feat already but are missing the rage chest piece for AnB. If that chest piece costs a ton of marks (we obviously dont know the cost yet) u think thats worth it to most players? I do agree it encourages players to run old content. I think hes worried about how much of a grind it will be. I share the concern somewhat. I know ill be buying up all those styles from vendor 00 im missing on any alts tho :p

Edit: bad example as rage chest piece is a drop. Lets say the red hood chest piece instead.
  17. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Ugh!

I have been think about asking this for awhile now and if what you say here is definitely happening I cant put off this request any longer.

PLEASE, please, please make scaling gear delete-able or even better sellable, prior to scaling it. Scaling gear was a cool thing, when it was rare but with it showing up in both major and seasonal event plus as drops in DLC content, it is far to much and making people progress way to fast.

At this point I wont be doing anymore major events because of this gear dropping constantly with no way to avoid scaling them. And if it is going to be in the vault I wont be going in there anymore either.
    • Like x 1
  18. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

If it's like the similar function in the inventory we'll be able to just type in a number.
    • Like x 2
  19. BumblingB I got better.

#PC4lyfe
    • Like x 5
  20. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

I concur with this message...

Ps. U steal my sig! (Shakes fist angerly)
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.