Producer's Letter: State of the Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I feel like you are expressing distaste for one thing, and then distaste for the thing that fixes it. Can you be more specific in your concern?
    • Like x 1
  2. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

This part makes me feel a bit uneasy.
    1. We will implement unique vendor currencies for tiers 1-7, and update gear costs.
    2. We will add the vendor discount system to tiers 1-7, for obtaining additional gear sets or gear on alts (in conjunction with the feat unlock system).

Once you are past the tier you will have passed the point of earning the unique currencies and still need items to complete the gear sets.
    Will this result in a revamp of the style vendor or kill it outright? That was added to help in that area and this part feels like it is getting rid of it. When you have alts and have to keep grinding the same tier over and over again it kills the time factor and makes you not want to play those alts and enjoy what the game has to fully offer.

This part I do like...
    We will update the vault to drop scaling gear.

And the counter is a great improvement, but as I posted in another thread
    When we respec our points to try different load outs please look into adding the choices for :
    reset weapons only
    reset flight only
    reset iconic powers only
    reset stat points only
    reset all skill points

This way we don't have to re-click everything under the sun if we want to change our weapon specs or adjust skill points.
    • Like x 9
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

PVP revamp wasn't even mentioned :(.

While the revamp was amazing for PVE the revamp slaughtered PVP to the point of it being not even remotely enjoyable.
    • Like x 4
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are of course continuing to review powerset feedback and fix bugs. There is little consensus in the community, so there isn't a strong action item or changed plan to lay out.
    • Like x 2
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So the Rare Style Vendor(Vendor Unit 22) Will still use Marks of Victory?
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, this is not how content-specific currencies work now or will work in earlier tiers. You are always awarded the content-specific currency.
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The divide are the players who power is lacking vs the players who are balanced powers who think everything is fine.
    • Like x 9
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Will there be more balancing for controlling/healing in the not-too-distant future? I feel this is something that needs to be looked at as well.

It's great that DPS is fairly balanced across the board, but there's definitely room for improvement with support roles.
    • Like x 3
  9. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

The Style Vendors being removed makes obtaining some styles a lot harder. Take for example styles that only drop in content. Relying on RNG to complete a style set is not good. And while the style vendor doesn't have all styles, the ones it does have do help! I am sure people don't want to run Love and War for the next 4 years to complete the predator set.

Next would be the inflation of cost & effort to complete the styles that are currently only 10 marks. if they are removed they will at least quadruple in cost to players not to mention the time involved in farming the new currencies.
    • Like x 4
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah, PvP is a pile of rhino dung. Agreed there.
    • Like x 1
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I feel like you guys read the revamp the vault thread. I'm happy some chanes are coming 2 that and old content. You also making it easier for us to have alts. Alts are important now especially if you want in-game cash or more op collection chances.

I hope 2 see a broker update 4 capsules and emblems separation. I also want to have a weapon recovery kit. So we can pay RnD marks to change our weapon back into an untune weapon box. Paying 140 marks and picking a new weapon or deciding to change weapons is a pain. Also can you please give discount to the gear if we purchased it already? It hard to get 175 Healer gear on my main DPs. I gear my DPs in best gear and have to give 172/173 to my support role. A discount on the weapons is a help too after purchase.

Just more suggestions.
    • Like x 4
  12. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

What are the plans for older OP items and elite gear alot of us just want the styles with this new system will that be possible now ?
    • Like x 5
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The old style vendor is all vendor styles that you "out grew" with cr. With each tier having it's own unique mark, all that is doing is making it so you have to run the content appropriate with that tier to receive marks to buy that tiers vendor pieces to finish the style. No RNG involved, just grind.

It encourages players to go back and run old content while keeping all content somewhat "relevant" until you have all the feats.
    • Like x 3
  14. Belthazur Dedicated Player

So Hold up a Minute, Are you telling me ALL Power Sets are Balanced??
    I beg to differ, Ice and Mental are the WORST powers out there, Dmg is shamefully low and Mental need MORE Power Choices
    • Like x 10
  15. BumblingB I got better.

OK! Will sit tight and see.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

Any more news on getting some kind of power return added to the sparring targets?
    • Like x 1
  17. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

Ok, those are two separate thoughts I replied to Mepps about. I appreciate your opinion, but you seem to have misunderstood and lumped them both together or have not clearly stated your thought on this for me. Second, having to run something to farm for an item is the definition of grind.
    • Like x 1
  18. monaka Well-Known Player

About the progression system, can it be less grindy?

Secondly, where is the gear unlock feature? What happened to it? Is it gone?

Please let us play ours alts, the current system is not working.
    • Like x 4
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Hit them with weapon to get power back.
    • Like x 5
  20. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

That's only hybrid and weapon focus.
    • Like x 2
  21. Cacca Well-Known Player

Cool updates. I'm also glad that you are not reacting hastily to balance / nerf cries. People barely re-learned their main powers yet.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.