Producer's Letter: State of the Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

See i agree with all of this. 1 shotting everything is no good. But being killed by cr70 adds when you're 201 is also not good. I hope they find that middle ground and adjust it all to the appropriate level.
    • Like x 3
  2. SasquaT Dedicated Player

What server you playing on i can give you mine loadsout you will be suprised .
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

AoJ and AF3 have their own currency. Like he stated a chest for AoJ atm is 130 marks. But if u have the style feat done and unlocked it becomes 50% off where its now 65 marks. Hope that explains how the system works w/in the last 2 dlcs. Oh we earn 134 or 135 marks a week in AoJ atm. So u can see its a 1 week grind for that chest piece at 1st when running all content w/in the dlc.
  4. Belthazur Dedicated Player

My Name is same in game as on here i am US Server.
    just msg me what your using and how with specing, I'd be happy to check it out
    • Like x 1
  5. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Yeah, that's what I figured. As I said, that's a step backwards from what we had with the iconic style vendor and what we had prior to marks of victory (which was better than the system using the iconic style vendor, but that's splitting hairs).
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

If you wish for more people to read what you have written; then go to Google and let Google translate if first. Then you can post the translation; like I have just done for you.
    Si desea que más gente lea lo que ha escrito; Luego ir a Google y dejar que Google traduce si primero. A continuación, puede publicar la traducción; Como acabo de hacer por ti.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Lol....THIS! Sick of players who believe they write code for the game and are the know all be all. Thank you for this, I cried a tear of joy at the hilarity of of your comeback!
    • Like x 3
  8. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I think a lot of variables go into that example. If I personally have that feat already, then the only enticement there would be if I wanted the actual style, and I get that. Not sure I'm inclined to play through the content unless I really want that chest style.

I honestly don't think there's a one size fits all solution to make old content more palatable to endgame players. Everyone has a different motivation.

I don't see these changes bringing EVERYBODY back to old content, but I think its a step in the right direction towards pushing players into older content.

I know you didn't mention it and this isn't directed at you, but I just want to say in general, based on the given information, it should be clear now, there is no intention of removing marks relevancy, and the community would be better served looking to other possible solutions. That horse is D-E-A-D dead.
  9. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Always Very open to advice and Helpful hints, Also Have no issues passing it along.
  10. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

That's good news on the rare vendor since some of the drops are very stubborn. I would still recommend that a new player try to clear out the 10 mark vendor. It is a lot easier to earn 10 marks of victory than it is to earn around 50 of these new at-tier marks (just to pick a number). Even if you just take the single mark, that's basically 3 out-of-relevancy raid runs versus 5.

And if they use the same costs they have in AF3 and AoJ... holy cow. If you are a new player you will sure wish you'd have cleared out your 10 mark vendor. Just saying.
    • Like x 1
  11. Satack New Player

Thank you superhero guys and gals for addressing some of the small nick nacks because I too did feel that the balance was more on the MOB's or NPC's side and alerts wasn't too bad, about the same really but the raids "LORD"! Being a father of 4 kiddos and working I don't have but acouple hours each evening to enjoy an adventure outside of reality quarters and most enjoyed running my dailes and searching afew drops and collections to sell at the broker but folks when the crawl to even earn MoV's at 201cr and it takes 30 mins or so to get through a t5 raid for example is just extreme abit, it almost feels like 2013 again and trying to get through the Nexus and when you que you get PUG'ed with just garbage... None the less Thank YOU! Very much looking for the phase 1 of this fix
  12. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Now on to serious stuff...thanks for listening devs! We want to feel mighty and powerful. How will beginners see the game if end game players cant even easily get through the earlier tiers? Listen to all feedback and assess all of it. Raids do NOT have to be 2222 as stated earlier. Trolls have struggled after revamp, but i have still beat the end game content as 5111 with lfg guys. Only a hand full of people are arguing about this! Listen to the masses and not the few. Love pfft and the skill point ticker...just make us feel more super! Cant wait for these short term changes to come.
    • Like x 1
  13. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

So i like the fact that u guys are taking the time to read concerns about the stats revamp, i have tested 8 powers so far and only seen balance in all but hard light but only invested about an hour into it. The powers i have tested i play against a league mate 300 sp and earth and am within a 100k damage. Powers tested hl, celestial ,munition , nature, fire, sorcery, rage, earth, electric . Im with the people saying give it time to learn load out .
    Btw devs thanks for update and the work u do.
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

Hmm, the background on those blue icons doesn't match Ice, Quantum or Gadgets. I wonder what they could be.
    • Like x 8
  15. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Please share these magical balanced loadouts you have found. Especially for sorcery because I've tried everything and can't make it competitive with nature, electric, or earth.

• Like x 2
  16. Warped Reality New Player

Why fix roleless buffs? Fix the actually matchmaking system so that we don't need them. There are 4 roles, and alerts have 4 spots, meaning one for each role. Queuing up for 4 mans should have this basic layout as most mmo's do. If people want to challenge themselves and try doing content with a different composition, there should be a seperate option to do so in a preformed party (much like running content unsynced in FFXIV). I dont understand why armories were implemented, making the basic design of matchmaking near obsolete, but this needs to be fixed, in raids as well.
    • Like x 1
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I like these changes. And im sorry but people who think this game is a grind in any way must have never played another mmo. This games "grind" is a cakewalk compared to other mmos and some people complain about it which just makes me think mmos might not be their thing, which is totally fine. People complain about having nothing to do or no rewards and they are giving you more in game things to go do and it's bad? Not talking to you specifically. End game players dont always have to run end game and now end gamers who need these styles will have motivation to go back in old content to get them and this will keep some on the game longer on a daily basis.
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

I like all these changes but you should take a look also at the missions under level 30. Perhaps reduce the number of missions or make some modifications on these missions or perhaps Flash/Zoom and Green Lantern/Sinestro Mentors and so on. We need more players level 30.
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Pretent the troll died xD
    • Like x 1
  20. DMeowth New Player

This is portuguese not, spanish dude xD

"se quiser que mais pessoas leiam o que você escreveu, va até o google, e deixe que o google traduza primeiro, ai vc pode postar a tradução como eu fiz aqui"
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.