Primeval Demons spawn rate

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by ARI ATARI, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brice Allen Loyal Player

This feat was obviously intended not to be farmed...but I would not be denied my 25 Feat Points!! lol...in all seriousness the spawn rate is ridiculously low. It took me 3-4 days of 4 hours or so a day of standing around the area waiting for players to come with the mission for me to finish the feat. So roughly 16 hours. I know one player who was bored and wanted to finish the DLC so she stayed out there for roughly 14 hours straight on her toon to finish the feat. woosah.
    • Like x 1
  2. Ogat New Player

She's proven worthy.. Oh boy..
  3. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

And this is when the DLC is alive and kicking, imagine in a month or two... or honestly even now vs a week ago.

If they just had it spawn once per run like the 4th one woudl always spawn it, then we'd need 19 of the missions to complete, at 1 every 4 days on avg that'd be 76 days. That seems like more than enough to me but /shrug.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I don't mind not getting count for the feat if you don't have the mission. But when you've run the mission quite a few times and only see 2 spawn in yours and got one off a leaguemate... Yeah... Something is seriously wrong. Whenever I get the mission on even alts, I tell my league, we all group up and get nothing. That is what's wrong. This feat is probably the epitome of random luck and it's not even a grind. You want to mess with your players, put more feats like this in there and see how long they last. Bad enough gear like codexes and traces is random luck, this feat should not be like this.
    • Like x 4
  5. ARI ATARI New Player

only feat in the wastelands im missing, im not going to replay it, cause it doesnt spawn. I run my one envy mission a day and then i wait a little while, then call it day.
    notice im at 173, not much left to do feat wise wouldnt you say?
  6. chaotic3430 Committed Player

Some of my league mates went in together (5 total), 3 had this mission. Out of the three, not one dropped out of 12 portals closed. Way to go DC your batting .000.
    • Like x 2
  7. TheRealDeathern New Player

And that is exactly my point... Individuals such as yourself, 173 SP, are the reason why there needs to be feats like this, ones that take longer than a few minutes to complete... If this feat were easily achieved, and others like it, you and others wouldn't really have any reason to log in at all.
  8. ARI ATARI New Player

the envy mission takes 5 minutes though, should i log on run it and call it day?
    should i only spend 5 minutes a day on this feat and then go pvp? should i camp instead of pvp'ing?
    should i spend replays when there is little to no hope of them spawning or even getting the right mission?
    why were the other feats in this dlc so quick but this one which requires zero skill so drawn out. if i get the mission shouldnt i have pretty good odds of getting one and only one demon? most people can run this mission 5 times wihtout seeing a demon.
  9. TheRealDeathern New Player

Anything to get you sucked into playing. We are all rats in a cage, hitting buttons to get a reward.
  10. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

You realize that there's a big difference between doing a daily every day for 300+ days, and doing it for say 70.. 70 would just mean that you are guarenteed one pop per run...is that really too much to ask that if we play every day for 70 days strait that we should be able to finish a feat? Do you really support something that requires you to play every day for a year?

If so then I'm going to have to disagree with you and cry that people like you exist because it only reinforces the devs beliefs that these are acceptable. I realize I'm a rat in a cage, but I don't know when I hand them money IMO they should be baiting us with cheese, not chasing us with a bat.
    • Like x 2
  11. TheRealDeathern New Player

Again you miss the point. They want the feat to be hard so that you continue to go in, day after day, to get the feat. Prime helmet? Yep. Parradox gear? Check. Demons in wastelands? Yep. Do I support it? I never stated that. I simply said the reason for why its the way it is, nothing more.
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I'm not missing the point. I'm simply stating that the devs and whoever supports these kinds of decisions are missing the big point. THis is a freakin game. It's supposed to be fun. This crap isn't.
    • Like x 2
  13. The Hornet New Player

Meh. It sucks. Just standing there waiting for stuff to pop up sucks. If enough stuff in the game sucks, then I'll just say the game sucks and play something else. It's obvious that's not what the Devs are going for.

/thread
    • Like x 4
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

Spawn rate needs to be higher. I've run the Envy missions 25x and I'm 0/19. I don't know how many times I got THAT mission but it was quite a few times. I really wish it was farmable. The problem is that I'm basically done with any reason to run the solo missions whatsoever...but this one feat. Yes, shame on me for replaying such trivial content so aggressively, but trust me, I was focusing on that so I could get back to my other more grindy feats. I'd rather have a 150 feat that takes longer to complete than a double luck-based feat even if it was completed shorter.
  15. Nightwish Well-Known Player

When you have to resort to spending a good amount of time stalking.... I mean following people around to get this feat says a lot. The spawn rate needs to be increase period, I can't tell you how many times I have personally gotten this mission so far, and only gotten 1 primeval for my efforts. I got my other 6 primeval by relentlessly stalking unexpected folks. It gotten to a point where people wised up about what your doing and they stop doing the mission until you leave or they would leave the area themselves so you won't steal the primeval kill from them.

It was a sight to see today. It was me and like 4 others players just hanging around the area killing stuff, waiting for people with the mission to come. After 20+ disrupted rituals, one finally spawns. It was like a group of vultures going after a dead carcass. That primeval devil didn't last a second. I came out victorious with the Bunker Buster/Orbital Strike combo. But it shouldn't have to come to that.

If TLDR: Increase the spawn rate goddammit. :mad:
    • Like x 2
  16. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

What I've heared of and experienced, this mechanics is the reason, why it will take a lot of individuals, playing the way you describe, months and even longer to get that feat.

The low spawn-rate makes people, who want to farm every feat possible, camp the spawn-area even in groups. And if someone else gets the quest and the group jumps in to get credit, the one alone having the quest will very likely get no credit for the demon at all, because the campers do a lot more damage and will "steal" his demon. Allready happened to someone I know. He had the quest, a demon spawned, but the others were faster with killing him and got it, while he didn't get credit for it.
    • Like x 1
  17. Eminence Dedicated Player

Cmon, minor got this feat like two to three weeks ago...
  18. Giggles Loyal Player

I finished this feat the first weekend this DLC came out. I want to say... I would not wish this feat on my worst enemy. It's not only boring, but feats like this one deter people from playing, they most definitely do not encourage people to continue to play. SOE needs to stop with all the random luck nonsense and just make it so if we close 19 portals, regardless of what comes out, we get the feat.

@SOE

Are you trying to kill your own game? You are definitely heading the right direction if that is infect your intent. If it is not your intent, you better do a 180 fast, otherwise you may not like the repercussions that feats like these, and other RNG related aspects of this game, have on your revenue.
    • Like x 1
  19. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I camped it for hours but I gotten all 19 by doing so. This can take about 80 hours worth of camping.
  20. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

At least codex armor pieces were unattuned, and could be chosen what role you wanted. Traces in Time is not and therefore much MORE of a hassle to obtain for the role you desire.

I am at 1/19 Primeval Demons, and that was pure luck as I had no idea these enemies were so very very rare to see. I did get the full Exalted set though, from Wonder Woman. Another annoying thing about those is running each mission five times for each area of the Wastelands, and then getting the bonus bosses in the new duos (awesome duos by the way), and not be guaranteed a piece of Exalted gear. That was how Home Turf did it, and I assumed it was the same way. Boy, was I wrong. The Raven fight, at least made sense, I mean 24 replay badges to farm for what pretty much handed you Tier 5 gear (though not always) seems reasonable to me.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.