Up-Votes Needed Old School Robotic Style from Oolong Island No Longer Exists

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by NovaRandom, Apr 28, 2022.

1. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

Joke of moderators on these forums closed out 3 of the other forum topics related to this topic, thats insane. They closed out 3 different threads that were bumped lately but couldnt address the actual topic. SUPER SAD for the community the devs are like this.
  2. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

3. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

4. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

bump not existing, not a single piece for robot een in the vault
  5. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

PLEASE FIX THIS I love DCUO so, IT DOESNT EXIST AND IT ISNT IN THE VAULTS. I HAVE MY ENTIRE LEAGUE AND OTHER LEAGUES ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THESE PIECES IN THE VAULT AND NOT A SINGLE ROBOTIC PIECE HAS DROPPED EVER. I MYSELF RUN IT ON 9 DUDES A DAY AND GOT COUNTLESS FRIENDS THAT ALSO RUN IT LIKE 10 TIMES A DAY. PLEASE DEVS ADD THIS IN THE GAME. MEPPS, BEANS, DREAM, RED WHOEVER.
  6. Furious Vee Well-Known Player

I hope these styles can be added to a vendor at least, because right now, it seems like there's no way to get them. Considering they added the Luxurious Sink to the Cheetah vendor, I have hope.
    • Like x 1
  7. vRad Level 30

The Robotic feet style, at least, does drop still. As relayed in the other Oolong thread
    HTML:
    <a href="https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/some-older-style-feats-nearly-impossible-to-obtain-since-loot-has-been-changed.319717/page-5#post-4607248">here</a>
    , I created a villain in April (earliest headline date is 4/23/23) who collected the robotic feet style at some point, enabling me to unlock the feat on my main the other night.

It's my only toon to have legit collected them though, so my guess is the drop rate is painfully on par with collections like Time Stealers' Sash or Simple Machine (I've legit only got one piece as drop between those two, despite spamming and feat boosts to the drop rate; all others have come from Steve Trevor and the broker).
    • Like x 1
  8. vRad Level 30

9. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

it would be nice, there are feats connected to the style so it is important that they FIX THIS MASSIVE OUTLIER BUG THAT IS EFFECTING THEIR GAME. THE STYLE DOESNT EXIST ANYMORE AND NEEDS TO BE ADDED BACK SO THE FEAT CAN BE ACHIEVED.
    • Like x 1
  10. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

ive gotten each of those collections to drop a dozen times over, the full collection of both of those. These robotic feat genuinely dont exist on xbox man im telling you. I have over 830sp, hundreds of days in the game and have tried everything to get them. These are the last style in the game i need and they do not exist, only feat i need in all of the classic game category because they dont exist.
  11. vRad Level 30

I genuinely wish I had that level of RNG luck with those collections, because I'm 3 pieces out from finishing Sash (5 months and counting) and the broker prices, on the occasion they're actually listed, are way too rich for my tastes (which leads me to believe the scarcity is universal).
  12. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

It's not in the rare styles vendor?
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Nope. There are many rare old styles that either don't drop anymore, or drop so rarely that it's as if they don't drop, but they also are not in any of the Rare Style Vendors. This would be one of them.
    • Like x 1
  14. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

like the last guy said, nope non existent. everyone needs to go and upvote the original post here, with how many comments and how many views this page has its wild a dev has never commented
  15. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

one of the most viewed and replied to bug forum posts on here and cant get any traction on this, mepps even took the time to delete other forum topics about this but cant actually fix this issue
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yeah, might have something to do with it not counting when the vast majority of the replies are the Original Poster bumping the topic!

As for deleting repeat topics, MOST message boards that are well run either delete duplicate topics, or merge them all together into one thread. That's how it SHOULD be done, and how it NEEDS TO BE DONE! They need to be doing MORE of that, not less!
  17. vRad Level 30

Ok, so this has been tickling my brain and I think I've identified what the problem with the robotic foot style may be:
    It seems to be unavailable to male toons (on my PS account at least). I collected it on a female villain and, on my other 3 female toons (heroes), it can be/has been unlocked with replays. On my male toons, however (heroes and villains) it doesn't even show up in the list of foot styles to be unlocked. I have both male and female toons at 400+ CR so level does not appear to be a factor.

Is anyone else who has completed this style in the last year able to check their toons to confirm if they're seeing the same thing?
    • Like x 1
  18. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

This has been the only helpful advice i have ever seen on the topic ever, and if it does only exist on females toons that is extremely weird and also needs to be fixed as well lol. My girlfriend also plays on her female toon and she is also missing the robotic feet as well so that is also strange. But maybe youre on to something.
  19. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

You said you collected the foot style on a female hero and villian? Like you remember getting the drop on both heroes and villians females? Or you just happen to have that style and dont remember when and how you got it unlocked?
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There are a lot of old styles that have a hidden tag for different genders even though they're the same style. Take Shaman style for example, there's an obvious difference between the male Shaman and female Shaman styles. You can't collect/unlock the female variant on males and you can't collect/unlock the male variant on females. The game treats them as separate unique styles even though they have the same name. Then there are styles that have no obvious male/female variant (such as Barbarian I think) but still have a hidden male/female tag and the game treats them as two separate existing styles. It could be possible that it's the male "variant" of Robotic that isn't dropping and the current dev team didn't realize there are two different "variants" in the system and left that one out when they were reorganizing the loot tables.
    • Like x 4